Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I was stopped by a citizen wanting security

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 4 years ago by xandercage.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
xandercage's avatar - eye storm.jpg
texas
United States
Member #72549
March 21, 2009
141 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2012, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Im not sure if anyone recalls the 500 million blockbuster scratch off from texas but a while back I was flagged down by an older gent who had just won the million dollar prize. He showed me the ticket and I confirmed it was a real million dollar winner and he let me hold it. It was unbelievable!  I thought my gosh he bought the ticket from the same place I do wish it wasme. Anyway I handed the ticket back to him and told him not to say a word to anyone and go straight to lotto hheadquarters.

If you wont stand behind our troops, then stand in front of them!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2012, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

Cool, you don't get to see many of those in person.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2012, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Im not sure if anyone recalls the 500 million blockbuster scratch off from texas but a while back I was flagged down by an older gent who had just won the million dollar prize. He showed me the ticket and I confirmed it was a real million dollar winner and he let me hold it. It was unbelievable!  I thought my gosh he bought the ticket from the same place I do wish it wasme. Anyway I handed the ticket back to him and told him not to say a word to anyone and go straight to lotto hheadquarters.

"Anyway I handed the ticket back to him and told him not to say a word to anyone and go straight to lotto hheadquarters."

You did the right thing. 

I was stationed at Ft Sam the last six months of my  two years military career back in the late sixties and I never saw so many old men that had rolls of money and didn't know how to count it.  I must have looked trust worthy because every time I went down town one of them would come up and show me their money.  I always thought they would trying to pull a pigeon on me so I would tell them almost the same thing "Take care of that roll and don't be showing it around" and headed on my way.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
        Member #134627
        November 2, 2012
        1001 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2012, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

One can print fake winning ticket and try people's honesty by showing the ticket to people. Although, it can be dangerous, if some jerk will try to hit or even kill for a million dollar ticket. :(

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10344 Posts
          Posted: December 30, 2012, 12:17 am - IP Logged

RJOH,

When I read the OP the first thing I thought of was some kind of 'gypsy scam'...... "I can't cash this, could you help me out....."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: December 30, 2012, 9:49 am - IP Logged

SmileyWow exandercage!!!!! That was you'r-next-in-line  message moment!!!Thumbs Up Yes!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: December 30, 2012, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

"Anyway I handed the ticket back to him and told him not to say a word to anyone and go straight to lotto hheadquarters."

You did the right thing. 

I was stationed at Ft Sam the last six months of my  two years military career back in the late sixties and I never saw so many old men that had rolls of money and didn't know how to count it.  I must have looked trust worthy because every time I went down town one of them would come up and show me their money.  I always thought they would trying to pull a pigeon on me so I would tell them almost the same thing "Take care of that roll and don't be showing it around" and headed on my way.

Honesty is always the best policy...It also keeps you from been a Pigeon!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                6290 Posts
                Posted: December 30, 2012, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up definitely did the right thing X...

I Love Pink & Green 1908

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: December 30, 2012, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

You did the right thing. 

Class Act RJOh....…Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

xandercage's avatar - eye storm.jpg
                    texas
                    United States
                    Member #72549
                    March 21, 2009
                    141 Posts
                    Posted: December 31, 2012, 11:27 am - IP Logged

It was definetely the real deal. I confirmed through the stores cashier and it was a big deal cuz they got like 10gs from selling it. This was no scam. The old folks actually lived in my subdivision.

If you wont stand behind our troops, then stand in front of them!