Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is the process of making a lottery club?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #132675
September 9, 2012
49 Posts
Posted: September 13, 2012, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

I am located in Michigan and am thinking of coming up with a clever name for my lottery club. For now, it will just be me in the club but I would like to know what the process of making a lottery club is in Michigan.  Two clubs that won the lottery in MI were the "His Club" and "P1 Gold Lottery Club". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19828 Posts
    Posted: September 13, 2012, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Once you find some partners, you can consult with them about what would be agreeable.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      rekjavik
      Iceland
      Member #99537
      October 27, 2010
      177 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2012, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

They say two heads are better than one.

But when it comes to the lottery its twice the headache.......Bang Head

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2012, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I am located in Michigan and am thinking of coming up with a clever name for my lottery club. For now, it will just be me in the club but I would like to know what the process of making a lottery club is in Michigan.  Two clubs that won the lottery in MI were the "His Club" and "P1 Gold Lottery Club". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Join one of theirs and see how they do it.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1649 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2012, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

So far, I see a few things missing so let me try and help. First, you all need to get the financial rules of the club established because that's what the whole project is based around. This will especially apply for restrictions on members purchasing tickets on personal time for themeselves. Why? Well, what happens if a member of the club purchases a couple of lines outside of what the club already has entered for the official draw and those lines win? Hmmmmm. So, either all the tickets purchased by each member are official, or, you may need to agree on a clause which may exempt such a win. However, if that player wins the jackpot on that clause, then everyone else loses also...except that one club member.

There are pros and cons in every corner. The best thing about the whole deal is that more tickets can be purchased for less money from each club member...i.e. it'll cost less for more numbers played. This type of deal can be very touchy upon a win so be sure to dot every "i" and cross every "t". Just my .02.

L.L.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2012, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

There are only two possible gnarly choices for a name for your Michigan Club depending on what part of the state you're from.

1) The Fudgies

2) The Yoopers