Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

An Advantage Plus Anamoly

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 4 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #124493
March 14, 2012
7023 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2012, 3:17 am - IP Logged

Some people have mentioned the Advantage Plus by GH has some bugs.  Now all programs have bugs as far I am concerned but It seems nobody took the time to fix it.  It basically has to do with what GH terms "Smart Picks".  Some smart picks are defined by the LFF, which is completely subjective.

Others are defined just by sheer quantity.

So for instance if a particulary number A has 95 skips at one day, and particular number B has 75 skips at one day, then by purely sheer volume, one would generalize Number A as smarter pick then B at that partcular skip of 1 day.

So is true for the trailers chart.  By average that which is trailing the most is a smart pick by just sheer quantity. (No LFF involved)

So looking at the Chart D. Trailing Numbers, does anybody else think its odd that the 6, 34, 21, are the smartest picks by sheer volume but are not labeled accordingly with a little asterisk (*)?

To me that would be a bug, what do you think?

Thinking of...

Of course if you dont have A+ and your not in NY then it doesn't really matter.

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2012, 3:37 am - IP Logged

Interestingly as I do my workout, I notice another bug.

Again it has to do with smart picks.

Now the LMG is a decent book, and explains the LFF to a small extent, but if Smart Picks are a core part of the Smart Luck Strategy, and Smart Picks or Trademarked as well, and there is a big bug, then that kind of throws off the scoreboard and is kind of an annoyance.

So looking at the number 14 at skip 2, it has a quantity of 68 hits.

The average is 72.5

So being below the average it should not have an asterisk as a SMARTPICK™ but it does.

Another bug I think.

Now I am sure some programmers could find these bugs and fix them. 

The code is simple, DOS, or Basic, or VBA, good for counting but not always good for visualization. 

Thinking of...

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
      Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2012, 7:27 am - IP Logged

Some people have mentioned the Advantage Plus by GH has some bugs.  Now all programs have bugs as far I am concerned but It seems nobody took the time to fix it.  It basically has to do with what GH terms "Smart Picks".  Some smart picks are defined by the LFF, which is completely subjective.

Others are defined just by sheer quantity.

So for instance if a particulary number A has 95 skips at one day, and particular number B has 75 skips at one day, then by purely sheer volume, one would generalize Number A as smarter pick then B at that partcular skip of 1 day.

So is true for the trailers chart.  By average that which is trailing the most is a smart pick by just sheer quantity. (No LFF involved)

So looking at the Chart D. Trailing Numbers, does anybody else think its odd that the 6, 34, 21, are the smartest picks by sheer volume but are not labeled accordingly with a little asterisk (*)?

To me that would be a bug, what do you think?

Thinking of...

Of course if you dont have A+ and your not in NY then it doesn't really matter.

I thought that you figured out the asterisk numbers.

Economy class
        Belgium
        Member #123700
        February 27, 2012
        4035 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2012, 7:52 am - IP Logged

Now the LMG is a decent book, and explains the LFF to a small extent, but if Smart Picks are a core part of the Smart Luck Strategy, and Smart Picks or Trademarked as well, and there is a big bug, then that kind of throws off the scoreboard and is kind of an annoyance.

The average is 72.5

So being below the average it should not have an asterisk as a SMARTPICK™ but it does.

Another bug I think.

The code is simple, DOS, or Basic, or VBA, good for counting but not always good for visualization. 

Thinking of...

If it isn't explained why there is a star next to a number, then it mystifying the picks. There should be an errata page published with the LMG.

Hit or fail?

Charts with colors?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2012, 10:27 am - IP Logged

The average is 72.5

Another bug I think.

Thinking of...

Thinking of...

Most programmers have trouble debugging their own programs,  debugging someone else's program that has been complied without its source code would be impossible. 

If the owners of old DOS programs have no interest in updating them, why would anyone be interesting in correcting the bugs in them?  Except for those still using Windows XP, everyone has move on to newer versions of Windows that don't run DOS programs.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

I thought that you figured out the asterisk numbers.

I like to imagine I did figure out the asterisk numbers, thats why I noticed the the bugs.

Its just when I use a skip chart, I shouldn't have to look and double check and see if the SMARTPICK is above the average or below the average.

I like the highlighted colors in your above trailing chart.  The pink color allows a player to easily spot anamolies.

Advantage Plus Needs to be made for Windows so that colors can be added (if thats possible)  That might help with pattern recognition.

Anybody up for the task?

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2012, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Thinking of...

Most programmers have trouble debugging their own programs,  debugging someone else's program that has been complied without its source code would be impossible. 

If the owners of old DOS programs have no interest in updating them, why would anyone be interesting in correcting the bugs in them?  Except for those still using Windows XP, everyone has move on to newer versions of Windows that don't run DOS programs.

Well the counting is correct I suppose.  Its just a matter of how the Smart Picks are chosen.

On chart 4, the Drawing Since Hit Chart, the Smart Picks are generally chosen according to flag formation rules. (In a subjective fashion)

On other charts such as the LottoAstroscope and trailers, the smartpicks generally have the most hits.

I dont think the program counts wrong, its just the smartpicks can be confusing, and many people who purchase the program hope the smartpicks do the work for them, but this tiny bug can cause the non- subjective part of the program to point left when it should point right. 

this may cause people to abandon the program all together, as many have done. 
              For me I generally ignore the smart picks as my system doesn't need them, or I double check them to see if they make sense and to not assume the program is without "SmartPick" bugs).
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: December 19, 2012, 6:56 am - IP Logged

X=pick
                I forgot to show. Green laugh

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2012, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

X=pick
                  I forgot to show. Green laugh

Wow serge, i haven't seen you in this good humor in a long time.

Did you get a girlfriend?  Or did you hit 12/12 in AON?