Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

signing the petition for true drawings

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 4 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LAKE HAVASU AZ
United States
Member #44729
August 8, 2006
446 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2013, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

ok so i signed petition to get "true" drawigns will this help ? who all has signed and WHO HAS'NT.... WHY NOT ?....LOL

some day....some day

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #123290
    February 17, 2012
    3048 Posts
    Posted: January 23, 2013, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

ok so i signed petition to get "true" drawigns will this help ? who all has signed and WHO HAS'NT.... WHY NOT ?....LOL

Good for you for signing in what you believe in, I just don't think it's going to

change anything, its just cheaper for them go with computer picks.

The land of Canals
      United States
      Member #137589
      January 7, 2013
      168 Posts
      Posted: January 23, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Where is this petition?Sun Smiley

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” 
       Steve Martin

Cool

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: January 23, 2013, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Where is this petition?Sun Smiley

Hey Carvella,

Go to Results on the Blue Bar up top and mash down on "Help Eliminate Computerized Drawings" at the bottom of the drop-down doohickey.

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
          Member #134627
          November 2, 2012
          1001 Posts
          Posted: January 24, 2013, 9:45 am - IP Logged

How does one check if computerized drawings are random, or selective, like Russian Roulette? They will not have professor from Harvard inspecting, will they?

That's a bad part. Everyone should sign the petition. The alternative is to try and crack computer pattern.

In general such change means that the type of people who wins will be different from now on. Whomever did not win big before... oh, that's us. :)

In general big prize winners pool will dwindle  thanks to computers.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19754 Posts
            Posted: January 24, 2013, 11:28 am - IP Logged

How does one check if computerized drawings are random, or selective, like Russian Roulette? They will not have professor from Harvard inspecting, will they?

That's a bad part. Everyone should sign the petition. The alternative is to try and crack computer pattern.

In general such change means that the type of people who wins will be different from now on. Whomever did not win big before... oh, that's us. :)

In general big prize winners pool will dwindle  thanks to computers.

I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman

The land of Canals
              United States
              Member #137589
              January 7, 2013
              168 Posts
              Posted: January 30, 2013, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Hey Carvella,

Go to Results on the Blue Bar up top and mash down on "Help Eliminate Computerized Drawings" at the bottom of the drop-down doohickey.

Thank you rdgnr...you are awesome! Sun Smiley

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” 
               Steve Martin

Cool

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
                Joplin MO
                United States
                Member #138489
                January 28, 2013
                190 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2013, 1:38 am - IP Logged

I signed the petiton.

The thing that bothers me about computers picking the numbers is that they are ...... COMPUTERS!!!  Sure, supposedly the numbers are picked using RNGs, but how do we know FOR SURE what the computer is actually doing to spit out the numbers?  They can be programmed to do whatever ... they are computers!

My paranoia is that they are tied to the lottery-purchasing terminals, and could be programmed to recognze things like various patterns, large sets of numbers that may be played from week to week, other things that people (such as from this forum) may post that could give a bit of advantage, etc., etc. ... then when the numbers are being drawn, if too many numbers fall on some of these patterns / etc., that computer could kick-out one of the numbers and replace it with something else.  Who would ever know ... except the programmer?  Paranoia?  Yes ... a bit.

At least with televised ping-pong-ball machines, you can see what is happening.

Of course, I'm preaching to the choir HERE ... right?

LAKE HAVASU AZ
                  United States
                  Member #44729
                  August 8, 2006
                  446 Posts
                  Posted: February 1, 2013, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

I signed the petiton.

The thing that bothers me about computers picking the numbers is that they are ...... COMPUTERS!!!  Sure, supposedly the numbers are picked using RNGs, but how do we know FOR SURE what the computer is actually doing to spit out the numbers?  They can be programmed to do whatever ... they are computers!

My paranoia is that they are tied to the lottery-purchasing terminals, and could be programmed to recognze things like various patterns, large sets of numbers that may be played from week to week, other things that people (such as from this forum) may post that could give a bit of advantage, etc., etc. ... then when the numbers are being drawn, if too many numbers fall on some of these patterns / etc., that computer could kick-out one of the numbers and replace it with something else.  Who would ever know ... except the programmer?  Paranoia?  Yes ... a bit.

At least with televised ping-pong-ball machines, you can see what is happening.

Of course, I'm preaching to the choir HERE ... right?

i agree, so who's to say they want the jackpot to get larger to build up there bank account and like you stated are the draw systems directly to the system that picks the numbers ,that means it would have to draw the same numbers 2 times in one day ...oh but wait ....it's all random...ya my as$$Thumbs Up

some day....some day

United States
                    Member #135278
                    November 20, 2012
                    85 Posts
                    Posted: February 1, 2013, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

This is the best idea i have heard in a while no1 has had a gooder idea than this one.

I will tell u this there is no way they are saving money they are gaining more money by a computer.

And i will say this the powerball drawings are just a replica of the computer picking the numbers.

Once the computer picks the numbers the lottery go ahead and mock the numbers the computer picked.

Its true they use computers for a reason because the computer knows all the combinations and

it can pay out a balanced amount thats porfitable for the lotteries. bottom line.

No too pick on the powerball but i will say this,

The thing in the middle is never consistent it never picks the balls up the same amount of time.

U will get a day where is picks one ball up in 2 secs then the next one its takes 3 seconds

its never consistent.This play a important role in random drawings that u get a consistent machine

and not something that isnt consistent

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: February 1, 2013, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

This is the best idea i have heard in a while no1 has had a gooder idea than this one.

I will tell u this there is no way they are saving money they are gaining more money by a computer.

And i will say this the powerball drawings are just a replica of the computer picking the numbers.

Once the computer picks the numbers the lottery go ahead and mock the numbers the computer picked.

Its true they use computers for a reason because the computer knows all the combinations and

it can pay out a balanced amount thats porfitable for the lotteries. bottom line.

No too pick on the powerball but i will say this,

The thing in the middle is never consistent it never picks the balls up the same amount of time.

U will get a day where is picks one ball up in 2 secs then the next one its takes 3 seconds

its never consistent.This play a important role in random drawings that u get a consistent machine

and not something that isnt consistent

I can't understand if you are saying you like the computer drawings or you prefer ball draws.

Because remember, Tennessee had a MAJOR glitch with their computer drawing machine. That's after two separate entities said it was good to go. Because of the glitch, a large section of the players had ZERO chance in winning. Also look at lottery machines giving duplicated quick picks. I would take a faulty ping pong ball machine over a computer draw.

I'll sign. I can trust a computer to pick my numbers, but I'd rather it have nothing to do with the draw.

LAKE HAVASU AZ
                        United States
                        Member #44729
                        August 8, 2006
                        446 Posts
                        Posted: February 2, 2013, 5:38 am - IP Logged

I can't understand if you are saying you like the computer drawings or you prefer ball draws.

Because remember, Tennessee had a MAJOR glitch with their computer drawing machine. That's after two separate entities said it was good to go. Because of the glitch, a large section of the players had ZERO chance in winning. Also look at lottery machines giving duplicated quick picks. I would take a faulty ping pong ball machine over a computer draw.

I'll sign. I can trust a computer to pick my numbers, but I'd rather it have nothing to do with the draw.

I think i don't understand eather.Confused..lol

some day....some day

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                          Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6290 Posts
                          Posted: February 2, 2013, 9:08 am - IP Logged

Thumbs Up I signed when I first joined the LP.......

I Love Pink & Green 1908