Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's up with IL Lucky Day Lotto rollovers?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2013, 9:26 am - IP Logged

I'm wondering why the rollovers this week have been limited to $75,000?  In the past, a jackpot @ 500K that rolled over would be increased a MINIMUM of 150K.  After this many rollovers, today's jackpot SHOULD be in the 800K range. 

I've contacted them to see if this is a policy change or if sales are really that low.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2013, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I'm wondering why the rollovers this week have been limited to $75,000?  In the past, a jackpot @ 500K that rolled over would be increased a MINIMUM of 150K.  After this many rollovers, today's jackpot SHOULD be in the 800K range. 

I've contacted them to see if this is a policy change or if sales are really that low.

Feb.21 update...

Received a response that they would investigate my query and get back to me.  That was 4 days ago and I still have received no response.

I didn't think it was that tough a question.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2013, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

March 4 update...

It took over a fortnight, but they finally answered my email...sorta...

Here is the exchange:

Subject: Lucky Day Lotto rollovers

Dear Sirs,
      I'm wondering why the Lucky Day Lotto jackpot rollovers have been limited to $75,000 the last few days. I've been playing the game since it began and when the jackpot gets this high it always rolls over at least $150,000. Is this a new policy or have sales been that low? Please advise.

Thank You.
      Rick G.
      ___
      Good Day Rick,

Thank you for your recent inquiry.

For each Lotto Game drawing, the Lottery will determine the First Prize amount to be advertised, based upon current and historical sales data. In no event will the amount allocated to the First Prize category be less than $100,000.

For complete game rules click here. For more information on where your money goes click here.

Thank you for contacting us and please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your future lottery needs.

Illinois Lottery Player Support

You did not answer my question, nor is the answer to my question located on your website.

Thank you for your response anyway.

Rick G.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10348 Posts
        Posted: March 12, 2013, 1:50 am - IP Logged

Gee, they didn't even mention the $75,000.

When I called them and asked them how many Exta Shot balls there were for the Lotto drawing the first person I talked to said, "I don't know, let me ask around."

And lotto is apparently locked on a $150,000 rollover.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.