Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 2:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions rolls to only $32 million

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Morrison, IL
United States
Member #4657
May 13, 2004
1884 Posts
Posted: October 31, 2012, 8:06 am - IP Logged

This has got to be the smallest fifth draw jackpot in a long time.  I also noticed Mega Millions didn't sell even 15 million tickets for last night's draw.  I wonder if this means Powerball will increase to only $120 million for Saturday's draw, assuming that jackpot is not won tonight.

---

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
    NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    12118 Posts
    Posted: October 31, 2012, 11:17 am - IP Logged

This has got to be the smallest fifth draw jackpot in a long time.  I also noticed Mega Millions didn't sell even 15 million tickets for last night's draw.  I wonder if this means Powerball will increase to only $120 million for Saturday's draw, assuming that jackpot is not won tonight.

The days of $1 lottery games are over.Large jackpots attract more players.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
      Nutley, New Jersey
      United States
      Member #131058
      August 1, 2012
      875 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2012, 3:19 am - IP Logged

I'm not surprised about slow Mega Millions sales. Powerball tickets are twice the cost of MM tickets but right now the PB jackpot is 4 times the size of MM. The only time MM sales will pick up is if PB is won and the jackpot is reset to 40 million and the MM jackpot is at least half that amount (20 million) or more.

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2012, 4:23 am - IP Logged

I'm not surprised about slow Mega Millions sales. Powerball tickets are twice the cost of MM tickets but right now the PB jackpot is 4 times the size of MM. The only time MM sales will pick up is if PB is won and the jackpot is reset to 40 million and the MM jackpot is at least half that amount (20 million) or more.

Dont forget.  PB and MM are run by the same organization.  MUSL 

If Musl had the choice, knowing no JP winners occured, they would take 7 million from MM and put it towards the JP of PB.

Thus making MM look inferior, when its really not.

Its all illusion and matter of perspective.

And no matter how many drugs I take to alter that perspective, I can still tell you PB is a ripoff.

And MM is close behind.

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
          Nutley, New Jersey
          United States
          Member #131058
          August 1, 2012
          875 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2012, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Dont forget.  PB and MM are run by the same organization.  MUSL 

If Musl had the choice, knowing no JP winners occured, they would take 7 million from MM and put it towards the JP of PB.

Thus making MM look inferior, when its really not.

Its all illusion and matter of perspective.

And no matter how many drugs I take to alter that perspective, I can still tell you PB is a ripoff.

And MM is close behind.

you haven't tried ayahuasca then. You wouldn't even know which galaxy you were in.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19903 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2012, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Just like political parties, PowerBall and MegaMillions have their regular players that they can depend on to buy a certain amount of tickets every drawings regardless of the jackpot amount.  It's those undecided players who  causes the jackpot growth rate to fluctuate. 

These players usually go with the largest jackpot or when MM jackpot reaches a certain level play it because they can buy more tickets with same amount of money.  Now that MM is at $32M, they'll probably be buying more MM tickets again.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking