Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

At least it wasnt California or New York

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 4 years ago by OldSchoolPa.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2013, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Someone hit MM in Maryland last night....I wish it was me but Im just glad the winner wasn't in California or New York this time LOL....I personally would like to see another winner from NC mainly me...but what other states havent we seen or you would like to see the Mega Millions hit that hasnt in awhile??

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4108 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2013, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

Bee- its an illusion that Californians are always winning the Big ones, sure they win some, but being the most populated State does not translate into always winning. In fact its noted that Mass & NY run 1st & 2nd with most $$$ spent on the lottery,l think Georgia is up there as well. California pales in comparison when it comes to $$'s spent.
    But- l feel your pain.
    ..Twitch

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
      Member #103786
      January 5, 2011
      486 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2013, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

Bee- its an illusion that Californians are always winning the Big ones, sure they win some, but being the most populated State does not translate into always winning. In fact its noted that Mass & NY run 1st & 2nd with most $$$ spent on the lottery,l think Georgia is up there as well. California pales in comparison when it comes to $$'s spent.
      But- l feel your pain.
      ..Twitch

when it comes to mega california usually sells the most tickets, for the last drawing california sold  $3,052,093, ny sold $1,689,083 worth.

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
        Member #103786
        January 5, 2011
        486 Posts
        Posted: February 20, 2013, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

But I can't wait for Powerball to start in Ca, I'm hoping the xtra sales with allow the jackpot to climb faster especially when its under a $100 million

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
          Columbus, Ohio
          United States
          Member #128906
          June 5, 2012
          591 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2013, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

There's been a few 250k winners in Ohio... seems like every other week.  Keep playing, you never know when your numbers will come up

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4791 Posts
            Posted: February 20, 2013, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

The win was in Maryland and no one wondered if it wasn't our dear friend Mirlande?  So two wins now in the (sort of) DC area...so DC is due next.

J'aime La France.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10351 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2013, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

Not sure if it's MM or PB but Indiana has had the most jp winners for one of those games.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4108 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, Ohio and some of those less populated States apart from CA & NY have had their share of winners as well, kudos to them. Im all for reading about winners who have been hit by hard times and have had their ships come in. Reading about some wealthy money market mgr coming away with over $100 million win makes me shake my head...even though l know the lottery is a level playing  field game.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

"what other states havent we seen or you would like to see the Mega Millions hit that hasnt in awhile??"

I would like to add Oklahoma..... we haven't had a Jackpot winner since joiningBang Head

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4108 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

I vote that the next MM winner come from Oklahoma-infact it is my fervent wish that the winner be You- Dallas.
                    So there: l said it.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: February 20, 2013, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

For the sake of fairness, Californians should have to pay $10 a line for Powerball for the first few years.

I'm sure all fair-minded Californians would agree.

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

For the sake of fairness, Californians should have to pay $10 a line for Powerball for the first few years.

I'm sure all fair-minded Californians would agree.

LOL  I was also thinking the first 10 Jackpot wins from California, should be given to other more needy states, as a professional courtesy.   Big Grin Santa

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
                          New Hampshire
                          United States
                          Member #136492
                          December 12, 2012
                          322 Posts
                          Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

New Hampshire is due for a winner. Either myself or mcginnin56 would be nice.

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

New Hampshire is due for a winner. Either myself or mcginnin56 would be nice.

Yes Nod     Way over due msharkey! 70 million would just about take care of all my debt, with a little leftover to celebrate with.   Party

Good luck to both of us this evening.   Lep

United States
                              Member #130815
                              July 25, 2012
                              1636 Posts
                              Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

But- l feel your pain.
                              ..Twitch

I wasn't going by any of that....I was going by the fact that they were the only state that won 6 times last year and New York won at least 3....No I don't care how much some state spends...its just how many times they hit is what I focus on...LOL