Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If You Were Given The Winning Powerball Numbers For This Wednesday's Drawing...

Topic closed. 74 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2012, 8:49 am - IP Logged

If you were to be guaranteed to have the winning numbers, for the $250 million Powerball jackpot for this Thanksgiving, would you agree to have

just ten years remaining of your life?  Turkey

They say it's not the years in your life, but the life in your years. Quality of life is what it's all about, right?   Roll Eyes

That's 3,650 days of total care free bliss.  Banana

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2012, 9:06 am - IP Logged

LOL. Excellent thought mcginnin56, but the reason cash is called "cold" and "hard" is because cash alone can never create "total care free bliss" lol. lol. Nice try though. My answer would be a resounding NO. lol.

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2012, 9:19 am - IP Logged

LOL. Excellent thought mcginnin56, but the reason cash is called "cold" and "hard" is because cash alone can never create "total care free bliss" lol. lol. Nice try though. My answer would be a resounding NO. lol.

I respect your position on this proposal Ronnie316.

Not everyone will be on board to receive a quarter of a billion dollars.

For those that are still unemployed, at least they can be assured that the food stamps and welfare checks, will continue to roll in. Hyper

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2012, 9:25 am - IP Logged

I respect your position on this proposal Ronnie316.

Not everyone will be on board to receive a quarter of a billion dollars.

For those that are still unemployed, at least they can be assured that the food stamps and welfare checks, will continue to roll in. Hyper

Thanks mcginnin56, whoo knows??? The most sure path to "total care free bliss" may in fact be.....

food stamps and welfare checks                     

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: November 19, 2012, 9:29 am - IP Logged

Thanks mcginnin56, whoo knows??? The most sure path to "total care free bliss" may in fact be.....

food stamps and welfare checks                     

Green laughWhat a fascinating concept!

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: November 19, 2012, 10:13 am - IP Logged

Green laugh

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: November 19, 2012, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Green laughWhat a fascinating concept!

Green laugh

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: November 19, 2012, 10:23 am - IP Logged

If you were to be guaranteed to have the winning numbers, for the $250 million Powerball jackpot for this Thanksgiving, would you agree to have

just ten years remaining of your life?  Turkey

They say it's not the years in your life, but the life in your years. Quality of life is what it's all about, right?   Roll Eyes

That's 3,650 days of total care free bliss.  Banana

The Book of Questions, Lottery Edition?

Good topic mcginnin, but let's say you go for the ten years left only to find out 5,000 other people all went for it.

Scared

Also, time does fly, ten yers would go rather quickly. The older you get the faster it goes.

Someone here on LP once posted that when you win a jackpot you're not really problem free, you just trade one set of problems for a comletely different kind. So I don't think anyone could count on total care free bliss. Well, maybe if they were on Tralfamadore with Montana Wildhack.

Smile

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: November 19, 2012, 10:31 am - IP Logged

Good topic mcginnin, but let's say you go for the ten years left only to find out 5,000 other people all went for it.

Scared

Also, time does fly, ten yers would go rather quickly. The older you get the faster it goes.

Someone here on LP once posted that when you win a jackpot you're not really problem free, you just trade one set of problems for a comletely different kind. So I don't think anyone could count on total care free bliss. Well, maybe if they were on Tralfamadore with Montana Wildhack.

Smile

Good point, perhaps mcginnin56, could just guarantee the total care free bliss WITHOUT winning a JP What?

Lurking

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3157 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2012, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I'll take the 10yrs. I would love the chance to blow 12mill a yr (after tax) while i'm somewhat still young.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2012, 10:37 am - IP Logged

I'll take the 10yrs. I would love the chance to blow 12mill a yr (after tax) while i'm somewhat still young.

Excellent point, I hadn't thought that the need to "save for retirement" would be eliminated..........

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                        Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #49980
                        February 21, 2007
                        34139 Posts
                        Posted: November 19, 2012, 10:38 am - IP Logged

I would invest mind, and I don't get none of them things your talking about and I am willing to share lol!

No Welfare Check or Food Stamps, I would give to Charity  some of it..

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: November 19, 2012, 11:02 am - IP Logged

Scared

Smile

For the sake of argument, this question would assume that you were the sole winner of the jackpot.

Time does fly much faster when your older, I totally agree! Therefore I would recommend that a very young person took advantage of this offer.  Disney

Bliss is a state of mind, control your mind, and your care free bliss will be assured!   Big Grin Santa

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3300 Posts
                            Posted: November 19, 2012, 11:08 am - IP Logged

would make a good short story. the devil offers the deal to 1 guy, and he agonizes, and talks to people about winning lotto with family and trusted freinds. after he decides tthat hell play the numbers, playing the nunmbers is acceptance of the contract.

then the day afterr finds out EVERYONE in america also got offered the deal, and their winning is 0.20c on the dollar.

the devil returns to hell laughing, a much jauntier,, and  soul rich demonic overlord.

my picks, 6 16 26 36 46. pb 18

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                              Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #49980
                              February 21, 2007
                              34139 Posts
                              Posted: November 19, 2012, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Just wanted to see how far this would go lol...Green laugh

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.