Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

National Lottery Price to double

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mightwin.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United Kingdom
Member #122950
February 10, 2012
85 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2013, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

For UK lottery players, it is indeed a sad news.

From Autumn 2013, main lotto tickets will double to £2 per line.

Apparently, Camelots research showed that lottery players were asking for more ways of winning. So they increased the cost, created more possible winners with still...only 50% of money paid to them goes to the prizes.

I created an online petition for UK players here. May not change anything especially when big money is involve but we might as well give it a go.

click for our petition here

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2013, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Good luck with your petition but I think the only thing that would work would be a complete boycott and the lottery knows that just isn't going to happen.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: January 17, 2013, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Good luck with your petition but I think the only thing that would work would be a complete boycott and the lottery knows that just isn't going to happen.

I Agree!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: January 17, 2013, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Its amazing that with all the social media the small people still cannot organize and undo something the government is doing to them against their will. Before internet became the standard of communication, people used to say that we couldn't organize because the radio, tv and newspapers were in the hands of the rich who are close to the governments. Now we cannot claim that so I am curious why people cannot organize No Nod

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19858 Posts
          Posted: January 17, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: January 17, 2013, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Its amazing that with all the social media the small people still cannot organize and undo something the government is doing to them against their will. Before internet became the standard of communication, people used to say that we couldn't organize because the radio, tv and newspapers were in the hands of the rich who are close to the governments. Now we cannot claim that so I am curious why people cannot organize No Nod

maringoman,

It's not just the people's inability or unwillingness to organize. thee is a certain percentage that are going to play lotteries no matter what. I think we once had a poll here on LP about at what cost would you stop playing and some people said they'd never stop.

Consider when there's a sports strike in the U.S. Most of the fans say, "That's it for me, I'll never go to another game" and for a very short while the stadiums are almost empty, but then the fans start showing up again.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: January 18, 2013, 8:09 am - IP Logged

I guess everybody has their own limits. Mine is that I won't cooperate in being ripped-off.

I stopped going to professional sports events and NASCAR races a while back when a plastic cup of draft beer started costing 6 or 7 bucks each. I don't mind paying premium prices for something but I refuse to be blatantly ripped off. The way I look at it, you gotta be some kinda chump to allow them to do that to ya. If enough people stopped going to the events or at least stopped buying the beer at those prices, the prices would come down. But they'll undoubtedly just continue being chumped.

And when the lotteries start gouging like that, they can keep their product too as far as I'm concerned.

I'll just put them on the list with the "moneysaving" $10 Popcorn & Coke Combo at the movie theatre.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3300 Posts
                Posted: January 18, 2013, 8:23 am - IP Logged

im a protest of 1.

they changed one of my lotto payout  scheme, and I dont play it at all now. its a shame, but i can only control my own  actions and  if more players dont like it, dont play. they will notice the slowing sales.

EDIT

lol you can see what games they changed, below in my sig line.  monday and wednesday,

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                  Texas Panhandle
                  United States
                  Member #136843
                  December 20, 2012
                  1280 Posts
                  Posted: January 18, 2013, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

For UK lottery players, it is indeed a sad news.

From Autumn 2013, main lotto tickets will double to £2 per line.

Apparently, Camelots research showed that lottery players were asking for more ways of winning. So they increased the cost, created more possible winners with still...only 50% of money paid to them goes to the prizes.

I created an online petition for UK players here. May not change anything especially when big money is involve but we might as well give it a go.

click for our petition here

After you posted this the other day, I mentioned it to a long time online and Facebook friend from Colchester. (she's an Essex girl!) She told me it was rubbish and that it wasn't going to happen.  A few hours later I get a private msg. from her;  she was at work, she manages a Martin's shop, and she told me it was in the papers that morning!

United Kingdom
                    Member #122950
                    February 10, 2012
                    85 Posts
                    Posted: January 19, 2013, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Got a feeling though that Camelot will have to back down with such a huge criticism they are getting at the moment.

Camelot implied that the increase is due to people asking "more ways of playing" through their "research". They seem to think that playing is synonymous with paying.

It would have been easier if they just mentioned that running the lottery is getting costly. Not that we have to believe it but it is better than to say that the increase is because players asked for it.

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
                      Member #103786
                      January 5, 2011
                      486 Posts
                      Posted: February 15, 2013, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

You can pretty much blame powerball for that, nothing like making more $ even if number of tickets sold decreases.