Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I'm back . . .

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RedStang.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #59337
March 13, 2008
38 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2012, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

I have had a bad year.  I slipped and fell badly, herniated a disc, have cervical spine pinched nerves and couldn't work, and then my mommy died.  I know everyone's mom dies eventually, but it hit me really hard because I'm an only child, single parent family, us against the world for 36 years.

But I feel a sea change in my life.  My luck is turning to good now.  I got a call from a beloved ex-boss and I now have part time work that gets around my limitations.  I miss my mom, but I was able to move in a friend and family member to my house and improve their quality of life (and my loneliness).

I haven't bought tickets in a while, and I'm thinking about making the drive now that I have a bit of extra money to spend on PB and the gas money to Georgia.  So I guess this is a "wish me luck, I'm back in the game" thread.

And I also wanted to give a shout-out to RidgeRunner, my buddy.  Miss you, friend, hope you are still posting here.

Florida
    United States
    Member #135615
    November 27, 2012
    405 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2012, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

I'm a new guy here so we don't know each other. But, welcome back and glad to hear things are turning around for you.

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2012, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

I have had a bad year.  I slipped and fell badly, herniated a disc, have cervical spine pinched nerves and couldn't work, and then my mommy died.  I know everyone's mom dies eventually, but it hit me really hard because I'm an only child, single parent family, us against the world for 36 years.

But I feel a sea change in my life.  My luck is turning to good now.  I got a call from a beloved ex-boss and I now have part time work that gets around my limitations.  I miss my mom, but I was able to move in a friend and family member to my house and improve their quality of life (and my loneliness).

I haven't bought tickets in a while, and I'm thinking about making the drive now that I have a bit of extra money to spend on PB and the gas money to Georgia.  So I guess this is a "wish me luck, I'm back in the game" thread.

And I also wanted to give a shout-out to RidgeRunner, my buddy.  Miss you, friend, hope you are still posting here.

Sorry to hear about your mother...I still miss mine who passed in 94...especially times like this weekend when her first grandchild was married

United States
        Member #59337
        March 13, 2008
        38 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2012, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Thank you, "manual" and "billionaire2bee" for your kind replies.  I hope Todd doesn't mind the personal bits in the thread, but I don't buy tickets when I feel my life luck is down, and I feel things changing, am excited to go buy some PB (hopefully today) and wanted to say hello to everyone here.

And also to state that I've just about given up on which method to buy tickets.  I have tried random number generators, "personal" number combos, QPs and even lottery prediction software.  I feel lucky now, so I'll probably just buy QPs and maybe a few random off-the-top-of-my-head combos too.

Good luck to anyone else playing this week, and thank you for the warm welcome back.  :-)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: December 12, 2012, 5:17 am - IP Logged

Hey Feadogger, welcome back, woman!

Sorry to hear about Momma, that's the rough one.

And the back, that's not a lotta fun neither.

Hope ya commence to feelin' better directly.

And I hope you knock 'em dead in the Paarball.

Just get some QP's, it don't make no never mind no how.

Good luck!

Columbia, SC
            United States
            Member #135285
            November 21, 2012
            584 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2012, 7:54 am - IP Logged

Welcome back Feadogger. I'm new here and look forward to reading your posts!

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: December 12, 2012, 8:15 am - IP Logged

Welcome back Feadogger, glad your feeling better, sorry to hear about your mother.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                Kentucky
                United States
                Member #35086
                March 12, 2006
                10374 Posts
                Posted: December 12, 2012, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

The  Best  Too   You  Always     Feadogger   

Astekblue

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: December 12, 2012, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

Welcome back Smile

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40511 Posts
                    Posted: December 12, 2012, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Welcome back, sorry to hear about your mother.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10351 Posts
                      Posted: December 13, 2012, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Sorry to hear about your mother, Feadogger.

And your injuries.

Welcome back.

Keep the Faith.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3157 Posts
                        Posted: December 13, 2012, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Back pain is the worse. Pulled my twice. Hopefully you win some $$ so you can get one of those fancy muscle simulators.