Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball - Should I feel bad?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcherry.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
WaLottoDude's avatar - 8ball
Snohomish, WA
United States
Member #135234
November 19, 2012
29 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2012, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

With the Powerball craze that is going on I planned on doing my first real hard "educated guess" this drawing (Wednesday) to see if I can get the jackpot... Like everybody else. However it falls the day before my payday. I have a few checks in the bank that "may" clear before then. But I'm looking at under $20 to invest in my Powerball activities. I wanted to do my own picks and a few quickpicks and "invest" a total of about $100. Should I feel bad that I can only do 20% or less than what I wanted, or maybe I'll pick the right numbers and win on my less than $20 investment!

Here's to hoping either way!

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2012, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

Combine 80 dollars worth of work and research with 20 dollars worth of tickets and you'll have a $100 effort!

Good luck and welcome to LP!Thumbs Up

"Everything works  ONCE!"

WaLottoDude's avatar - 8ball
      Snohomish, WA
      United States
      Member #135234
      November 19, 2012
      29 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2012, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Combine 80 dollars worth of work and research with 20 dollars worth of tickets and you'll have a $100 effort!

Good luck and welcome to LP!Thumbs Up

Ha! That's why you get paid the big bucks. That's a good idea Big Smile. Then if my checks clear it'll be that much better

Thanks for the welcome See Ya!

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2012, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

With the Powerball craze that is going on I planned on doing my first real hard "educated guess" this drawing (Wednesday) to see if I can get the jackpot... Like everybody else. However it falls the day before my payday. I have a few checks in the bank that "may" clear before then. But I'm looking at under $20 to invest in my Powerball activities. I wanted to do my own picks and a few quickpicks and "invest" a total of about $100. Should I feel bad that I can only do 20% or less than what I wanted, or maybe I'll pick the right numbers and win on my less than $20 investment!

Whenever you're low on cash and you can't play with more money than you have..........remember the guy in S.C. who stopped for gas and bought a $2 powerplay ticket and won 265 MILLION DOLLARS.......that always brings me back to reality.....you only need one set of numbers....so don't blow the bills money trying to win something that $2-$3 can get you.......I'd wish you luck but I'm trying to win too LOL.......Hey maybe we can both hit it........and split it LOL

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6305 Posts
          Posted: November 19, 2012, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

WaLottoDude, there have been many Jackpot winners who have won on $1/$2 & $4 tickets.

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_stories.asp

I Love Pink & Green 1908

mcherry's avatar - 15214497642eca44f03b16
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #133892
            October 12, 2012
            248 Posts
            Posted: November 19, 2012, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

Do you Group Hug