Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Book Swap

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 4 years ago by omiller315.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ATL
United States
Member #121200
January 4, 2012
11 Posts
Posted: October 13, 2012, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

Not sure if this has been talked about or the legality of it but was thinking last night about a book swap. I've been reading on this fourm for a while and I noticed that every player wants to play each others state scratchers most noteably the ones from Florida. So I was thinking why not swap books of tickets. Just wanted to start a discussion and see what everyone thought.

Best Wins GA - 50x The Money 50x Symbol $5 ($250) Twice    CT - Fast Cash $500 & Crown Jewel 7's $500

Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #109275
    April 9, 2011
    1503 Posts
    Posted: October 13, 2012, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Not sure if this has been talked about or the legality of it but was thinking last night about a book swap. I've been reading on this fourm for a while and I noticed that every player wants to play each others state scratchers most noteably the ones from Florida. So I was thinking why not swap books of tickets. Just wanted to start a discussion and see what everyone thought.

I don't see anything illegal about it, but it could be a nuisance to cash in winners(especially ones that require tax form). I have often thought about mailing tickets to friends across the state. i think it would be cool to do it in the same state and have a ticket swap, but at the same time if I possessed a $1 Million dollar winner and then mailed it elsewhere as part of a ticket swap, I would be ticked...

To take it one step futher I wondered about the legality of a clerk reselling a pack from another store. My regular store goes to Norristown alot. He has a friend there who gets soda cheaper, so he buys from him. I always wondered if he would be "allowed" to buy a book down there and sell it in his store as a full book or ticket by ticket. As a friend I thought to ask him a few times if he could get me one from down there, so i am sure thats legal, but I would doubt the reselling of a book he purchased elsewhere would be kosher. Granted it wouldnt be worth his time to resell the book cause he would lose the 5% profit the original owner got for selling it, so I would figure he would only do it for regulars or friends who plan to buy the whole book.