Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Arizona pick

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Uluska.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Marana Arizona
United States
Member #138137
January 20, 2013
3 Posts
Posted: January 20, 2013, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I know.i have been playing one set of numbers on the pick for twenty six years and nothing yet I would like to quit playing them but then I think they will come up as soon as I do. should I quit playing them?

Scott

Scott

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: January 20, 2013, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I have a set I've been playing since 1993.  I guess that's 20 years now if my math is right.  I think about giving them up, but then somebody makes a post like this one, and I keep on playing.

I would be devastated if my numbers fell and I didn't play them.  The risk of that happening is low, but enough that I will keep playing them till they fall, or until I die whichever comes first.  The extra few bucks a week is worth it just for peace of mind.

Marana Arizona
      United States
      Member #138137
      January 20, 2013
      3 Posts
      Posted: January 20, 2013, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

That's how I feel. $10.00 for ten draws . About five weeks. My son picked the number when he was about seven , now he's 33

Scott

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #94283
        July 17, 2010
        2284 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2013, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately, my numbers are for Powerball so since the price went up I'm paying $20 bucks per ten draws (that's the most we can buy for consecutive draws here in Idaho) to keep them in circulation.  It's still worth it tho.

United States
          Member #138498
          January 29, 2013
          10 Posts
          Posted: January 29, 2013, 3:07 am - IP Logged

I'm in Az, too.  I think originally the pick was 36 numbers, right?  Now it's 44.  I am guessing your numbers now don't include the 8 additional numbers added to drive up the odds and increase the prize.   I quit my old numbers when the odds changed and they added new numbers. 

Luckily in Az we have a company that is a professional lottery pool.  I've been with them for 2 years now.  Last March one of my pools with 10 players hit the Fantasy 5 for $247,000.  You have to be an Az resident to play the pools but it's a private company and opporating well in the state.  Might be an idea for other people in other states to do the same.  Not sure if I'm allowed to mention the link but Lottery Post might want to do an article on this company called PowerPick.

It's a husband/wife team, seems super busy, they add more pools as the prizes go higher and more people want to buy more tickets.  This week for PowerBall I am in pools with about 600+ tickets.  Amazing with all the tickets they buy not to have hit a BIG one yet.  Odds are just too tough.

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
            Member #134627
            November 2, 2012
            1001 Posts
            Posted: January 30, 2013, 11:19 am - IP Logged

In Pick 3, the top win is not so big to be playing for so many years the same set of numbers. Perhaps, even when playing the same set of numbers, do other choices on them, change their order, do pairs. Your pattern of picking the same numbers all the time can be such a red flag for lottery employes, since they can see where they come from, say, from the same place or town all the time. If they look up the cameras, they'll see you there every time you purchase those numbers. They simply exclude your combination from playing. That is one of their rules, not everybody bothers to read. I say, if during several months comination failed, change it. There is more where that one came from. Also, if you play "all ways" on it, you would win often during those 20 years some $80 each time same combo comes up only arranged differently. That happens several times per year. AT least you'd decrease your expanses by winning  abit.