Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Privatization

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 4 years ago by haymaker.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Capitol PA
United States
Member #136710
December 16, 2012
16 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2012, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I see that Illinois has went private with the Lotto and now my state PA seems to be trying to go in the same direction. Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt it go bad for IL. as they seemed to have lost money not gained at least state wise. This will be a big game changer for "Lottotiers" out there as well as the elderly who benefit a lot here. Has anyone else noticed or heard talk of this and what do you think about it???What?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19771 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2012, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

i agree Yes Nod

Let it Snow Snowman

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2012, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

I see that Illinois has went private with the Lotto and now my state PA seems to be trying to go in the same direction. Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt it go bad for IL. as they seemed to have lost money not gained at least state wise. This will be a big game changer for "Lottotiers" out there as well as the elderly who benefit a lot here. Has anyone else noticed or heard talk of this and what do you think about it???What?

I read somewhere that somebody's got a lawsuit going to try and stop the transfer so it's not a done deal yet.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
        United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3854 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2012, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

I think it went bad for the private co. as they did not meet their minimum guarantee,

now we'll have to see if IL. got the contract right and can hold them to it.

Could be a good example for other states, does IL. get anything right unless some corrupt pol. is getting a piece of the action ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.