Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why does the MM JP increase on usamega with no Official results?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Anfang71.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Japan
Member #131605
August 14, 2012
372 Posts
Posted: October 13, 2012, 12:45 am - IP Logged

I mean on the site it will say what the numbers are from the live drawing...and usualy 2 hours after then will reveal if there was a winner of some sorts. But i've noticed it will already increase the next JP with no news (official) if there was a winner or not.  I checked maybe 40 minutes after the numbers were posted and it already had an increased Jackpot and no news if there was a winner (or LOOSER). Just found that kind of odd

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23277 Posts
    Posted: October 13, 2012, 12:50 am - IP Logged

The new jackpot is released by the lotteries before the all the details about the winners, so the new jackpot is published at USA Mega immediately after it is first available.  Then when the details are released, the news story is published.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Japan
      Member #131605
      August 14, 2012
      372 Posts
      Posted: October 13, 2012, 8:05 am - IP Logged

The new jackpot is released by the lotteries before the all the details about the winners, so the new jackpot is published at USA Mega immediately after it is first available.  Then when the details are released, the news story is published.

I see. Alright then. It was just I've never noticed it did that before until after the actual news was was out on the site. Thanks for reply