Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won a jackpot...

Topic closed. 76 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: December 12, 2012, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

If you did win a large jackpot and you wanted to tell everyone here........How would we know it was you??? I guess I'd throw my screen name out there....but we need a way to recognize each other if we are so inclined to come forward publicly........Me I can't wait to tell you all it was me who won......

United States
    Member #135804
    November 29, 2012
    318 Posts
    Posted: December 12, 2012, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

LP gang sign

St. Pete Beach, Fl
      United States
      Member #131699
      August 16, 2012
      42 Posts
      Posted: December 12, 2012, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't mind sharing on a forum like this where all anyone would know is my screen name and rough location, but I would be kind of reluctant to publicly announce a large win.  I wouldnt want the headache associated with that kind of infamy.  Anyone who claims they won on here though would have to post a pic of the winning ticket to be taken seriously IMO...

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19771 Posts
        Posted: December 12, 2012, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

you could just have Todd to verify it in the News forum.. Dance

if you wanted to remain anonymous.

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: December 12, 2012, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't mind sharing on a forum like this where all anyone would know is my screen name and rough location, but I would be kind of reluctant to publicly announce a large win.  I wouldnt want the headache associated with that kind of infamy.  Anyone who claims they won on here though would have to post a pic of the winning ticket to be taken seriously IMO...

Yeah I thought about that.... someone posting a photo of the tickets....but how would we know it wasn't just taken from the net somewhere else...like some of the other pics we put on here

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19771 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2012, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

yes Lottery office and the place it was sold, date time, city, state, everything is made public,

maybe the newspapers, and tv...LOL even the color of your underware

Let it Snow Snowman

St. Pete Beach, Fl
              United States
              Member #131699
              August 16, 2012
              42 Posts
              Posted: December 12, 2012, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I thought about that.... someone posting a photo of the tickets....but how would we know it wasn't just taken from the net somewhere else...like some of the other pics we put on here

I wouldn't believe anyone that claimed they won a prize on here AFTER it had already been claimed publicly at the lottery office anyway for just that reason!  The way I see it, I certainly wouldn't be claiming a large jackpot very quickly.  I would be meeting with attorneys and financial planners and figuring how to go about claiming the prize in the best way possible.  That being said, there would be a window of opportunity for me to post the pic on here before the prize is actually officially claimed.   Not sure how that could be faked.  And you could also state who will and what date the prize is going to get claimed and that will get posted on the official lottery website too.  That would also be pretty hard to fake.

I do like the LP gang sign idea though for the official press conference!   LOL!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3854 Posts
                Posted: December 12, 2012, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, or even photoshopped.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3854 Posts
                  Posted: December 12, 2012, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

w/ a large win I may not have time to come on here.

at least til things settle down.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                    Member #133462
                    September 30, 2012
                    5946 Posts
                    Posted: December 12, 2012, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

I think about this every day. Crazy

Actually only when I'm off my meds.

I can think of a few things I would mention in my interview that would make it vividly clear that it's me.

A few quips here and there and the regulars would know.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                      Member #133462
                      September 30, 2012
                      5946 Posts
                      Posted: December 12, 2012, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Pay LP an extra hundred bucks to have your screen name printed on one of their T-shirts.

Hundred bucks? Yeah man. You can afford it now. Besides its a custom order and it needs to be rushed.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
                        Member #132675
                        September 9, 2012
                        49 Posts
                        Posted: December 12, 2012, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

If you did win a large jackpot and you wanted to tell everyone here........How would we know it was you??? I guess I'd throw my screen name out there....but we need a way to recognize each other if we are so inclined to come forward publicly........Me I can't wait to tell you all it was me who won......

If I won the lottery.............I would post a photo of the winning one-line ticket along with my screen name in Ronnie's thread........than I would just stop posting......................

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                          Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          1684 Posts
                          Posted: December 12, 2012, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Wear an LP cap and T-shirt when you claim your prize. Mention LP in the interview.

Or buy GOLD memberships for everybody here. Big Smile

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19825 Posts
                            Posted: December 12, 2012, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I would never tell any one who I wasn't sure would never ask for a hand out which not only include LP members but some family members too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                              adelaide sa
                              Australia
                              Member #37136
                              April 11, 2006
                              3300 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2012, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

id tell todd 1st, and to close my mailbox, as he wont want all the extra  server load.  then just tell you all, no pm's would be read or answered.  if you lot got rude or what ever, i would leave.  but as far as i know im anonymous on here. but hey. you lot would deserve to know. at least it would be possible for1 of us to win.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297