Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Advice On Strategy for Lottery Club

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 4 years ago by uklotteryplayer.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #132675
September 9, 2012
49 Posts
Posted: December 1, 2012, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

I am forming a lottery club with 6 other people for the purpose of playing Mega Millions. We will all put "X" amount of dollars each month into the lottery fund and once the jackpot reaches a certain level we will begin buying 130 tickets per draw. My question has to do with what kind of strategy we should use. I know that the easiest way would be to buy easy picks. However, I was thinking that since there are 46 mega balls we could buy (out of the 130 tickets) 92 tickets where each mega ball would be self picked twice. Do you think we should do 75% easy picks and 25% own numbers? Or should we wheel our numbers? If so, what would be the easiest way?Coffee

Columbia, SC
    United States
    Member #135285
    November 21, 2012
    584 Posts
    Posted: December 1, 2012, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

I'd certainly let those involved decide!! Not so sure friends would be very happy if person choosing the numbers didn't do a good job!! Good Luck to you!!!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: December 1, 2012, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

I am forming a lottery club with 6 other people for the purpose of playing Mega Millions. We will all put "X" amount of dollars each month into the lottery fund and once the jackpot reaches a certain level we will begin buying 130 tickets per draw. My question has to do with what kind of strategy we should use. I know that the easiest way would be to buy easy picks. However, I was thinking that since there are 46 mega balls we could buy (out of the 130 tickets) 92 tickets where each mega ball would be self picked twice. Do you think we should do 75% easy picks and 25% own numbers? Or should we wheel our numbers? If so, what would be the easiest way?Coffee

Who's gonna hold the money?

I think I should.  Thumbs Up

bobby623's avatar - abstract
        San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1405 Posts
        Posted: December 1, 2012, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

What state are you??

How would self picks be generated?? System,  personal workout, how?

What you want to do has been tried here before, without any success that anyone wants to talk about.

Seems to be that you would have to devise a plan whereby every has a stake.

Just saying.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19897 Posts
          Posted: December 1, 2012, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like you've already ignored the best advice of "never partner up with anyone to buy lottery tickets".

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #132675
            September 9, 2012
            49 Posts
            Posted: December 2, 2012, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Come on guys, any real advice? If you look on the Mega Millions Jackpot winners page you can see that on average lottery clubs win like one or two times a year.

United Kingdom
              Member #122950
              February 10, 2012
              85 Posts
              Posted: December 2, 2012, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Just let your members choose their own numbers since you only have few tickets and members anyway. This will help you avoid members blaming you for losing (which most lottery players do anyway).

Wheeling does not really work in big lotteries. There is no system to help you win other than buying as many tickets as you can whilst avoiding bankruptcy if you buy too many.

Lottery clubs win jackpots as well as individuals. No secret. Many just buy tickets and hope for the best.

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.