Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery strategies

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 4 years ago by gamaea.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130656
July 21, 2012
14 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2012, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

When choosing numbers for the major lotteries, I plug in the numbers from  let's say the last 10 or 15 drawings into an online number selector.  I then ask not to include the last 10 or so drawings in choosing a 6 set or 5 set numbers.  Anyone have ideas on this strategy.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2012, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

That's a large amount of elimination numbers.

How many numbers are you usually left with to wheel into combinations?

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
      Member #130656
      July 21, 2012
      14 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2012, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

That's a large amount of elimination numbers.

How many numbers are you usually left with to wheel into combinations?

Usually about half of the total is left.  Naturallly, I cannot play all the combinations.  I choose the ones I like and delete the others.  I like to use this method (although It is always a gamble) with powerball ---- because between draws usually there are no numbers that repeat.  If you know notice in the Mega and Powerball at least one number plays in both draws for that week.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2012, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Usually about half of the total is left.  Naturallly, I cannot play all the combinations.  I choose the ones I like and delete the others.  I like to use this method (although It is always a gamble) with powerball ---- because between draws usually there are no numbers that repeat.  If you know notice in the Mega and Powerball at least one number plays in both draws for that week.

Yeah. It would be cost prohibitive.

Have you been tracking your success at  identifying the five white balls?

The problem with attempting to eliminate so many numbers is that one or two or three of the numbers you eliminate usually comes up. I conducted an experiment on this here at LP a while back.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
          Member #130656
          July 21, 2012
          14 Posts
          Posted: December 12, 2012, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Yeah. It would be cost prohibitive.

Have you been tracking your success at  identifying the five white balls?

The problem with attempting to eliminate so many numbers is that one or two or three of the numbers you eliminate usually comes up. I conducted an experiment on this here at LP a while back.

I ty to track them from week to week> I usually can get 1 or 2 numbers.  But of course if you get two numbers without the PB, there is no prize money.  I emailed NY Lottery  letting them know if a player gets at least 2 numbers a prize should be paid.  Heck if you get 3 numbers plus the PB the prize money should be higher --  you only need 2 more  for the win.  I just feel the lower tiers prize money should be much higher.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
            Dallas, Texas
            United States
            Member #4549
            May 2, 2004
            1665 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2012, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

When choosing numbers for the major lotteries, I plug in the numbers from  let's say the last 10 or 15 drawings into an online number selector.  I then ask not to include the last 10 or so drawings in choosing a 6 set or 5 set numbers.  Anyone have ideas on this strategy.

There are a few threads on that type approach. From what I remember some players take the last 15 draws, count up the numbers that hit most, and wheel those.

To keep the set low, they use a threshold of three to four hits.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
              The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
              Elgin, IL
              United States
              Member #68867
              January 1, 2009
              1221 Posts
              Posted: December 23, 2012, 7:47 am - IP Logged

I sent you a private message back on 12/21/12 which you haven't read as of yet.  You ought to check your Private messages in the Private Inbox  in the blue task bar shown above.  You might learn something.

United States
                Member #130656
                July 21, 2012
                14 Posts
                Posted: December 23, 2012, 10:53 am - IP Logged

I sent you a private message back on 12/21/12 which you haven't read as of yet.  You ought to check your Private messages in the Private Inbox  in the blue task bar shown above.  You might learn something.

I found the message.  Thanks.  I will use info the Lottery