Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

WOW...Can you believe this??

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 4 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: December 10, 2012, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

I was just reading online about the AZ lottery winner....they released his name today and this guy has took off...That's not what suprised me though...they have looked up the value and the size of his home....They might as well google mapped it and posted that too....LOL...The article said no one was home when the reported arrived at the "tile-roof" house...I mean wow if they did catch up to the poor guy they'd probaly report on what color his underwear was....LOL

WaLottoDude's avatar - 8ball
    Snohomish, WA
    United States
    Member #135234
    November 19, 2012
    29 Posts
    Posted: December 10, 2012, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Wow. I wonder what they mean by claiming anonymous if they can tell the world your name and the location you bought the winning ticket.

The value of the home and the size is interesting as well. I'm sure once knowing the name that some of the information is already public record?

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
      Nutley, New Jersey
      United States
      Member #131058
      August 1, 2012
      875 Posts
      Posted: December 10, 2012, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

there are very few states in the US that will let winners claim anonymous. AZ has public disclosure laws.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
        Member #121745
        January 16, 2012
        4788 Posts
        Posted: December 10, 2012, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

I think someone filed a FOIA request and got the info.  If so, that was a very fast turnaround.

J'aime La France.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: December 10, 2012, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

I was just reading online about the AZ lottery winner....they released his name today and this guy has took off...That's not what suprised me though...they have looked up the value and the size of his home....They might as well google mapped it and posted that too....LOL...The article said no one was home when the reported arrived at the "tile-roof" house...I mean wow if they did catch up to the poor guy they'd probaly report on what color his underwear was....LOL

Arizona lottery said they would release his name as required by law but was waiting a couple of days before doing it.  Looks like he took advantage of the time.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
            Nutley, New Jersey
            United States
            Member #131058
            August 1, 2012
            875 Posts
            Posted: December 10, 2012, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

it could have been worse. States like New York and Illinois require jackpot winners to attend a press conference. People know the AZ winner's name but they don't know what he looks like. He'll still be able to do normal things like go to the mall without getting mobbed.

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: December 10, 2012, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Arizona lottery said they would release his name as required by law but was waiting a couple of days before doing it.  Looks like he took advantage of the time.

Yeah he did and Im sure that's why he claimed on a Fri...give him a couple of days to get ahead of the posse...LOL......I get the anon rules....but dog commenting on how much his house is worth? The fact the house has a tile roof....LOL sounds like a A.P.B. for anyone looking for his house...which he has long left....LOL

Columbia, SC
                United States
                Member #135285
                November 21, 2012
                584 Posts
                Posted: December 10, 2012, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Oh My! I can't blame the guy for hiding out (if that's what he's doing)....

If people want to remain anonymous, they should be given that right! I"m sure they fear for their safety!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: December 10, 2012, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Oh My! I can't blame the guy for hiding out (if that's what he's doing)....

If people want to remain anonymous, they should be given that right! I"m sure they fear for their safety!

With his winnings, once he picked up any personal things and his pets, he really has no reason to ever return to that location.  He probably made plans before he came forward to claim his money.

Evil Looking       

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #123290
                    February 17, 2012
                    3050 Posts
                    Posted: December 11, 2012, 4:09 am - IP Logged

it could have been worse. States like New York and Illinois require jackpot winners to attend a press conference. People know the AZ winner's name but they don't know what he looks like. He'll still be able to do normal things like go to the mall without getting mobbed.

I know what he looks like, probably taken from his FaceBook page or something.

Just saw his picture on the late nightly news.

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                      North Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #64582
                      September 1, 2008
                      347 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2012, 9:26 am - IP Logged

His picture is in the article. Poor guy.

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #135615
                        November 27, 2012
                        405 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2012, 11:00 am - IP Logged

In his situation, I'd probably just go ahead and do the interviews, let people get it out of their system. Once the buzz died down, sell the house, and go someplace else. One can never know about the general public. I'd hate for everyone to know, 'millionaire lives here'.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19825 Posts
                          Posted: December 11, 2012, 11:19 am - IP Logged

In his situation, I'd probably just go ahead and do the interviews, let people get it out of their system. Once the buzz died down, sell the house, and go someplace else. One can never know about the general public. I'd hate for everyone to know, 'millionaire lives here'.

Most towns have a millionaire or two and nobody bother them that's not a relative or friend.  But when a millionaire gets money by winning a lottery, some really mentally sick people think they should share the free money even if they're not a relative or friend.

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: December 11, 2012, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Most towns have a millionaire or two and nobody bother them that's not a relative or friend.  But when a millionaire gets money by winning a lottery, some really mentally sick people think they should share the free money even if they're not a relative or friend.

That's the main thing that ticks me off too ....These people won't even think about bothering the people on the Forbes 500 list...but oh a lottery winner who they don't know from Adam's housecat.... lets just call them and ask for a million dollars so i don't have to work anymore....Pitiful people...

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                              Member #133462
                              September 30, 2012
                              5946 Posts
                              Posted: December 11, 2012, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

That's the main thing that ticks me off too ....These people won't even think about bothering the people on the Forbes 500 list...but oh a lottery winner who they don't know from Adam's housecat.... lets just call them and ask for a million dollars so i don't have to work anymore....Pitiful people...

It's the he/she is "one of us" mentality.

We were both working stiffs and you got lucky so help a fellow out.

I don't agree with it, but I understand the disticntion in how the two groups of rich are treated (old money versus new money via random luck)

"Everything works  ONCE!"