Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Power of Substitution

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 4 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1394 Posts
Posted: February 5, 2013, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

Power of Substitution

A jackpot game workout strategy for poor folks.

I can't afford to play MegaMillions regularly. But when I do, I like to 'choose' my own combinations (self picks) using a variety of data I've collected and organized into a paper/pencil workout that I call "A Substitution Lottery System with Gap Strategy"

Being what is called a 'low income' person, there is one  important question:
How many dollars can I afford to lose?
Answer: $5

A second question is what specific base structure will I use to guide my lottery number choices?

In other words, which of 62 partial decade  structures will I choose.

My evaluation of structure  tracking charts suggest the next winning combination will have
four decades.

Evaluation of other tracking charts suggest the structure will have at least one B,  C,  E and  F. One
decade will repeat.

Given (from tracking charts)

P1P2             P3P4            P4P5
CE 14             ..  14          D. 19
AE 12            EF 66          DF34
DE 7             CF  12          DE 54
BC  91          D.  30           EF 74
AC  82         CD  36          F. 67
CD  42          C.  5             E. 58
BD  47          DE  43          .. 30
AB  216        F. 48            xxxx
AD  32         DF 26          xxxx
xxxx            CE 19           xxxx
xxxx              E. 49          xxxx

(May not be 100% accurate!)

Based on workout experience, intuition, and other factors (see chart), I choose "BC" for P1P2.
If correct, then P3P4 has to begin with 'D, E, F or .'

I choose "EF"

Therefore, I'm betting that the decade structure for the next winning combination
will be "BCEF," also known as a '4-point structure.'

The method I use to choose specific lottery numbers follows the guidelines I've posted in the LP Systems Forum.
Too much data to repeat it  here.
I've decided to choose 2 digits for each decade.

B - 16 18
C - 25 26
E - 45 49
F - 50 52.

I can play these numbers according to decade structures or via an 8-digit wheel.

Structures (hand picked and balanced)

BCEFF - 16.25.45.50.52
BCEEF - 18.26.45.49.50
BCCEF - 16.25.26.45.52
BBCEF - 16.18.26.49.50
QP

Wheel (5 of 56 possible combinations)

It's said that about 70 percent of the jackpot winners won with a Quick Pick.
I have a dollar for one.

I may risk $10, but chances are that I'll use the structure combinations.

Mega Balls

I have a workout whereby the 46 Mega Ball are divided into 3 groups containing 12 numbers
each, and one group with 10 numbers.
The specific numbers in each group are subject to  change after each drawing.

Based on my analysis, intuition, and other considerations, I've decided that the next Mega Ball will be in Group B - 9.3.15.42.38 .........
I'll used the first 4 for the structure combinations, and add 38 for the wheeled combinations.

There's a saying that applies to lottery play - 'know thyself'

I've never been particularly lucky, so I'm not too keyed up on winning the jackpot.
I'm more interested in the 5of5 for $250,000, which my kids and grand kids will enjoy spending!

I'm not into odds, but, given my past record, there's a good chance I'll strike out.
But, it's always fun to try.

Good luck!

San Angelo, Texas
    United States
    Member #1097
    January 31, 2003
    1394 Posts
    Posted: February 6, 2013, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Power of Substitution - Part 2.

Here are results of 020513 MegaMillions drawing, which was won in Michigan.

02.05.10.26.44 + 46 = AABCE+E = ABCE.

Only had one number - 26.

The MegaBall, 46, is the 10th of 12 numbers in my 'B' group. I chose the top 5.

An aside.

Had I been a member of a 6-member 'WORKING' pool, a 4-point structure
    beginning with 'AB' might have been in the mix. There are six possibilities.
    However, there is no way of knowing if the pool member responsible for Decade A
    would have chosen lottery numbers 2 and 5.

I, as the one and only 'working' member of my pool, obviously misread the 'clues' and chose the wrong numbers for Decades B and E.

Will have to try and do better next time!!

What is a working pool?

This is a group of six dedicated lottery players who have individual responsibilities, such as being the Prime contributor for a specific Decade.

Using my workout, these members would evaluate the trends and clues and use their 'intuition' to choose numbers to play.

There would be a controller who would receive member inputs, form combinations and then
    give each member five combinations to buy.

Six members, 30 combinations, $5 each, $30 total investment.

There is more to it, of course.

Texans have been playing the lottery since 1992.

There are no doubt numerous pools who members rely on Quick Picks.
    I've tried to organize a 'working pool' in my town, without success.
    I've considered a newspaper ad, but I couldn't handle the chaos!!

Folks here apparently have too much invested in what they are doing to consider a change.
    Besides, actually doing some work is not a popular activity. It's best to contribute a dollar
    and let someone else take care of business!

Good luck with the next drawing!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: February 11, 2013, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

Power of Substitution - Part 2.

Here are results of 020513 MegaMillions drawing, which was won in Michigan.

02.05.10.26.44 + 46 = AABCE+E = ABCE.

Only had one number - 26.

The MegaBall, 46, is the 10th of 12 numbers in my 'B' group. I chose the top 5.

An aside.

Had I been a member of a 6-member 'WORKING' pool, a 4-point structure
      beginning with 'AB' might have been in the mix. There are six possibilities.
      However, there is no way of knowing if the pool member responsible for Decade A
      would have chosen lottery numbers 2 and 5.

