Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

List of the Best places to get quickpicks from?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Original Bey.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
WaLottoDude's avatar - 8ball
Snohomish, WA
United States
Member #135234
November 19, 2012
29 Posts
Posted: November 27, 2012, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

I believe I read a couple articles in the news section about some previous lottery winners and where they got their quick picks from. I believe an adult entertainment place and a liquor store are where some winners found a ticket at.

Does anybody know the "best" place to get quick picks from? I normally hit grocery stores or gas stations when the feeling hits me. Anybody else?

Florida
    United States
    Member #135615
    November 27, 2012
    405 Posts
    Posted: November 27, 2012, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Playing quick picks is really bad odds. I've been writing a website that runs statistic lotto data (nothing fancy, just something I'm doing as a hobby... can't post it because of the forum's rules). There are certain rules you can follow to increase your odds (based on the historical dat) but playing quick picks... What you're doing is trying to get a random set of numbers (quick pick) to match another random set of numbers (numbers that were drawn). Don't get me wrong, statisically speaking, a computer that spits out enough random numbers will eventually make a winning draw. After all, there are only so many combinations. It's just not great odds.

Snohomish, WA
      United States
      Member #135234
      November 19, 2012
      29 Posts
      Posted: November 27, 2012, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Understandable. But you're saying that quickpicks have bad odds... On a game that we have 1 in 178 million chance of guessing... quick picking... numbers on.

Don't get me wrong I go off of a system and am learning that but sometimes a $5 quick pick feels just as good Cheers

Florida
        United States
        Member #135615
        November 27, 2012
        405 Posts
        Posted: November 27, 2012, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you. Didn't have time to crunch the numbers on the last powerball draw... Got $20 worth of quick picks. Won $12. I just thought you were only going for quick picks. My bad... still new here.

Bran77's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
          808/253
          United States
          Member #129752
          June 27, 2012
          2516 Posts
          Posted: November 27, 2012, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Tell u the truth walottodude. Most Jp are won off of quick picks. Look at the odds. What are your chances of guessing all 5 white balls and the all important red powerball? Ppl have done it, but for me I'll go with the computer guessing my numbers. Safeway and gas stations are the most popular here in Wa.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: November 27, 2012, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

About 70% of JP winners are from QPs. Not because they spit out better numbers, but because the majority play QPs. There is no such thing as bad numbers especially when there are so many combos as PB.

Snohomish, WA
              United States
              Member #135234
              November 19, 2012
              29 Posts
              Posted: November 27, 2012, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Tell u the truth walottodude. Most Jp are won off of quick picks. Look at the odds. What are your chances of guessing all 5 white balls and the all important red powerball? Ppl have done it, but for me I'll go with the computer guessing my numbers. Safeway and gas stations are the most popular here in Wa.

You're in WA too?! White Bounce

That's what I figured was the gas station and Safeway here. I noticed that a lot of the jackpots were quick picks! Thus the thread to see if anybody had a list or knew of the "best" place. I figured I'd hit a liquor store after work today, just on the off chance "sin" is the way to go. Red Devil

I've been hitting the Fred Meyer by me. I like the fact I can quick pick $20 all on 1 ticket instead of breaking it into $10 twice. I seem to get better odds at it that way and at least making a few bucks a ticket

Bran77's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                808/253
                United States
                Member #129752
                June 27, 2012
                2516 Posts
                Posted: November 27, 2012, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

You're in WA too?! White Bounce

That's what I figured was the gas station and Safeway here. I noticed that a lot of the jackpots were quick picks! Thus the thread to see if anybody had a list or knew of the "best" place. I figured I'd hit a liquor store after work today, just on the off chance "sin" is the way to go. Red Devil

I've been hitting the Fred Meyer by me. I like the fact I can quick pick $20 all on 1 ticket instead of breaking it into $10 twice. I seem to get better odds at it that way and at least making a few bucks a ticket

Yup here in Wa. The guy that won the 2 million won it from Fred Meyer. The couple that won the 390 mill Jp used their numbers at safeway and won. U just never know unless you buy a ticket.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                  Member #133462
                  September 30, 2012
                  5946 Posts
                  Posted: November 27, 2012, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

About 70% of JP winners are from QPs. Not because they spit out better numbers, but because the majority play QPs. There is no such thing as bad numbers especially when there are so many combos as PB.

I Agree!

It's a numbers thing.

It's exactly what explains why highly populated states who contribute a great percentage of the dollars that amke aup a jackpot win more often.

You cannot think of it in terms of what happens most of the time, but what will work best for you as an individual seeking the best results.

"Everything works  ONCE!"