Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The stores video camera.

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 4 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
ttech10's avatar - blobdude
Texas
United States
Member #92330
June 5, 2010
887 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2013, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

So I was thinking, how annoyed would you be if you won the jackpot and went to an attorney to start creating a trust so you can stay anonymous, then so much time passed and the lottery released the video showing you buy your ticket?

It just seems like the ultimate bummer. I guess if you ever win, make it a point to contact the lottery shortly after winning and let them know you're making plans before you redeem the ticket?

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2013, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

So I was thinking, how annoyed would you be if you won the jackpot and went to an attorney to start creating a trust so you can stay anonymous, then so much time passed and the lottery released the video showing you buy your ticket?

It just seems like the ultimate bummer. I guess if you ever win, make it a point to contact the lottery shortly after winning and let them know you're making plans before you redeem the ticket?

I won who cares who knows LOL....Show me the money!!!

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2013, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

I don't think they should do that unless the ticket is a month away from expiry. But most of the guys who run the lotteries are not the smartest people..they are state employees with no real competence required  No Nod

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2013, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

I don't think they should do that unless the ticket is a month away from expiry. But most of the guys who run the lotteries are not the smartest people..they are state employees with no real competence required  No Nod

The only requirements to successfully becoming a state employee are:

1. Be dumber than the rest of your states population.   Troll

2. Be in the lower 1% of the common sense and integrity tests.  Big Smile

3. Be able lie as easily as you steal.  Cussing Face

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2013, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I agree with maringoman.

They should have a set policy in place that they start looking for you in the last 30 days using any info or photos at their disposal.

That way you know how much time you have before your face is out there and all your crazy ex's find out you won the lottery.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
            A long and winding road
            United States
            Member #17084
            June 10, 2005
            4523 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2013, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Its rare that the video cameras in the store can correctly identify you. Most crime shows even say that they cant identify the criminal correctly as the videos are grainy and of poor quality. I really don't care as we are watched by big brother on highways and other places....Its become a monitoring fiesta! Ole'Lay!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
              Nutley, New Jersey
              United States
              Member #131058
              August 1, 2012
              875 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2013, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

you can buy your ticket from a machine wearing a surgical mask that covers your face. If a nosey customer asks you why you are wearing a mask tell them you don't want to catch the flu.

Columbia, SC
                United States
                Member #135285
                November 21, 2012
                584 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2013, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

I agree with maringoman.

They should have a set policy in place that they start looking for you in the last 30 days using any info or photos at their disposal.

That way you know how much time you have before your face is out there and all your crazy ex's find out you won the lottery.

hehe...I Agree!

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

Texas
                  United States
                  Member #92330
                  June 5, 2010
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2013, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

I think they should have a warning at least a week before they release the image/video. Last year here they released images after only a month, though the guy did say he was unaware he won (it was weird though because he checked the ticket at numerous places and at different times). The image was pretty clear as well, he was called and informed that his picture was shown.

And I realize you could wear one of those germ masks, but I'd rather not. I wouldn't expect people to be nosy though, I see see people wearing them fairly often. I think it would be best just to call up the lottery office. You could even use a payphone. I actually wouldn't be surprised if an attorney would want you to do that anyways just so they themselves can confirm that it's the actual winning ticket.

I caught the camera staring at me today when I was getting a state game ticket and had this thought pop in my head.

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: January 31, 2013, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

99% of ALL lottery Players will never win the JP in their lifetime.

Although, Pick-3 and pick-4 Players are enthusiastic. Why you ask?

They get smaller and sometimes consistent returns, as opposed to tireless attempts in beating insurmountable odds.

Nutley, New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #131058
                      August 1, 2012
                      875 Posts
                      Posted: January 31, 2013, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

They get smaller and sometimes consistent returns, as opposed to tireless attempts in beating insurmountable odds.

this is true. Personally, the only benefit I get from buying multi-state and state lottery tickets so far is the fantasy value of what I'd do if I won. I think spending a few dollars here and there to fantasize isn't too bad.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                        Mcminnville, Oregon
                        United States
                        Member #3013
                        December 13, 2003
                        3046 Posts
                        Posted: January 31, 2013, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

this is true. Personally, the only benefit I get from buying multi-state and state lottery tickets so far is the fantasy value of what I'd do if I won. I think spending a few dollars here and there to fantasize isn't too bad.

I totally agree with you whiteballz about the day dreaming what if?  For only a little bit of money powerball lets me dream all thursday, friday and saturday.  What I would do with the money if I got lucky and hit a nice prize in powerball.  Plus it is nice when you do hit some numbers to get back some of the money lost buying into this dream called the lottery.  Good luck to you Whiteballz!-weshar75

US Flag

United States
                          Member #128790
                          June 2, 2012
                          5431 Posts
                          Posted: January 31, 2013, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

I totally agree with you whiteballz about the day dreaming what if?  For only a little bit of money powerball lets me dream all thursday, friday and saturday.  What I would do with the money if I got lucky and hit a nice prize in powerball.  Plus it is nice when you do hit some numbers to get back some of the money lost buying into this dream called the lottery.  Good luck to you Whiteballz!-weshar75

US Flag

Now I'm gonna yell at you !

Are you ready?

lol

Nutley, New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #131058
                            August 1, 2012
                            875 Posts
                            Posted: February 1, 2013, 1:22 am - IP Logged

US Flag

good luck to you too weshar75.

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #92330
                              June 5, 2010
                              887 Posts
                              Posted: February 1, 2013, 10:46 am - IP Logged

I know that, but why have a 'Oh it's never going to be me' mentality?

Some other person playing the game won, with those same statistics. Likely always hearing 'Oh you're never going to win'.

Nothing wrong with having a little optimism.