Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Could an entire roll be duds?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 4 years ago by James1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Luckytreasure's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
Port Orange, Florida
United States
Member #133398
September 28, 2012
163 Posts
Posted: December 23, 2012, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Last night I bought some GRT. I bought #29-19 all duds. This morning bought 18-16 Again duds. Later in the day 14-10 all duds. So I bought all those tickets minus #15.  15 may or may not have been a winner. So there are 10 tickets left my guess is they all are duds or a couple winners. Has anyone ever bought an entire roll of all duds?

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #104435
    January 14, 2011
    2244 Posts
    Posted: December 23, 2012, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Last night I bought some GRT. I bought #29-19 all duds. This morning bought 18-16 Again duds. Later in the day 14-10 all duds. So I bought all those tickets minus #15.  15 may or may not have been a winner. So there are 10 tickets left my guess is they all are duds or a couple winners. Has anyone ever bought an entire roll of all duds?

I would not doubt it its the florida lottery after all lol

I remember one time i bought the last 36 (Thirty-six) $10 $200MS on the roll and every single ticket was a loser. made me wonder if there were ANY winners on that roll...........

2014 Highest Winner: $500

dannyboyhouston's avatar - lottery scratch_off_light_shirt-p235645499971128473gyb4_400.jpg
      houston texas
      United States
      Member #130267
      July 10, 2012
      6300 Posts
      Posted: December 24, 2012, 11:01 am - IP Logged

In Texas, each roll is guarantted a cetain amount to pay out. I dont know about other states.

Luckytreasure's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
        Port Orange, Florida
        United States
        Member #133398
        September 28, 2012
        163 Posts
        Posted: December 24, 2012, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

So I bought the rest of the roll.  I bought every ticket except #15, #9 every single ticket was a dud. I have every ticket accounted for but those two.  I'm sending an email to florida lottery. I have feeling #15 and 9 probably were duds too.  I'm sure they can pull the info from the serial codes.  wonder hiw they are going to explain this. How many other rolls out there are all duds too. Maybe #15 &9 were winners but still that is not cool to only have two winners in a roll of $20 tickets. shame on Floida lottery or whoever makes these tickets. I think after this huge loosing streak I'm officially done. I have said it before but this is a scam. I know it's a gamble but odds are 1:2.95. I bought 28 tickets without a single hit.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19817 Posts
          Posted: December 24, 2012, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

So I bought the rest of the roll.  I bought every ticket except #15, #9 every single ticket was a dud. I have every ticket accounted for but those two.  I'm sending an email to florida lottery. I have feeling #15 and 9 probably were duds too.  I'm sure they can pull the info from the serial codes.  wonder hiw they are going to explain this. How many other rolls out there are all duds too. Maybe #15 &9 were winners but still that is not cool to only have two winners in a roll of $20 tickets. shame on Floida lottery or whoever makes these tickets. I think after this huge loosing streak I'm officially done. I have said it before but this is a scam. I know it's a gamble but odds are 1:2.95. I bought 28 tickets without a single hit.

Are you saying you didn't even win a free ticket?  While free tickets are mostly losers too, they count as a prize.  Prizes don't have to be money.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SARASOTA, FL
            United States
            Member #95778
            August 17, 2010
            1090 Posts
            Posted: December 24, 2012, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Not too good Lucky !!! I remember writing to the lottery asking about the odds on tickets - say they are 1:3.00 - they wrote back explaining those were the "estimated" odds adding up all the tickets to be printed ........... and selling them all ............... leaves a lot of hit and miss room and their answer still never made sanse to me. As far as your bad luck - I bought a roll of $200MS a few years ago - got a $5k on one ticket and all the rest were duds .................. just wondering and is it possible #15, #9 were both or individually a BIG win and therefore making the balance of the roll all duds? Good luck on your answer from the Lottery - I never got a sensible answer to questions I used to ask .......... most replies were boiler plate : "Thank you for writing and have a nice day"     LOL - let us know what they say ............. instead of sending an email to their site - send a LETTER to the head of the lottery with all your losing tickets - that way they will know you are not some crank just sounding off.

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #104435
              January 14, 2011
              2244 Posts
              Posted: December 25, 2012, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Jesus that is more than terrible. that is just robbery.

To add what skeptic said, 1 in 3 is OVERALL odds. which means out of the MILLIONS of tickets printed, 33% are winning tickets. Since florida has no individual regulations on rolls, it might be that a roll can have 30 duds or 30 winners. I have bought $20 rolls with 20 winners out of 30 but i have also bought rolls with only 6 winners. Like I said, i went thru more than half a roll of $200MS once and did not get a single winner.

2014 Highest Winner: $500