Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

And the WINNER is...

Topic closed. 82 replies. Last post 4 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

What would tick you off most?

NY Resident wins... [ 2 ]  [5.88%]
If a wealthy person wins... [ 9 ]  [26.47%]
If a celebrity wins... [ 3 ]  [8.82%]
If a criminal/ex convict wins... [ 3 ]  [8.82%]
If a rookie/first timer wins... [ 2 ]  [5.88%]
If an illegal immigrant wins... [ 3 ]  [8.82%]
If a previous JP winner wins... [ 4 ]  [11.76%]
If Mirlande wins for REAL this time... [ 1 ]  [2.94%]
If an LP Troll wins... [ 1 ]  [2.94%]
Other (Please specify) [ 6 ]  [17.65%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
Member #133462
September 30, 2012
5946 Posts
Posted: November 24, 2012, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

We often ride these emotional highs when the jackpot for either multi state game skyrockets. I have been around long enough to experience the funeral-like atmosphere on LP the day following when we discovered that it wasn't us.

So you nor I won. What would add insult to injury?

I know some of you would want to select two or three options, but focus on what would tick you off most. Feel free to comment on the others in your posts.

ThudNo Pity!Bang HeadThudNo Pity!Bang HeadThudNo Pity!Bang HeadThudNo Pity!Bang HeadThudNo Pity!Bang HeadThudNo Pity!Bang HeadThudNo Pity!Bang Head                                                                               

"Everything works  ONCE!"

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
    Nutley, New Jersey
    United States
    Member #131058
    August 1, 2012
    875 Posts
    Posted: November 24, 2012, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

I’d vote for an ex-con deadbeat dad who is an illegal immigrant living in NY playing the lottery for the very first time and he don't talk good English LOL

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: November 24, 2012, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Someone already rich. They shouldn't be allowed to play at all. Anyone who takes home net, over $150,000 a year can't play period!

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: November 24, 2012, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

I’d vote for an ex-con deadbeat dad who is an illegal immigrant living in NY playing the lottery for the very first time and he don't talk good English LOL

If Mirlande was the mother of his son and he had won a previous jackpot this freak of nature would cover the entire spectrum! lol

Bahamas
          Member #133462
          September 30, 2012
          5946 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2012, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Someone already rich. They shouldn't be allowed to play at all. Anyone who takes home net, over $150,000 a year can't play period!

I know 5 people off the top of my head on LP who should quit now according to your restrictions!

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: November 24, 2012, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

I know 5 people off the top of my head on LP who should quit now according to your restrictions!

Well what are you waiting for? Start PMing!!!

Green laugh

Bahamas
              Member #133462
              September 30, 2012
              5946 Posts
              Posted: November 24, 2012, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Well what are you waiting for? Start PMing!!!

Green laugh

Patriot Sir. Yes sir.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19900 Posts
                Posted: November 24, 2012, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

We often ride these emotional highs when the jackpot for either multi state game skyrockets. I have been around long enough to experience the funeral-like atmosphere on LP the day following when we discovered that it wasn't us.

I know some of you would want to select two or three options, but focus on what would tick you off most. Feel free to comment on the others in your posts.

ThudNo Pity!Bang HeadThudNo Pity!Bang HeadThudNo Pity!Bang HeadThudNo Pity!Bang HeadThudNo Pity!Bang HeadThudNo Pity!Bang HeadThudNo Pity!Bang Head                                                                               

"when we discovered that it wasn't us."

I don't care about "us" not winning, for me it's all about "me" not winning.  If it's not me, then the character and morals of the winner/winners don't matter to me, that's their business.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Bahamas
                  Member #133462
                  September 30, 2012
                  5946 Posts
                  Posted: November 24, 2012, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

"when we discovered that it wasn't us."

I don't care about "us" not winning, for me it's all about "me" not winning.  If it's not me, then the character and morals of the winner/winners don't matter to me, that's their business.

Fair enough

United States
                    Member #132675
                    September 9, 2012
                    49 Posts
                    Posted: November 24, 2012, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

I voted for "Other". I think an old man or woman (in their 70s!) will be the only person to win the jackpot (in addition they will say something to the effect that they have been playing the same numbers for the last 20 years). When asked what they will do with $325 million (when asked by a reporter of course, we all know they will probably get perhaps $80 million after lump sum and taxes) the elderly person will say something like, "Oh, our lives won't change much. We will still continue living on the farm, maybe buy a new car, but we won't buy anything." Seriously? Let a 20something win the lottery so he can spend the rest of his life traveling all over the world and living in each country for months at a time.Smile

It seems like lottery winners either spend their jackpot money buying 4 mansions and a jet or in case when an elderly person wins they maybe buy a car or a horse and that's it.What?

Type

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4970 Posts
                      Posted: November 24, 2012, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I would not be mad for anyone who won, whether it is a novice or an elderly couple or a convict.  It is luck and all are as "entitled" as much as anyone else.  However, I would object to Mirlande since her 15 minutes are over.

J'aime La France.

United States
                        Member #130815
                        July 25, 2012
                        1636 Posts
                        Posted: November 24, 2012, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

I honestly can say I wouldn't care WHO won.....It is just RANDOM....the lotto balls dont know if your rich, a deadbeat dad, a convicted child molestor.....whatever....I like it like that because I know for sure it is just a really random act....and all you need regardless of your situation is just that ONE ticket....

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4970 Posts
                          Posted: November 24, 2012, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

I honestly can say I wouldn't care WHO won.....It is just RANDOM....the lotto balls dont know if your rich, a deadbeat dad, a convicted child molestor.....whatever....I like it like that because I know for sure it is just a really random act....and all you need regardless of your situation is just that ONE ticket....

I Agree!

J'aime La France.

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4970 Posts
                            Posted: November 24, 2012, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Oh Please.  If you live in the big city, that is not a lot of money.  And if someone worked for their degrees and work 60-80 hrs a week plus, they deserve it just as much as anyone else.

J'aime La France.

United States
                              Member #94616
                              July 24, 2010
                              4735 Posts
                              Posted: November 24, 2012, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

How about if Mr Bloomberg won!!!! So thats a NY'er and a super rich celeb!