Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 3:27 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

IS this POSSIBLE

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
smooth11484's avatar - Lottery-053.jpg
ohio
United States
Member #125198
March 26, 2012
1908 Posts
Posted: September 17, 2012, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

Those of you who believe the lottery is not "fixed" can you answer this simple question?

the ohio lottery has a pick 5 game with the lowest prize level for doubles for example 11234 is $416 dollars. Now my question is how is it possible to pay out ONLY $3300 dollars on a single draw do the math thats only 8 people max? C'mon man be real. 

comments welcome

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19901 Posts
    Posted: September 17, 2012, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

The lowest prize level for doubles compared to what?

What math are you talking about?  The object of the game is to afford to pay $50000 for matching all five positions, anything else is just to keep it interesting for the players.

They are paying enough to get players, if they aren't then it will suffer the same fate as Lot'O Play.

Games are created to make money for the state not the players, so don't expect payouts to be more than half of what the state takes in.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5143 Posts
      Posted: September 17, 2012, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!>>>>>>>w/RH:

if UR not play'n 4A>>>>>>>>JACKPOT$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

U Rnot NA position<<<<<<<<2<<<<<AFFORD 2 play D Lottery!

Jack-in-the-Box

ohio
        United States
        Member #125198
        March 26, 2012
        1908 Posts
        Posted: September 17, 2012, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

The lowest prize level for doubles compared to what?

What math are you talking about?  The object of the game is to afford to pay $50000 for matching all five positions, anything else is just to keep it interesting for the players.

They are paying enough to get players, if they aren't then it will suffer the same fate as Lot'O Play.

Games are created to make money for the state not the players, so don't expect payouts to be more than half of what the state takes in.

So........your reply really agrees with me. The lottery is *fixed* to make money. In other words the gambler is the only one gambling; which is my whole premise! Now, to address your question " The lowest level for doubles compared to what?" First, the object of the lottery is not to "afford" or secure enough money to pay an advertised prize. The lottery is a business established for the sole purpose of "profit!" It, aquires this profit from your investment ( wagers) as does the stock market. Regardless of the profile behavior, the lottery has the basic strategy as every market system used to acquire a projected profit. Do not think for one minute that the flow of money within the lottery lanes are not controlled! Now, to elucidate on the pick 5. My mathematical proposition is that it is impossible that seven(7) people (supposing that they all played $.50 cents box on todays number) would be the only recipients of a prize of $416.00 dollars each; a total payout of 3,300, if the game wasn't fixed! Mind you, it would be ludacris to even assume that less than 5000 people played that game today.  Again, your insinuation that their "object" is to "GIVE" money. My insinuation is that their object is to "GET" money!

ohio
          United States
          Member #125198
          March 26, 2012
          1908 Posts
          Posted: September 17, 2012, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!>>>>>>>w/RH:

if UR not play'n 4A>>>>>>>>JACKPOT$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

U Rnot NA position<<<<<<<<2<<<<<AFFORD 2 play D Lottery!

Jack-in-the-Box

Psykomo. I like your name but, their are multiple reasons why people gamble using the lottery. I wouldn't be surprised if more were playing to win "whatever" they may. I think there are more than less people convinced that their winning a jackpot is impossible! LOL!!!!!

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: September 17, 2012, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Psykomo. I like your name but, their are multiple reasons why people gamble using the lottery. I wouldn't be surprised if more were playing to win "whatever" they may. I think there are more than less people convinced that their winning a jackpot is impossible! LOL!!!!!

I disagree with this one. I personally think that winning a jackpot is easy. And I would bet that if you asked 100 lottery players.... "do you think winning a jackpot is impossible?" 100% of the players would say:

"No its NOT impossible" 

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5143 Posts
              Posted: September 17, 2012, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

Thank you SM:

4>>>>>>>>>UR>>>>>>>REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSYKO>>>>>agree'sssssssssss their MAY?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

B more people convinced that winning a jackpot is impossible???????????????????????????????????!

BUT:

why do so many people???????????????????play ALL type's of lottory>3>4>5>&>mega games??

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum

ohio
                United States
                Member #125198
                March 26, 2012
                1908 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2012, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

I disagree with this one. I personally think that winning a jackpot is easy. And I would bet that if you asked 100 lottery players.... "do you think winning a jackpot is impossible?" 100% of the players would say:

"No its NOT impossible" 

This is one of those " we can agree to disagree" moments! Thanks.

ohio
                  United States
                  Member #125198
                  March 26, 2012
                  1908 Posts
                  Posted: September 17, 2012, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

Thank you SM:

4>>>>>>>>>UR>>>>>>>REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSYKO>>>>>agree'sssssssssss their MAY?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

B more people convinced that winning a jackpot is impossible???????????????????????????????????!

BUT:

why do so many people???????????????????play ALL type's of lottory>3>4>5>&>mega games??

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum

Why do sooooo many people play only one game, or are very selective on what game they do play?

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: September 17, 2012, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

This is one of those " we can agree to disagree" moments! Thanks.

No problem Smooth, you B da Man......

I Agree!

ohio
                      United States
                      Member #125198
                      March 26, 2012
                      1908 Posts
                      Posted: September 17, 2012, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

Why do sooooo many people play only one game, or are very selective on what game they do play?

Man, you need to add some guitar avatars along with the two drummers. lol!!!!!

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5143 Posts
                        Posted: September 17, 2012, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Man, you need to add some guitar avatars along with the two drummers. lol!!!!!

THANK u ..........................sm:

pSYKO IS cONFUSEd>>>>SM (id'DE LIKE 2 teach D >>>>>>>>wORLD>>2>>"think">"THINK">jackpot$

SORRY that psyko >>>>ONLY play'S>>>>>>>>>>>>>2 drumbummmm'S>>I'M ah BUMMER!!!!!!$

DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum

ohio
                          United States
                          Member #125198
                          March 26, 2012
                          1908 Posts
                          Posted: September 17, 2012, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

THANK u ..........................sm:

pSYKO IS cONFUSEd>>>>SM (id'DE LIKE 2 teach D >>>>>>>>wORLD>>2>>"think">"THINK">jackpot$

SORRY that psyko >>>>ONLY play'S>>>>>>>>>>>>>2 drumbummmm'S>>I'M ah BUMMER!!!!!!$

DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum

gimme a pik 5

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5143 Posts
                            Posted: September 17, 2012, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

gimme a pik 5

THANK'ssssssssLovies

will >>>>>>>>>>>>>>ASK>>>>D>GITAR'ssssssssssssss2 cum^UP with >>>>>>>>pik'$$$$$$$^^^!!!!!

DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1654 Posts
                              Posted: September 17, 2012, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

Most of the jackpot players, in my honest, humble, and math-based opinion, are hoping for a lucky break on that HUGE win for instant millions. There's nothing wrong with it as it's actually very exciting to think about and dream on the possibilities...someone experiences such a win here and there. This is what keeps players in that particular faction going every week. It's the chance at a life-changing sum of money for a few bucks.

Then, there's the small game groups which consist of people like me. I believe that there is a very reasonable percentage of small game (Pick3/4) players which understands that it's much easier to win on these games...and reasonably consistent. I could also be wrong in my belief. However, from a purely mathematical perspective, it's much easier to develop parameters for a 0-9 game and somewhat "control" the overall outcome for a win. See, the less numbers involved the less the numbers can do (variance)...and the less it costs to play/win. Dollar for dollar, Pick3/4 are the games to try and master for reasonably consistent payouts.

Some players know that their game is at the mercy of their numbers while other players know that their numbers are at the mercy of the game. There's a big difference.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living