Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I love lottery post so much. I deactivated my Facebook account...

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mikeintexas.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #137428
January 3, 2013
469 Posts
Posted: January 7, 2013, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Party

I'd rather network all day with people of similar interests......

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19967 Posts
    Posted: January 7, 2013, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Party

Thumbs UpGood job

Patriot

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
      Columbus, Ohio
      United States
      Member #128906
      June 5, 2012
      599 Posts
      Posted: January 7, 2013, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Congrats, I have a FB account but hardly use it

Columbia, SC
        United States
        Member #135285
        November 21, 2012
        584 Posts
        Posted: January 7, 2013, 9:27 am - IP Logged

Wow. I do love lottery post, but I love my facebook too....Besides, I can't keep up with family on LP!

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
          Member #134627
          November 2, 2012
          1004 Posts
          Posted: January 7, 2013, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Facebook? I forgot what it is, my account just sits there, sits there, sits there...

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
            Whiskey Island
            United States
            Member #90216
            April 24, 2010
            12809 Posts
            Posted: January 7, 2013, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

I never had a Facebook Account , never will !!!! To much BS with Facebook ...

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #85037
              January 7, 2010
              253 Posts
              Posted: January 7, 2013, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Wow. I do love lottery post, but I love my facebook too....Besides, I can't keep up with family on LP!

Girl you and me both! I also play games on there, catch up on the news. 

I can quit you FB.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: January 7, 2013, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

I deactivated my FB when I learnt that FB owns anything you put on their website. They can take your pics and use them anywhich way they want. Also I got tired of reading posts such as "I'm headed to Walgreens to buy ketchup for my grandma, w00t!" lol so annoying

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                  u$a
                  United States
                  Member #106665
                  February 22, 2011
                  19967 Posts
                  Posted: January 10, 2013, 11:23 am - IP Logged

I deactivated my FB when I learnt that FB owns anything you put on their website. They can take your pics and use them anywhich way they want. Also I got tired of reading posts such as "I'm headed to Walgreens to buy ketchup for my grandma, w00t!" lol so annoying

Green laughthat's so funny

Life is for living, not just existingYes Nod

Patriot

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
                    New Hampshire
                    United States
                    Member #136492
                    December 12, 2012
                    326 Posts
                    Posted: January 10, 2013, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

Party

Haha good one 4!

Cheers

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4987 Posts
                      Posted: January 10, 2013, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Maringoman, that is false and there are always some silly FB members pushing that story.  Instagram tried to change the terms of their membership by claiming ownership and the right to use your images commercially and they had to back down. FB  does not make those claims. Under US Copyright law (and that of most other nations) posting of your images on a website, or any where on the internet DOES NOT permit others to use them. If someone uses your images commerically (i.e.sells copies of your image or puts them on a product like magnets, etc.), you can sue and recover the profits and damages and get them to stop. Now I don't complain if someone sees my artwork and posts ONE simple image to their own personal website (with a credit to me) because they like it and it is free publicity for me......as long as they are not selling it commerically or claiming it as their work. I know multiple graphic artists who have come across companies selling their images online (found via google image search) and they have sent cease and desist letters.  The photographer (or image creator) always owns their images unless they sign them away.

J'aime La France.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                        Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #37433
                        April 14, 2006
                        2747 Posts
                        Posted: January 12, 2013, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Maringoman, that is false and there are always some silly FB members pushing that story.  Instagram tried to change the terms of their membership by claiming ownership and the right to use your images commercially and they had to back down. FB  does not make those claims. Under US Copyright law (and that of most other nations) posting of your images on a website, or any where on the internet DOES NOT permit others to use them. If someone uses your images commerically (i.e.sells copies of your image or puts them on a product like magnets, etc.), you can sue and recover the profits and damages and get them to stop. Now I don't complain if someone sees my artwork and posts ONE simple image to their own personal website (with a credit to me) because they like it and it is free publicity for me......as long as they are not selling it commerically or claiming it as their work. I know multiple graphic artists who have come across companies selling their images online (found via google image search) and they have sent cease and desist letters.  The photographer (or image creator) always owns their images unless they sign them away.

http://www.facebook.com/legal/terms  # 2 subsection 1 vindicates my position

It seems both of us are right which makes no sense...I'm so confused I need a stong drink (Absolut Vodka)  Naughty

Japan
                          Member #131605
                          August 14, 2012
                          372 Posts
                          Posted: January 12, 2013, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

It seems both of us are right which makes no sense...I'm so confused I need a stong drink (Absolut Vodka)  Naughty

Dang, I think I'ma have to drink some Absolute again. It's been awhile.  I like getting one an a 20oz[believe thats the right size] sprite bottle pouring/drinking a bit then filling up with the Absolute. Taste like candy.... then you realize its not......Stretch

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #92330
                            June 5, 2010
                            887 Posts
                            Posted: January 13, 2013, 2:00 am - IP Logged

I had gotten rid of mine some time ago but eventually created a new one.

Not because I missed Facebook itself, but so many sites allow you to sign-in via Facebook that it just seemed easier to create an account there instead of a separate account at every one of those sites. So, I get to use Facebook to log-in to sites and since I don't actually visit Facebook they don't really make any money off of me, which is especially nice since I know the only reason they want you to use your Facebook account to sign-in on other sites is so they can advertise at you with more relevant material.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4987 Posts
                              Posted: January 13, 2013, 8:43 am - IP Logged

They do seem to contradict themselves so any contradiction should benefit the little guy.  I do keep my settings on private.  There are some Q and A's I read from facebook where they claim the opposite and say they only are referring to advertising only.  I do know if anyone was aware of them using their images for 3rd party/ profit , a lawsuit would probably have been filed by now and I have not heard about one. If you have any image in a magazine or newspaper you do have to sign a similar release (similar wording) but it still does not mean that can sell new products with your images (calendars, etc).

J'aime La France.