Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cash payouts

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2012, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Are the estimated cash payouts for megamillions and powerball the same in all states?? I.E....Here in N.C the powerball cash payout is 143 million for the 214 million dollar drawing and for mega millions the cash payout is 20 million for the 26 million dollar drawing...BTW does anyone notice the huge decrepancy between the payouts with powerball and megamillion? I.E. its 20 million vs. 26 million in the payout for megamillions and for powerball its 143 million vs. 214 million....That's a huge gap in the payouts....Im just wondering....why?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19826 Posts
    Posted: November 15, 2012, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

Are the estimated cash payouts for megamillions and powerball the same in all states?? I.E....Here in N.C the powerball cash payout is 143 million for the 214 million dollar drawing and for mega millions the cash payout is 20 million for the 26 million dollar drawing...BTW does anyone notice the huge decrepancy between the payouts with powerball and megamillion? I.E. its 20 million vs. 26 million in the payout for megamillions and for powerball its 143 million vs. 214 million....That's a huge gap in the payouts....Im just wondering....why?

You can check the jackpot analogy for both games at USAMega, it explains the different annuities periods and payout schedules for the next estimated jackpots of both games.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2012, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

You can check the jackpot analogy for both games at USAMega, it explains the different annuities periods and payout schedules for the next estimated jackpots of both games.

USAMega explains just about anything you need to know about everything.  Conehead

xandercage's avatar - eye storm.jpg
        texas
        United States
        Member #72549
        March 21, 2009
        141 Posts
        Posted: November 17, 2012, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

off the top of your head do you know any states that make similiar draws on pick 5. for instance im looking for a state that matches up well with texas?

If you wont stand behind our troops, then stand in front of them!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19826 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2012, 10:44 am - IP Logged

USAMega explains just about anything you need to know about everything.  Conehead

USAMega specialty is only PowerBall and MegaMillions.  If you want to know about other games you have to come to LP.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2012, 11:13 am - IP Logged

USAMega specialty is only PowerBall and MegaMillions.  If you want to know about other games you have to come to LP.

Those are the only games I really care about.

Guess if your looking for some chump change, LP would be a nice place to go.  Thumbs Up