Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you multi-draw?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 4 years ago by whiteballz.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How do you buy your numbers?

Draw-by-draw [ 10 ]  [55.56%]
Multi-draw [ 8 ]  [44.44%]
Total Valid Votes [ 18 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
ttech10's avatar - blobdude
Texas
United States
Member #92330
June 5, 2010
887 Posts
Posted: October 16, 2012, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering how many people here select their numbers on a draw-to-draw basis (or just buy single QPs) and how many do multi-draw.

I used to go to the store twice a week to play, but lately I've been going with somewhere between 5 draws and 10. It's been nice knowing I don't have to worry about what day it is to make sure I get my chance each draw. There have actually been days where I check the USA Mega site and find out the draw was the day before.

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: October 16, 2012, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

I play several games, and usually pick up my tickets every Monday and Thursday.

Because I incorporate QP's into my matrix, getting a multi-draw would not fit into my present scheme, to win all these jackpots.

I would imagine a good number of the "serious" players who wheel their numbers, would also fall into this category.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: October 16, 2012, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

When I drove out of state to play PowerBall and BigGame I played multi-draws to avoid another trip if no one won the jackpot but now that both games are available locally I only play them one draw at a time.  If the jackpots are worth playing for I have no problem making a trip to the store for tickets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: October 16, 2012, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I used to play multi-draw til I discovered BETTER ODDS from draw to draw.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
          Mcminnville, Oregon
          United States
          Member #3013
          December 13, 2003
          3052 Posts
          Posted: October 16, 2012, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

I buy tickets almost every day so I do not multi-draw because the numbers never stay the same so they always change so I must change with it too.  To have a chance at winning anything since I only buy one line I like to QP my tickets every draw something different shows up.  So hopefully I will hit a nice prize soon.  Good luck to all!-weshar75

US Flag

Texas
            United States
            Member #92330
            June 5, 2010
            887 Posts
            Posted: October 16, 2012, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I play several games, and usually pick up my tickets every Monday and Thursday.

Because I incorporate QP's into my matrix, getting a multi-draw would not fit into my present scheme, to win all these jackpots.

I would imagine a good number of the "serious" players who wheel their numbers, would also fall into this category.

Yea I figured most on the site would do on a per draw basis because of wheels, numbers being hot/cold or because they play a game off and on again.

Texas
              United States
              Member #92330
              June 5, 2010
              887 Posts
              Posted: October 16, 2012, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

I used to play multi-draw til I discovered BETTER ODDS from draw to draw.

I would usually do QPs the day of each draw but since I've changed from that I have had just as much luck going with QPs for so long or my own numbers.

There was one draw I missed and if I had my numbers in that I was going to play I would have had a $7 winner (and I only play with $1 per game). Also as I said before, it's nice to just kind of forget about the draws for a while but know I still have numbers in play. It saves me from having to constantly think about the game... I can get lost in other things more often now.

I  also think it would be cool to have a jackpot win on one of the first two or three draws on a 10 draw ticket, sort of like how the people with a $5 ticket win on the first number.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10353 Posts
                Posted: October 16, 2012, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Draw by draw in my state, multi-draw on other games in bordering states if those games look interesting.

With all these monitors and winners mugs getting put on all of them in a state, I'm starting to think one would be better off hitting a Pick 6 game in a state they don't live in and they're unknown. Let a different state put your picture on there, who cares.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: October 16, 2012, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering how many people here select their numbers on a draw-to-draw basis (or just buy single QPs) and how many do multi-draw.

I used to go to the store twice a week to play, but lately I've been going with somewhere between 5 draws and 10. It's been nice knowing I don't have to worry about what day it is to make sure I get my chance each draw. There have actually been days where I check the USA Mega site and find out the draw was the day before.

I play my one line of birthday/lucky numbers by multi-draw on a monthly basis.

That way I won't forget to play because my third grade teacher once told me that I was quite possibly the stupidest person in the history of the world.

So I don't take any chances.

United States
                    Member #115803
                    August 28, 2011
                    127 Posts
                    Posted: October 16, 2012, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

I have one set of birthday/lucky numbers that never changes.  I do that set on a multi-draw basis for each of the games I play it in.  (Ohio Rolling Cash 5, Ohio Classic Lotto.  Sometimes I do Michigan Fantasy 5 and Michigan Classic Lotto with the same numbers.)

I live close to the border between the 2 states...there's a store that sells Michigan lottery tickets 3 miles north of the store where I usually get my Ohio tickets.  So it's pretty easy for me to buy both state's tickets in one quick trip.  :)

Any other tickets aside from that one combination are on a draw-by-draw basis.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3300 Posts
                      Posted: October 17, 2012, 12:52 am - IP Logged

my state lotto allows upto 6 months of pre bets.  so i onece used that, got everyones money for syndicate and put in2.5  month at a time bets.

ie 10 weeks .

but as i have a good bank , that allows online setup of accounts and transfers instasntly between them. i  now do it fortnightly. ie ea 2 weeks.

mainy to  scrape a % of the interest on the money. yea we still get 5.7% on savings, so  the money is better sitting in the lotto pools account than   lottery comissions.

now i billl syndicate players monthly and buy tickets  ea 2 weeks.

but some jackpot games i only play week by week, as the jackpot determines if im going to play it

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #132455
                        September 4, 2012
                        483 Posts
                        Posted: October 17, 2012, 7:11 am - IP Logged

I'm always trying my luck every week... with the numbers I've been using for a long time.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: October 17, 2012, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I'm a crazed multi game player, I'm just not sure in I can wait 20,000 years to hit a winner  What?

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: October 17, 2012, 10:57 am - IP Logged

I'm a crazed multi game player, I'm just not sure in I can wait 20,000 years to hit a winner  What?

I Agree!  I could probably wait 5,000 years, but 20,000 is just unrealistic.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                              u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19874 Posts
                              Posted: October 17, 2012, 11:05 am - IP Logged

depending on the game i play but if i pick my own numbers

i play them for @ least 7-14 days...

i already won $65.00 + i just won another $35.00 & 2 free tickets. Hyper

Let it Snow Snowman