Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Don't Even Buy PA Tickets Anymore.

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 4 years ago by lee57.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Pittsburgh,PA
United States
Member #129828
June 28, 2012
19 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

I tell everybody that I know to tell their Scratchin Friends and Family also...Don't get Conned.

A Person can alway send their Kinfolks or Friends that live in Another State Money to send them Scratchers from that State.

My Cousin has sent Me some Nice Winners from Florida and I'm in the Green like Crazy. LOL

SE PA
    United States
    Member #93582
    July 3, 2010
    1866 Posts
    Posted: December 7, 2012, 12:09 am - IP Logged

I tell everybody that I know to tell their Scratchin Friends and Family also...Don't get Conned.

A Person can alway send their Kinfolks or Friends that live in Another State Money to send them Scratchers from that State.

My Cousin has sent Me some Nice Winners from Florida and I'm in the Green like Crazy. LOL

Can't agree enough. I stopped. Besides being bad games, I have noticed number fixing going on. #012 on $5 tickets here have lost way too many times just to be a coindicence. Really can't trust this lottery.

allowselftowin1's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #104582
      January 17, 2011
      199 Posts
      Posted: December 28, 2012, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Yes, I don't buy them very much anymore either..I used to chase a win..but that got old when you were spending $50 to win $5.

My mother in law spent over $100 on tickets to tuck in people's Christmas cards, she just told me yesterday that not one person she sent them to won anything.  I know she bought 8 of the $5 Christmas ones in a row and no one won anything some $10 and $2 ones she bought also and nothing.. I didn't buy any to put in people's cards this year..the first year I didn't..they just lost their fun anymore.

PA Lottery is only hurting themselves..there are a LOT of people who stopped playing.  The store that I used to buy my tickets from, stopped selling lottery anymore.

Did the lottery really think that people wouldn't catch on to how much they changed them.  You have to buy at least 7 to 10 tickets in a row now to even win anything..it never used to be that way, and the pay outs are pathetic. 

Just wondering if anyone else on here in PA are having any better luck in the past year or so with scratchers..???

Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #109275
        April 9, 2011
        1495 Posts
        Posted: December 28, 2012, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I don't buy them very much anymore either..I used to chase a win..but that got old when you were spending $50 to win $5.

My mother in law spent over $100 on tickets to tuck in people's Christmas cards, she just told me yesterday that not one person she sent them to won anything.  I know she bought 8 of the $5 Christmas ones in a row and no one won anything some $10 and $2 ones she bought also and nothing.. I didn't buy any to put in people's cards this year..the first year I didn't..they just lost their fun anymore.

PA Lottery is only hurting themselves..there are a LOT of people who stopped playing.  The store that I used to buy my tickets from, stopped selling lottery anymore.

Did the lottery really think that people wouldn't catch on to how much they changed them.  You have to buy at least 7 to 10 tickets in a row now to even win anything..it never used to be that way, and the pay outs are pathetic. 

Just wondering if anyone else on here in PA are having any better luck in the past year or so with scratchers..???

No luck here. I did the same this year with scratch offs. Instead of tickets I got people Millionaire Raffle tickets. At least they have better odds and could be the Christmas gift that gives back 2 weeks later. Told my store owner to not get offended, but he will be seeing alot less of me next year. I will play some of the news ones next week to try them, but after that I am cutting WWAAAYYY back. I am thinking the privatization will only make them worse.

SE PA
          United States
          Member #93582
          July 3, 2010
          1866 Posts
          Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Wish I could say my luck was good, but it is worse than ever. My best most recently was $50 on the Trim the Tree and $40 on the $ game, but with a ton of losers. Well, with PA tickets how they are, will be needing a new hobby.

Quinto's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg
            Washington County
            United States
            Member #131376
            August 9, 2012
            417 Posts
            Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Saw in person two days ago a $100,000 winner on a $5 Big Money, in Belle Vernon PA. Was amazing. Just a straight up $100,000 win by matching a number. Wasn't mine and I'd never buy that one anyways. I did buy a roll of $2 Pac Man a few years ago and I won $1000 two in a row. Spent $300 won $2000.

Anything really is possible.

SE PA
              United States
              Member #93582
              July 3, 2010
              1866 Posts
              Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Saw in person two days ago a $100,000 winner on a $5 Big Money, in Belle Vernon PA. Was amazing. Just a straight up $100,000 win by matching a number. Wasn't mine and I'd never buy that one anyways. I did buy a roll of $2 Pac Man a few years ago and I won $1000 two in a row. Spent $300 won $2000.

Anything really is possible.

But think of the odds of that happening. I am better off quitting the way they have been than to waste so much money to get such a low odds win.

Holmes
                United States
                Member #136338
                December 8, 2012
                142 Posts
                Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Can't post picture, but I literally just won $100 on the $5 frosty cash, hate the seasonal tickets, but the machine only had them, bought one n got the win all prizes SCRAF symbol!

SE PA
                  United States
                  Member #93582
                  July 3, 2010
                  1866 Posts
                  Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Can't post picture, but I literally just won $100 on the $5 frosty cash, hate the seasonal tickets, but the machine only had them, bought one n got the win all prizes SCRAF symbol!

Congrats, it is not easy to get $100 anymore. Even small wins are rarer. Good to see a couple wins listed here even though it won't change how much I play.

Holmes
                    United States
                    Member #136338
                    December 8, 2012
                    142 Posts
                    Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

I don't blame ya, brother! trying to cut back myself! good luck to ya.

SE PA
                      United States
                      Member #93582
                      July 3, 2010
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

I don't blame ya, brother! trying to cut back myself! good luck to ya.

Thanks. Going to try once more on the new tickets. Are they out Tuesday?

Holmes
                        United States
                        Member #136338
                        December 8, 2012
                        142 Posts
                        Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure, if you find out, keep me updated, lololololol

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          22939 Posts
                          Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Thanks. Going to try once more on the new tickets. Are they out Tuesday?

Hi Matt, good to see you.  Try them in the first few days they are out. The 2 week thing, I've found, does not apply anymore

in PA..No Nod

Good luck!

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

SE PA
                            United States
                            Member #93582
                            July 3, 2010
                            1866 Posts
                            Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

Hi Matt, good to see you.  Try them in the first few days they are out. The 2 week thing, I've found, does not apply anymore

in PA..No Nod

Good luck!

Hi, dr! Thanks, and will let you know if I have better luck.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #74096
                              May 2, 2009
                              22939 Posts
                              Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

WTG mduffy!! I got a scarf the other day too. It was a hundred dollar ticket too...lots of $5 and $10 matches. I was so

happy to find that symbol - that one was hard to find. Lots of hats lol.

Good job and good luck!

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557