I, as the one and only 'working' member of my pool, obviously misread the 'clues' and chose the wrong numbers for Decades B and E.

Will have to try and do better next time!!

What is a working pool?

This is a group of six dedicated lottery players who have individual responsibilities, such as being the Prime contributor for a specific Decade.

Using my workout, these members would evaluate the trends and clues and use their 'intuition' to choose numbers to play.

There would be a controller who would receive member inputs, form combinations and then
      give each member five combinations to buy.

Six members, 30 combinations, $5 each, $30 total investment.

There is more to it, of course.

Texans have been playing the lottery since 1992.

There are no doubt numerous pools who members rely on Quick Picks.
      I've tried to organize a 'working pool' in my town, without success.
      I've considered a newspaper ad, but I couldn't handle the chaos!!

Folks here apparently have too much invested in what they are doing to consider a change.
      Besides, actually doing some work is not a popular activity. It's best to contribute a dollar
      and let someone else take care of business!

Good luck with the next drawing!

"I've tried to organize a 'working pool' in my town, without success."

Once you win a jackpot, you won't have a problem organizing a 'working pool'.  Right now such efforts are likely seen as just a way for you to gamble with someone elses money.  Good luck with the next drawing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1394 Posts
        Posted: February 13, 2013, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

"I've tried to organize a 'working pool' in my town, without success."

Once you win a jackpot, you won't have a problem organizing a 'working pool'.  Right now such efforts are likely seen as just a way for you to gamble with someone elses money.  Good luck with the next drawing.

RJOH

Sorry you think pool organizers are engaged in some kind of theft.

Folks who organize and participate in on-going pools usually share the expenses and the rewards.

I think I read one of your posts where you said you 'ran an office pool' but gave it up because it was too much work.
        Were you just using someone elses money for your own advantage??

The 'dollar' crowds are the ones who are taking advantage. They are usually the first in line with their hands out when the
        pool has a large enough win to pay dividends.

In my world, working pools are using whatever tools are available to construct sensible educated 'self picks.'
        They wilingly share the cost and enjoyment that comes from winning via personal effort, not handouts.

I don't play that often. Thanks for your 'good luck' wishes.

Bobby

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: February 13, 2013, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

RJOH

Folks who organize and participate in on-going pools usually share the expenses and the rewards.

I think I read one of your posts where you said you 'ran an office pool' but gave it up because it was too much work.

The 'dollar' crowds are the ones who are taking advantage. They are usually the first in line with their hands out when the

In my world, working pools are using whatever tools are available to construct sensible educated 'self picks.'
          They wilingly share the cost and enjoyment that comes from winning via personal effort, not handouts.

Bobby

No I was in a few office pools before I retired and allowed one to use my software to pick the numbers.  I was asked to run one but I didn't want members of the pool dictating how I played on my own and confusing pool picks with my personal picks and so I turned down the request. 

I enjoyed my experience in them but I always avoided any situations that could produce a lot of drama.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: February 13, 2013, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

No I was in a few office pools before I retired and allowed one to use my software to pick the numbers.  I was asked to run one but I didn't want members of the pool dictating how I played on my own and confusing pool picks with my personal picks and so I turned down the request. 

I enjoyed my experience in them but I always avoided any situations that could produce a lot of drama.

Oph!  I once picked 500 lines for me and nine other co-workers to play but that was a one time deal and I didn't consider that to be like running a pool since I never did it again.

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: February 15, 2013, 12:40 am - IP Logged

RJOH

Bobby

It's usually 'too much work' because you get laggards that you have to chase down to play, and then they decide to skip a game, or two, or three, and that throws off your working chart of games to pick.

On top of that, *IF* you win you will be sued by these laggards, guaranteed.

I would rather just know I have a static number of games to play every drawing, be it 2, or 5, or 8, more than that is a waste.

You learn quick who is ALWAYS in, and even if it is just 3-4 people, just do it with those 3-4 people and keep it quiet.

If someone else wants to start a pool, let them, there are thousands of pools, there are about ten different pools that I know of in my company, and the pool *I* run is the only one that wins money back a fair percentage of time. In four years I have won $100  14 times for us. Yeah, it's still in the red, but who cares?

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: February 15, 2013, 10:29 am - IP Logged

I once created a deal that said pro rata payout, crumbs for me. Crumbs were the cents, payouts were integers only. I had a lot of work with it, finally I printed on the playslips. In the end it was too annoying, to get the cash I had to run from here to there, plus doing the games, the payouts ... .I found out that some people find that they are smart gamblers, and in fact they aren't at all. (...) Best put down the money for a year in advance. No running, no worrying, no rant, no whining ... no comments.

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: February 15, 2013, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

I once created a deal that said pro rata payout, crumbs for me. Crumbs were the cents, payouts were integers only. I had a lot of work with it, finally I printed on the playslips. In the end it was too annoying, to get the cash I had to run from here to there, plus doing the games, the payouts ... .I found out that some people find that they are smart gamblers, and in fact they aren't at all. (...) Best put down the money for a year in advance. No running, no worrying, no rant, no whining ... no comments.

No Pity!GuitarNo Pity!DrumNo Pity!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                    Economy class
                    Belgium
                    Member #123700
                    February 27, 2012
                    4035 Posts
                    Posted: February 15, 2013, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts