Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I dont' trust those ticket scanners

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Los Angeles CA
United States
Member #114644
August 4, 2011
4 Posts
Posted: September 18, 2012, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

I have no instance where a scanner that checked my ticket was wrong, but I still manually check my tickets even if the scanner said "Sorry Not A Winner". Sometimes tickets get all wrinkled up and I wonder how accurately the scanner can read such a ticket. And call me paranoid, which I definitely am, who knows what algorithm lies within that system and how subject to manipulation it may be? 

Or, maybe I just refuse to believe I didn't win. Again.

Anyone ever have a scanner say a ticket lost when it won something?

Del, Saint of the Numbers. If only they'd stop moving around on me.

Artemis's avatar - Alice
    New England
    United States
    Member #100508
    November 13, 2010
    96 Posts
    Posted: September 19, 2012, 3:50 am - IP Logged

Sometimes if I scan my tickets too fast, the scanner will repeat the message it had for the previous ticket.

It is best to let it clear completely to the "Scan Here" screen before trying again  :-)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: September 19, 2012, 11:58 am - IP Logged

I tried the scanners in Virginia a few times but it takes forever to get the ticket perfectly centered so the dam thing will read the bar code.

Not worth the hassle.

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: September 19, 2012, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Wherever a scanner is located, there should also be a local lottery official nearby with a painted bulls-eye on their behind. 

When the scanner malfunctions or gives conflicting messages, you can then march over to the lottery official and offer them a good swift kick

to their bulls-eye. This will not help the operation of the scanner so much, but will at least provide an outlet for the accompanying annoyance.

I would suggest a limit of only three kicks/ per day/ per official. An annual cap of 1000 kicks per official should also be appropriate.    Smile