Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Group vs. individual??

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: November 28, 2012, 8:23 am - IP Logged

With this PB jackpot sitting at a HALF A BILLION DOLLARS....Does it make you cringe or whatever when just 1 person wins a jackpot of that size....or are you like me you love it when a group of people wins and can split it....LOL the first time I remember feeling this way was when Jack Whittaker won 314 million all by himself.....regardless of how he handled it....BTW the man was already worth 17 million anyways when he won....Now if it was just me who won....I of course be elated....but I've always said anything over 100 million I'd split with my brother and sisters...basically so if any other family members asked me for something I could say "you know my brother and sisters got a cut too go ask them" LOL

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40613 Posts
    Posted: November 28, 2012, 8:28 am - IP Logged

Maybe all the unemployed Hostess workers will win.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: November 28, 2012, 8:41 am - IP Logged

That would be sweet.....LOL

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: November 28, 2012, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I think the streetsweeper millionaires were the coolest group that's won so far...

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6290 Posts
          Posted: November 28, 2012, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

There has been a couple of groups so far this year I believe in Iowa(Quaker Oats 20) & Pennsylvania(SEPTA)

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
            Member #134627
            November 2, 2012
            1001 Posts
            Posted: November 28, 2012, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

It is good time to play as a group,when jack pot is in:  better chance and feels more fair when such enormous sum benefits many.

Norcross, GA
              United States
              Member #135754
              November 28, 2012
              6 Posts
              Posted: November 28, 2012, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

That would be great!! If it's me, maybe I'd buy Hostess and save the Twinkie as well as the employees.

Norcross, GA
                United States
                Member #135754
                November 28, 2012
                6 Posts
                Posted: November 28, 2012, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

With this PB jackpot sitting at a HALF A BILLION DOLLARS....Does it make you cringe or whatever when just 1 person wins a jackpot of that size....or are you like me you love it when a group of people wins and can split it....LOL the first time I remember feeling this way was when Jack Whittaker won 314 million all by himself.....regardless of how he handled it....BTW the man was already worth 17 million anyways when he won....Now if it was just me who won....I of course be elated....but I've always said anything over 100 million I'd split with my brother and sisters...basically so if any other family members asked me for something I could say "you know my brother and sisters got a cut too go ask them" LOL

I've always thought that the lottery should pay out more winnings in less increments.  If 324 people won 1 million dollars, or even 1,000 people won $324,000 it would make more sense, possibly encouraging more players, which ultimately would benefit the economy in regards to educational funds from the government.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5124 Posts
                  Posted: November 28, 2012, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

B2B:

Back in HS Psyko met a BILLIONAIRE>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKO stepped^up and spouted off>>>>>how>>Psyko would divide his wealth after he was RICH and$$

90 (ninety) and DO >>>>>G@@D>>>>>>2 ALL all (white) & ALL (BLACK) people in D>USA>of America!!!!!

and give ALL his money 2 the poor BLACK & White people of AMERICA>>>>>>>>>> ^USA>of America!!!!!

the old black dude who was from BOSTON, MA> and had established many black colledges in HIS LIFE!!!!!

the rich black MAN ................said, Psyko>>>>>, you are a COMMUSTIST (who can spell) COMMIE????????

that really hurt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!

but, today > I'm a loyal Democrat >>>>>>!!!!!!!

United Kingdom
                    Member #122950
                    February 10, 2012
                    85 Posts
                    Posted: November 29, 2012, 1:18 am - IP Logged

Whether half a billion or just the regular jackpot, groups seems to do better than individual winners. I also have not heard of anyone regretting that they have won in groups but individual winners are subject to tales of misery.

We have not yet won the big one in our syndicate but playing thousands of tickets as a group does not hurt the pocket much.

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                      Member #32537
                      February 12, 2006
                      698 Posts
                      Posted: November 29, 2012, 3:26 am - IP Logged

even with just 2 winners, its like wining a super high 260+ jackpot range

both will win north of 100M cash after all taxes , that's a lot of cash

the real winners  is the states both winners are in charge taxes on winnings 

Missouri: 4% State Tax
                      Arizona: 5% State Tax for In-State Residents 

however Arizona charges 6% if poor beeps are form out of state

if someone won say in ca,or vagas as they have to use arizona to play, am going to rofl, as they go wtf,  this is not fair. !

watch a For a corporation, limited liability company, or  trust to claim it, they will get the 5% rate, and mock the 6% rate

a

the %6 rate for outsiders was thinked up by greedy morons in there state, law has loopholes the size of texas to drive thro to get 5% in state rate, am going to rofl if this happens ., any decent tax lawyer will go,  LOL at arizona and claim it via trust,LLC, etc and  give the state the middle u know what,

No bees, no honey.

United States
                        Member #130815
                        July 25, 2012
                        1636 Posts
                        Posted: November 29, 2012, 7:52 am - IP Logged

B2B:

Back in HS Psyko met a BILLIONAIRE>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKO stepped^up and spouted off>>>>>how>>Psyko would divide his wealth after he was RICH and$$

90 (ninety) and DO >>>>>G@@D>>>>>>2 ALL all (white) & ALL (BLACK) people in D>USA>of America!!!!!

and give ALL his money 2 the poor BLACK & White people of AMERICA>>>>>>>>>> ^USA>of America!!!!!

the old black dude who was from BOSTON, MA> and had established many black colledges in HIS LIFE!!!!!

the rich black MAN ................said, Psyko>>>>>, you are a COMMUSTIST (who can spell) COMMIE????????

that really hurt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!

but, today > I'm a loyal Democrat >>>>>>!!!!!!!

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT SON?????