Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many hoppers??

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Greenfox.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Greenfox's avatar - IMAG01562
Burnsville
United States
Member #107244
March 4, 2011
853 Posts
Posted: January 28, 2013, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

I was just going over some of my stuff. I got to noticing a few things and had a question.

I know they use so many hoppers. Some to test with i think and one that they show and do the actual draws with live.

I think they test with some. It may be that they test them to make sure they all work correctly. No balls get stuck, the air blows and such.

I was just curious to know if they had a certain amount for the 3 and 4 games and if anyone knew how many.

I know they swap out and use different ones each draw or something to that nature also.

Many thanks in advance!!!

You can't steal second and keep your foot on FIRST!!!

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.
When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”.

-Arnold (Ahnald) Schwarzenegger-

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40262 Posts
    Posted: January 28, 2013, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

I was just going over some of my stuff. I got to noticing a few things and had a question.

I know they use so many hoppers. Some to test with i think and one that they show and do the actual draws with live.

I think they test with some. It may be that they test them to make sure they all work correctly. No balls get stuck, the air blows and such.

I was just curious to know if they had a certain amount for the 3 and 4 games and if anyone knew how many.

I know they swap out and use different ones each draw or something to that nature also.

Maybe you could write you state lottery and find out, I am sure things vary from state to state.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: January 28, 2013, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

I dont think they use hoppers in the sense of a production facility where you just throw everything in the top.

In NY, for the pick 5 games, they put the numbers in plastic or glass columns in a particular order that rotates from draw to draw.

The pick 3 has all the numbers put in a round chamber, so i dont think they use 'hoppers' per se.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
        Winning makes me smile.
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90251
        April 24, 2010
        4852 Posts
        Posted: January 28, 2013, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Try doing a search for PRE DRAWS. This may answer your questions.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Burnsville
          United States
          Member #107244
          March 4, 2011
          853 Posts
          Posted: January 29, 2013, 12:20 am - IP Logged

Maybe you could write you state lottery and find out, I am sure things vary from state to state.

Hi sully16,

Thank you for the response. That's probably what I'll have to do. It's just for a little experiment.

Thank you much!!!

Burnsville
            United States
            Member #107244
            March 4, 2011
            853 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2013, 12:24 am - IP Logged

I dont think they use hoppers in the sense of a production facility where you just throw everything in the top.

In NY, for the pick 5 games, they put the numbers in plastic or glass columns in a particular order that rotates from draw to draw.

The pick 3 has all the numbers put in a round chamber, so i dont think they use 'hoppers' per se.

Thank you LB for the response.

Im not sure what they're called. LOL. Just the machines they do the draws in. I was thinking they have multiple sets and run all of them. For backups and such. I don't know exactly.

I know here, they have what looks like one large container for the 3 and 4 and each is separated with the balls 0-9 in each. I figure it out.

Thank you though.

Burnsville
              United States
              Member #107244
              March 4, 2011
              853 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2013, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Try doing a search for PRE DRAWS. This may answer your questions.

Thank you also, grwurston.

I'll do that also. If i can find anything it will be here I'm sure.

Thanks again.

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                Park City, UT
                United States
                Member #69864
                January 18, 2009
                993 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2013, 1:50 am - IP Logged

If you go to the Texas lottery site and navigate to the pick3 section it will show the pre-draws, with the machine and ball sets used.  They are very specific on their testing procedures and what will constitute a failed test and the use of alternate machine and ball sets.

Not sure if your looking for a specific state or any state to do your tests against.

Jimmy

Burnsville
                  United States
                  Member #107244
                  March 4, 2011
                  853 Posts
                  Posted: January 29, 2013, 2:25 am - IP Logged

If you go to the Texas lottery site and navigate to the pick3 section it will show the pre-draws, with the machine and ball sets used.  They are very specific on their testing procedures and what will constitute a failed test and the use of alternate machine and ball sets.

Not sure if your looking for a specific state or any state to do your tests against.

Jimmy

Thanks a bunch jimjwright.

It doesn't matter which state neccessarily. I was basicly needing to know if they run the pre tests in separate hoppers at one after the other, or just used the same one. I found a page for pre-draws for here in NC, but would like to test other states also. So, that will work. I will find that also.

Thanks a bunch!!!!