Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:01 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Safe Place - New Years Resolution

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 4 years ago by GGStarlings.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Idaho
United States
Member #76087
June 18, 2009
859 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2013, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Subject:  Unclaimed Lottery Tickets.  Lost or simply forgotten, wouldn't it just suck to lose out on a big winning due to carelessness?  This has been on my mind lately because...

A few weeks ago I accidentally knocked over a glass of tea on my desk, where I work on my number charts. I shrieked, knowing the amount of work I'd have creating those charts all over again... PLUS, there were lottery tickets in that soaked pile, and all I could think was, DAMMIT, GG, what if there had been a big winner in there?

There was not a big winner in there but it did get me to thinking how I need to come up with a better plan for the lottery tickets.  Like, getting in the habit of putting them in a safe place, like a special box, RIGHT AWAY, after coming home from the store.  That would be much better than my usual habit of tossing them on my desk or throwing them in my purse and forgetting about them until it was time to check.

On the Pick 5 games I make photocopies of my tickets.  But the actual tickets, themselves, have gotten lost on occasion due to the hectic pace of my daily life.  A couple weeks ago I had a $500 winner, and I had to search and search through my purse and scour my desk looking for that thing.  Ridiculous, huh!

So today I am making a pledge to create a safe place for my tickets.  I will simply put my tickets in one place, one place only, as the start of a good habit.  No more scattered piles!

Here's to good habits.  Cheers

La Maga Della Spaziometria

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2013, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Finding a ticket in a woman's purse?  Ooooh scary thought.  Eek

I'm an extremely messy person, so a few years ago I had to resort to buying a few little metal spring clips from the office supply place.  Then the minute I get home I get the ticket(s) out of my pocket or wallet and clip them together with the rest of the tickets that draw on a particular night.  So I usually only have 1 or 2 clips since I don't normally play Pick 3.  Then I can just throw them in the desk drawer.

I tend to buy a ticket here or there as I'm out walking, so semi-organizing like this is a good way to know which tickets I've already purchased too.

Glad you found that $500 winner GG and continued good luck to you!

good luck cat smiley

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19964 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2013, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Subject:  Unclaimed Lottery Tickets.  Lost or simply forgotten, wouldn't it just suck to lose out on a big winning due to carelessness?  This has been on my mind lately because...

A few weeks ago I accidentally knocked over a glass of tea on my desk, where I work on my number charts. I shrieked, knowing the amount of work I'd have creating those charts all over again... PLUS, there were lottery tickets in that soaked pile, and all I could think was, DAMMIT, GG, what if there had been a big winner in there?

There was not a big winner in there but it did get me to thinking how I need to come up with a better plan for the lottery tickets.  Like, getting in the habit of putting them in a safe place, like a special box, RIGHT AWAY, after coming home from the store.  That would be much better than my usual habit of tossing them on my desk or throwing them in my purse and forgetting about them until it was time to check.

On the Pick 5 games I make photocopies of my tickets.  But the actual tickets, themselves, have gotten lost on occasion due to the hectic pace of my daily life.  A couple weeks ago I had a $500 winner, and I had to search and search through my purse and scour my desk looking for that thing.  Ridiculous, huh!

So today I am making a pledge to create a safe place for my tickets.  I will simply put my tickets in one place, one place only, as the start of a good habit.  No more scattered piles!

Congrats on your WIN!Dance

I use sheet protectors to keep important papers Nice and organized in binders, good to keep track of data for my data notebook and safe from little sticky hands.Smiley

Let it Snow Snowman

Idaho
        United States
        Member #76087
        June 18, 2009
        859 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2013, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Finding a ticket in a woman's purse?  Ooooh scary thought.  Eek

I'm an extremely messy person, so a few years ago I had to resort to buying a few little metal spring clips from the office supply place.  Then the minute I get home I get the ticket(s) out of my pocket or wallet and clip them together with the rest of the tickets that draw on a particular night.  So I usually only have 1 or 2 clips since I don't normally play Pick 3.  Then I can just throw them in the desk drawer.

I tend to buy a ticket here or there as I'm out walking, so semi-organizing like this is a good way to know which tickets I've already purchased too.

Glad you found that $500 winner GG and continued good luck to you!

good luck cat smiley

Hey, HoLeeKau,

I like your idea of spring metal clips.  I use those at work for various things, and I think I should employ them at home.  I really need to get organized.

Desk drawer is also a good idea.  I'd just have to make sure that no one else in the house uses that desk drawer or no telling what would happen to the tickets. 

Love yer kitty cat!

Idaho
          United States
          Member #76087
          June 18, 2009
          859 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2013, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your WIN!Dance

I use sheet protectors to keep important papers Nice and organized in binders, good to keep track of data for my data notebook and safe from little sticky hands.Smiley

Hey there, Helpmewin!

