Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio Raffle

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rustysmom's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
ohio
United States
Member #706
September 14, 2002
713 Posts
Posted: December 14, 2012, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

I bought a New Year raffle ticket today, about 2:45pm - #134117, they still have alot of tickets to sell.

ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
    OHIO
    United States
    Member #5328
    June 30, 2004
    1284 Posts
    Posted: December 14, 2012, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

thanks..wondering how it was doing

have a great winning day!

United States
      Member #115803
      August 28, 2011
      127 Posts
      Posted: December 15, 2012, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

I bought a few tickets last year and spaced them out over the course of a few weeks.

From what I could tell based on the ticket numbers I had, it seemed like early ticket sales were a little slow.  Then they really started to move between Christmas and the drawing.

Maybe people have a harder time parting with $20 in the weeks before Christmas?  Or they are just procrastinators who wait until the last minute to buy?  LOL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: December 15, 2012, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

I bought a few tickets last year and spaced them out over the course of a few weeks.

From what I could tell based on the ticket numbers I had, it seemed like early ticket sales were a little slow.  Then they really started to move between Christmas and the drawing.

Maybe people have a harder time parting with $20 in the weeks before Christmas?  Or they are just procrastinators who wait until the last minute to buy?  LOL

I spent $20 almost every time I play the lotteries, I'm just not a fan of raffles.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: December 15, 2012, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

I spent $20 almost every time I play the lotteries, I'm just not a fan of raffles.

If you don't feel lucky when you only play one line then I am like you. I know that I only need one line but when I buy one line I am left with this nagging feeling that I need to do more\buy more lines. It is for this reason that I am not a fan of raffles even though I did buy 2 tickets of the ultimate raffle. The El Gordo.

ohio
            United States
            Member #706
            September 14, 2002
            713 Posts
            Posted: December 15, 2012, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

this is a question about the new year raffle. the website said  ohio lottery selling tickets through jan. 1st.and the results will be posted on website on jan. 2nd by 8:30pm.   my ticket has  jan 1st date.  is the drawing  the 1st or 2nd.if it's the 1st, we have to wait to 8:30 pm the 2nd for results?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: December 15, 2012, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

If you don't feel lucky when you only play one line then I am like you. I know that I only need one line but when I buy one line I am left with this nagging feeling that I need to do more\buy more lines. It is for this reason that I am not a fan of raffles even though I did buy 2 tickets of the ultimate raffle. The El Gordo.

Yep, I would rather spend $20 on 10 PB or MM tickets and have 10 chances at winning $1M.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #115803
                August 28, 2011
                127 Posts
                Posted: December 17, 2012, 12:50 am - IP Logged

this is a question about the new year raffle. the website said  ohio lottery selling tickets through jan. 1st.and the results will be posted on website on jan. 2nd by 8:30pm.   my ticket has  jan 1st date.  is the drawing  the 1st or 2nd.if it's the 1st, we have to wait to 8:30 pm the 2nd for results?

Yes.  The results will be posted at 8:30 pm on January 2nd, according to the Ohio Lottery website.

When I looked to refresh my memory on what happened last year, I found that the numbers were posted on January 2nd last year as well.  I can't remember what time the drawing actually occurred.

ohio
                  United States
                  Member #706
                  September 14, 2002
                  713 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2012, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

this is the reply i got from ohio lottery

---------------------------------------------

Ohio Lottery  Hi Juanita. Thanks for buying a New Year's Raffle ticket! The drawing will be held on January 2nd. Keep an eye on our Facebook page that day. We'll post a link to the results on our website.
                    ohio
                    United States
                    Member #706
                    September 14, 2002
                    713 Posts
                    Posted: December 31, 2012, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

bought my sister and i a ticket this afternoon.  alittle  over 387700 sold.

United States
                      Member #115803
                      August 28, 2011
                      127 Posts
                      Posted: January 2, 2013, 10:22 am - IP Logged

bought my sister and i a ticket this afternoon.  alittle  over 387700 sold.

There must have been a big jump in ticket sales on NYE!

I bought a ticket around 6 pm or so on December 31st, and it was #423091.  The ticket I bought on December 28th was #303595.

Tickets must not have sold out though, because I saw that the sales were extended until 2 pm today.  Drawing is tonight, and ticket sales were supposed to end yesterday.

United States
                        Member #115803
                        August 28, 2011
                        127 Posts
                        Posted: January 2, 2013, 10:28 am - IP Logged

BTW -  I have 3 tickets total - the 2 numbers I mentioned above, and also ticket #7219.  I doubt that I'll buy another.  Last year, I bought 5 tickets and had a $100 winner, so I broke even.

I bought them spaced out, so I basically had one ticket in the 100K range, one in the 200K range, etc.

(I don't mind spending $100 close to raffle time, because we usually get $1,000 cash for Christmas from a family member anyhow.  I use the bulk of that money for practical purposes - savings or true necessities.  So I don't mind taking a little bit for the chance at winning more at the raffle.)

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #94283
                          July 17, 2010
                          2284 Posts
                          Posted: January 2, 2013, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

Anybody win this?  The Idaho drawing is tonight.  Looking forward to it even though we did sell out.

Good luck everyone!

United States
                            Member #115803
                            August 28, 2011
                            127 Posts
                            Posted: January 2, 2013, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Update:  Apparently they didn't sell all the tickets.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to pick up a 4th ticket at the last minute.

Ticket sales were supposed to end at 2 pm.  The time stamp on my ticket is 1:58 pm.  It's ticket #456799.

United States
                              Member #115803
                              August 28, 2011
                              127 Posts
                              Posted: January 2, 2013, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Anybody win this?  The Idaho drawing is tonight.  Looking forward to it even though we did sell out.

Good luck everyone!

The winning numbers will be posted online at 8:30 tonight.

Guess everyone could find out if I won, since all of my ticket numbers are posted here. Lol