Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Got Lotto Fever & The Only Prescription is More Cowbell

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 4 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LottoNick56's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
Tampa, FL
United States
Member #121764
January 16, 2012
188 Posts
Posted: November 26, 2012, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

$425 Million Dollars.  $208,725,000 after federal taxes for me living in the state of Florida.

Ever since this Powerball jackpot has climbed north of $200 million, I have grown giddy of the possibilities.  I can't help myself but to spend hours

throughout my day, and the moments in my bed before falling asleep at night just thinking about what it would be like to be the lucky winner.  I can

picture what it would be like to check my numbers to find every number matching the winning numbers....but then the image fades into the unlikely reality

that I will not win.  However, seconds later, the thoughts return as I imagine myself as the one who WILL win..because someone out there, some normal

everyday person who never thought they would be the one to win, will do exactly as I am imaging.  They will check their ticket with the expectations of

another losing line of numbers and a waste of $2.00, but instead will become awestruck as they have a near heart attack as they stare at their ticket. 

They had won, just as I am picturing for myself.  My imagination runs wild with anticipation for an unlikely event that has left me with a jittery, anxious

feeling as though I am simply waiting to see my numbers match rather than for it to be just another loss of $2.00.  I spend my days up until this record

drawing bewildered with possibilities...How can ANYONE go from a few thousand dollars in their bank account to having a net worth of just about the

same amount as former GOP Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney ($250 million - http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-politicians/republicans/mitt-

romney-net-worth/ ).  I can't stop thinking that this very imagery I am picturing in my head will play out as a reality for some lucky person.  Their life and

probably the lives of everyone close to them will NEVER be the same ever again.  It's exciting to imagine this happening to me but yet I find it a bit scary at

the same time.  Scary?  Yes, scary.  I find it scary when my mind is able to play this scenario out in my head so realistically that it feels the way I can

imagine it feeling if this were to happen to me.  I become overly excited, yet worried for the fact that my life will never be the same again.  Is this a good

thing?  Is this something I want?  After claiming the money and my identity being revealed to the world, everyone will want to know more about me.  That

is when the crazy people hit the internet, hacking, digging deep into my life, the lives of my family and friends.  Although it may be my own imagination, but

I picture stalkers, thieves, murderers, and kidnappers all becoming a problem for me.  At any given moment, my parents, my girlfriend, my best friend can

all become a victim of any of the previously mentioned crazies.  People who play the lottery think of quitting their jobs, getting a new house, paying off the

bills, getting a new car, helping out family, churches, and charities.  What most don't think about are all the negatives.  Whenever I play Powerball I, too,

do not think about all of those issues because most times the Powerball jackpot is below $150 million.  Once it breaks into record territory and is then in

the national spotlight, on all the news channels, and EVERYONE (no longer just the regulars) are playing their hand to win, that is when I become a little

nervous about winning.  There are PLENTY of millionaires in this world and plenty of jackpot winners who have won less than $100 million.  However, once

this jackpot grows to record territory and the winner will have over $200 million cash, that scares me.  But yet, I do not want to stop playing.  I want the

jackpot to roll over bigger and bigger so I can be the one who wins the largest jackpot in the history of the world..or do I want all that national attention,

all that anxiety, all that fear, and worry?  Yes...yes I do.  Why can't it just be me???  It has to be someone out there.  If not Wednesday, then Saturday or

the next Wednesday.  Within the next 10 days, someone in this country will BE that winner that I am hoping to be and their life will be changed forever. 

What do I need to do to be that person.  It just requires BEING that person.  How hard is that?? Oh yeah, HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of tickets will be

sold...that's how difficult it is... Confused But SOMEONE WILL beat the odds..it is not impossible...for someone out there, that is.  I hope you enjoyed a look into

the ill mind of a LottoNick56!  Good luck to all this Wednesday!  If it is not me who wins, let it be another LP members. 

LottoNick56

...Someone's going to win eventually...

...Never know, could be me...

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: November 26, 2012, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

I tried reading and at every blink of the eye I lost the line and it was like a hamster in a maze trying to locate it again. Oogle

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Tampa, FL
      United States
      Member #121764
      January 16, 2012
      188 Posts
      Posted: November 26, 2012, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Haha it's okay Original Bey, it's more of a pubically-published personal diary post.  I appreciate your attempt but can understand what you mean lol I just needed to type it out and allow others to have access to it if they so wished to get through it all.  Maybe others feel the same way.  Next time, just don't blink for 3-5 minutes. Crazy

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: November 26, 2012, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

Haha it's okay Original Bey, it's more of a pubically-published personal diary post.  I appreciate your attempt but can understand what you mean lol I just needed to type it out and allow others to have access to it if they so wished to get through it all.  Maybe others feel the same way.  Next time, just don't blink for 3-5 minutes. Crazy

When you win this 200+ million come Wednesday I would be happy to type all of your posts for you. At that stage, you would need to devote your hands to signing checks! (My salary check included)

"Everything works  ONCE!"

WaLottoDude's avatar - 8ball
          Snohomish, WA
          United States
          Member #135234
          November 19, 2012
          29 Posts
          Posted: November 26, 2012, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Very nice post! I know that I go through some of those feelings at times. I play to "buy" the feeling that I have a chance to win, It's a good feeling until the numbers come in!

On a side note when Orginal Bey costs too much to do your posts I'll do it for cheaper Big Smile

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #61435
            May 22, 2008
            906 Posts
            Posted: November 26, 2012, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

Hey Nick,  good post. I am ready to win and have mixed emotions about the responsibilities and the way life could change.  The good thing about FL is that yes, they will release your name and city of residence but NO picture is required.  Unless you have an extremely unusual name it would be easy enough to change your address, claim the prize and then deny it was you if anyone asks.  Of course you would have to move way out of the local area should you desire to get a mansion and/or a Bentley otherwise it would be toooo obvious.  Good luck!

Tampa, FL
              United States
              Member #121764
              January 16, 2012
              188 Posts
              Posted: November 26, 2012, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Hey Nick,  good post. I am ready to win and have mixed emotions about the responsibilities and the way life could change.  The good thing about FL is that yes, they will release your name and city of residence but NO picture is required.  Unless you have an extremely unusual name it would be easy enough to change your address, claim the prize and then deny it was you if anyone asks.  Of course you would have to move way out of the local area should you desire to get a mansion and/or a Bentley otherwise it would be toooo obvious.  Good luck!

I am a college student in Florida but I live elsewhere.  I do have a 1 year lease on an apartment here in a gated complex but as I have said, my permanent residence is elsewhere.  I play Powerball in Florida so if I were to win I might benefit from this dual-residency.  However, as you mentioned about the name, my name is quite unique.  As far as I know, I am the only one with my name in this entire country.  So that will unfortunately work against me in this situation.  And of course, I wold have to get a mansion AND Bentley lol.

Tampa, FL
                United States
                Member #121764
                January 16, 2012
                188 Posts
                Posted: November 26, 2012, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: November 26, 2012, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Patriot

United States
                    Member #124493
                    March 14, 2012
                    7023 Posts
                    Posted: November 26, 2012, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

I tried reading and at every blink of the eye I lost the line and it was like a hamster in a maze trying to locate it again. Oogle

Green laugh

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: November 26, 2012, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

When you win this 200+ million come Wednesday I would be happy to type all of your posts for you. At that stage, you would need to devote your hands to signing checks! (My salary check included)

Thinking of...¿ 

How are the ŠÚΜ  27  ΗΘŠΤΑgÊŠ?

Thinking of...

¡¿ΨΤƒ¿¡