Very funny - I just purchased some clear sheet protectors yesterday!  I thought I would use them for my photocopied pages of winning tickets.  I have plenty of failures but it's kind of nice to keep copies of the tickets that are good winners, for continued motivation.   Smile

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19964 Posts
            Posted: January 25, 2013, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

Hey there, Helpmewin!

Very funny - I just purchased some clear sheet protectors yesterday!  I thought I would use them for my photocopied pages of winning tickets.  I have plenty of failures but it's kind of nice to keep copies of the tickets that are good winners, for continued motivation.   Smile

i like your idea of photocopied pages of winning tickets, i copy almost everything to.Yes Nod

Let it Snow Snowman

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
              United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3857 Posts
              Posted: January 25, 2013, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

PA. lottery has a tv ad wherein a woman shuffling through papers at her desk knocks over a cup of coffee,

it gets on every thing including her keyboard. she scrambles to get paper towels and trips over some cords,

which makes things fall off the desk.

When she gets to the paper towels, there's a scratcher on the table, she holds it up and as she scratches it,

it transforms the room in to neat and beautiful office.

my office is almost as messy as hers, so I never put a beverage on the desk,

I have one of those plastic storage containers turned upside down next to my chair,

Just for my drink.

Cheers

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: January 25, 2013, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

First of all, congrats on your $500 hit!

As for me I usually stuff em in a book that I am reading. Sometimes I use them as bookmarks. I don't like leaving them in my wallet because of the dirty looks or the inquiring talk I get from people when I pull out my wallet and they see them. I know I can ignore them but it'd be too late, mood would be ruined. Mad

Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #76087
                  June 18, 2009
                  859 Posts
                  Posted: January 26, 2013, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

PA. lottery has a tv ad wherein a woman shuffling through papers at her desk knocks over a cup of coffee,

it gets on every thing including her keyboard. she scrambles to get paper towels and trips over some cords,

which makes things fall off the desk.

When she gets to the paper towels, there's a scratcher on the table, she holds it up and as she scratches it,

it transforms the room in to neat and beautiful office.

my office is almost as messy as hers, so I never put a beverage on the desk,

I have one of those plastic storage containers turned upside down next to my chair,

Just for my drink.

Cheers

That's a good practice - never putting an open beverage on your desk.  I usually drink my tea at the computer, not my writing desk, and I'm always very careful, but it was a Sunday and I relaxed my rules a bit.  I was busy cleaning around my desk when - thwonK! - went the glass of tea.  I still have not finished rewriting those charts!

Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #76087
                    June 18, 2009
                    859 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2013, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

First of all, congrats on your $500 hit!

As for me I usually stuff em in a book that I am reading. Sometimes I use them as bookmarks. I don't like leaving them in my wallet because of the dirty looks or the inquiring talk I get from people when I pull out my wallet and they see them. I know I can ignore them but it'd be too late, mood would be ruined. Mad

Haha, that is funny - I, too, have been leery of others' looks over the lottery tickets.  Putting the tickets in a book is a good idea, if you don't forget WHICH book.  That's me - I'd have to train myself, WHICH BOOK, GG.

Hey, I have one of those books with an open center in it.  So it's not really a book - it's a make-believe book for hiding treasures.  I might have to put that thing to use...

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6305 Posts
                      Posted: January 26, 2013, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations GG on your $500 win...Thumbs Up. Been missing you on the LP sweetie....

I Love Pink & Green 1908

The land of Canals
                        United States
                        Member #137589
                        January 7, 2013
                        168 Posts
                        Posted: January 26, 2013, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

White Bounce

Dance

WTG GGStarlings. May there be many more winners in your future!

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” 
                         Steve Martin

Cool

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #94283
                          July 17, 2010
                          2284 Posts
                          Posted: January 26, 2013, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Hey, HoLeeKau,

I like your idea of spring metal clips.  I use those at work for various things, and I think I should employ them at home.  I really need to get organized.

Desk drawer is also a good idea.  I'd just have to make sure that no one else in the house uses that desk drawer or no telling what would happen to the tickets. 

Love yer kitty cat!

Love yer kitty cat!

I't supposed to be a Chinese good luck kitty.  So good luck!

Here's one for Good Fortune too, just to cover all the bases.

good fortune cat smiley

Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #76087
                            June 18, 2009
                            859 Posts
                            Posted: January 26, 2013, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations GG on your $500 win...Thumbs Up. Been missing you on the LP sweetie....

Missed you too, Dallas, and thanks!

Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #76087
                              June 18, 2009
                              859 Posts
                              Posted: January 26, 2013, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

White Bounce

Dance

WTG GGStarlings. May there be many more winners in your future!

Thanks~ and same to you!