Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Creative Marketing Techniques to Increase LP Memberhip

Topic closed. 86 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: November 7, 2012, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

The devil is in the details....which have yet to be completely worked out.   Evil Smile

Membership fee could be based on income and deducted from paychecks like fica or fdic.......Cheers

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: November 7, 2012, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Membership fee could be based on income and deducted from paychecks like fica or fdic.......Cheers

Always thinking, that's would I love about you!    Lovies  Conehead

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: November 7, 2012, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Always thinking, that's would I love about you!    Lovies  Conehead

Conehead

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
        Jacksonville Florida
        United States
        Member #23018
        October 6, 2005
        936 Posts
        Posted: November 7, 2012, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

LP is already the world's largest lottery forum, but are there other ways to further increase membership?

One idea that comes to mind is a web based advertising venue, that kicks in whenever key search words are used by any web surfer.

Promotions to draw added members might include giving every 1000th paid member, a free Platinum membership, and/or a $500 cash bonus.

Other ideas could include more encouraged word of mouth, among existing LP members to friends, family, work associates, etc.

Possibly some limited radio/TV spots, to capture niche audiences right around the time when Lottery results are being broadcast.

Any other ideas out there to get the good word out, and more members in.  What?

helpmewin has some real nice thinking caps available, for those who might be interested! 

The problem with most advertising for internet information/forum sites it that it is expensive and the return is low.

Maybe Todd could chime in to confirm this, but I am betting he is not making a lot of profit from this site. Having worked with internet sites and forums for 20 years, I know that sites such as this take a lot more time, work, and effort than many people realize. If you factor in his time, this is not a gold mine, money wise. The return on investment from high profile advertising would probably not be worth it, short term or long term.

One way everyone could help out sites like this, especially for us who are non-paying members, is to click on the ads that are here.

Another tip: if you are ordering something from Amazon.com, first click on the ad link for Todd's 2011 Lottery Results book, which will take you to Amazon. Then, most other things you buy on Amazon in that visit will generate a small referral fee to the site ... it's the least we can do if we are not paying for membership.

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: November 7, 2012, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

The problem with most advertising for internet information/forum sites it that it is expensive and the return is low.

Maybe Todd could chime in to confirm this, but I am betting he is not making a lot of profit from this site. Having worked with internet sites and forums for 20 years, I know that sites such as this take a lot more time, work, and effort than many people realize. If you factor in his time, this is not a gold mine, money wise. The return on investment from high profile advertising would probably not be worth it, short term or long term.

One way everyone could help out sites like this, especially for us who are non-paying members, is to click on the ads that are here.

Another tip: if you are ordering something from Amazon.com, first click on the ad link for Todd's 2011 Lottery Results book, which will take you to Amazon. Then, most other things you buy on Amazon in that visit will generate a small referral fee to the site ... it's the least we can do if we are not paying for membership.

Wow those are some really great tips duckman, thank you!  Thumbs Up

I do not have the marketing background to speak to some of these ideas, I'm just throwing them out there for forum discussion.

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: November 7, 2012, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

Wow those are some really great tips duckman, thank you!  Thumbs Up

I do not have the marketing background to speak to some of these ideas, I'm just throwing them out there for forum discussion.

Yeah, there are days when I wish I was smart and could say intelligent things...

Someday I will say smart and intelligent things......

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: November 7, 2012, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

I have resolve and determination to say something intelligent someday.........Hat

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                upstate NY
                United States
                Member #108791
                March 31, 2011
                549 Posts
                Posted: November 7, 2012, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Maybe Todd could chime in to confirm this, but I am betting he is not making a lot of profit from this site.

I'm not so sure about that.  Granted, I don't know how much it costs to keep Lottery Post and USA Mega online, but having worked in the information technology sector, I do have a general idea of the costs of running high-traffic websites with robust architecture capable of handling even the biggest spikes.  (You may remember that during the big Mega Millions run earlier this year, every LP news story about MM mentioned that USA Mega has the ability to stay up even when the MM website and most state lottery sites are crumbling under the weight of the increased traffic.  As it turned out, this was true as there were only a few hiccups.)  However, given the number of paid accounts here and the costs of each, whatever revenue he gets from ads and the Amazon links, and the revenue that comes in from the gift shop and the annual lottery results almanacs that he publishes himself, I think it's reasonable to assume that he turns enough of a profit to make all of his hard work worth it.

Regardless, I certainly don't expect Todd to share those numbers with us.

Patriot

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: November 7, 2012, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Maybe Todd could chime in to confirm this, but I am betting he is not making a lot of profit from this site.

I'm not so sure about that.  Granted, I don't know how much it costs to keep Lottery Post and USA Mega online, but having worked in the information technology sector, I do have a general idea of the costs of running high-traffic websites with robust architecture capable of handling even the biggest spikes.  (You may remember that during the big Mega Millions run earlier this year, every LP news story about MM mentioned that USA Mega has the ability to stay up even when the MM website and most state lottery sites are crumbling under the weight of the increased traffic.  As it turned out, this was true as there were only a few hiccups.)  However, given the number of paid accounts here and the costs of each, whatever revenue he gets from ads and the Amazon links, and the revenue that comes in from the gift shop and the annual lottery results almanacs that he publishes himself, I think it's reasonable to assume that he turns enough of a profit to make all of his hard work worth it.

Regardless, I certainly don't expect Todd to share those numbers with us.

He could always resort to unclogging stopped up toilets for a living, like I do....... What?

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4987 Posts
                    Posted: November 7, 2012, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Why doesn't someone pitch a 1/2 hr lottery show that was mentioned earlier. Someone else underwrites the costs (a network and it does not have to be a big 3 to make $ nowadays) and Todd serves as a consulting/exec producer (some of these are in name only but you get $/royalties) and there is also more publicity for this site. TLC is a big money maker. Obviously Todd would have to do the pitching since he has the lottery expertise, etc. Blogs have been turned into books so why not turn this site into an informational TV show.  You could also have a best LP post or tweet of the week.

J'aime La France.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: November 7, 2012, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

Why doesn't someone pitch a 1/2 hr lottery show that was mentioned earlier. Someone else underwrites the costs (a network and it does not have to be a big 3 to make $ nowadays) and Todd serves as a consulting/exec producer (some of these are in name only but you get $/royalties) and there is also more publicity for this site. TLC is a big money maker. Obviously Todd would have to do the pitching since he has the lottery expertise, etc. Blogs have been turned into books so why not turn this site into an informational TV show.  You could also have a best LP post or tweet of the week.

WAIT......... Have you people been tweeting at each other without telling me? I had no idea.......

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4987 Posts
                        Posted: November 7, 2012, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

WAIT......... Have you people been tweeting at each other without telling me? I had no idea.......

lol  Nooo people could tweet to LP...not at each other.

J'aime La France.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: November 7, 2012, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

lol  Nooo people could tweet to LP...not at each other.

Ohhhhhh.......  Ok, well just let me know if any of the toilets get stopped up...... 

All this thinking is making me sleepy....  Sleep

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                            u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19967 Posts
                            Posted: November 7, 2012, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

He could always resort to unclogging stopped up toilets for a living, like I do....... What?

Cleaning the bathroom emoticon (Bathroom smileys)ronnie , you call it making a (living).. What?

Patriot

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                              United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3857 Posts
                              Posted: November 7, 2012, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Ohhhhhh.......  Ok, well just let me know if any of the toilets get stopped up...... 

All this thinking is making me sleepy....  Sleep

Looks like your busiest day of the year is coming soon.... day after thanksgiving ! LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.