Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Don't Play Lottery with Your Bill Money

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 4 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #137428
January 3, 2013
469 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2013, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Had a friend instead of paying her rent. She went out and bought some scratch offs. Some cash 4 tickets.  Some cash 3 tickets. Some fantasy 5 tickets.  And some Keno tickets.....  She spent $400. And won only $25. She has no strategy about herself.  She plays tag numbers birthdays and addresses.     Now she calling me to see if I know any pawn shops open she has no money to pay her bills.   She also ask me should she buy 1 last 20$ scratch off.......

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
    Kunming
    China
    Member #57910
    January 23, 2008
    3626 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2013, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Had a friend instead of paying her rent. She went out and bought some scratch offs. Some cash 4 tickets.  Some cash 3 tickets. Some fantasy 5 tickets.  And some Keno tickets.....  She spent $400. And won only $25. She has no strategy about herself.  She plays tag numbers birthdays and addresses.     Now she calling me to see if I know any pawn shops open she has no money to pay her bills.   She also ask me should she buy 1 last 20$ scratch off.......

You can't fix stupid! With friends like her...

Play to win!

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40299 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2013, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Not very smart is she ?

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
        Texas
        United States
        Member #92330
        June 5, 2010
        887 Posts
        Posted: February 21, 2013, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

By the sound of it, even if she found a pawn shop open in order to pawn stuff and get bill money she'd end up using it as lottery money again.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
          Columbus, Ohio
          United States
          Member #128906
          June 5, 2012
          591 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2013, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

That's crazy

Maryland
            United States
            Member #126396
            April 8, 2012
            399 Posts
            Posted: February 21, 2013, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Guys, dont judge, I would recommend. I did something crazy like that in my life, not exactly the same situation, but others would call stupid and crazy. It was out of desperation, depression and  hopelessnes. Was not able to control myself, just couldnt. Childhood beliefs and all kind of stuff brought me to wrong desicions.. But I get over it and learned from mistakes.

Pick4ologist, if your frend stupid, probably she was not born this way, she is acting like that from different reasons, probably not a good ones. Although, I dont know for sure...

Also, I would not put my freind story out like that so she would be the reason for the discassion and judgement, may be she needs a help, really, she is your freind, right?

tvpventures....

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: February 22, 2013, 6:41 am - IP Logged

You need to do an intervention ASAP especially if she has kids. Cc

I Love Pink & Green 1908

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19747 Posts
                Posted: February 22, 2013, 6:50 am - IP Logged

Guys, dont judge, I would recommend. I did something crazy like that in my life, not exactly the same situation, but others would call stupid and crazy. It was out of desperation, depression and  hopelessnes. Was not able to control myself, just couldnt. Childhood beliefs and all kind of stuff brought me to wrong desicions.. But I get over it and learned from mistakes.

Pick4ologist, if your frend stupid, probably she was not born this way, she is acting like that from different reasons, probably not a good ones. Although, I dont know for sure...

Also, I would not put my freind story out like that so she would be the reason for the discassion and judgement, may be she needs a help, really, she is your freind, right?

tvpventures....

I Agree!  why don't you help your friend out?

you claim to know so much about winning.LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                  Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #123290
                  February 17, 2012
                  3048 Posts
                  Posted: February 22, 2013, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

tvpventures....

I like your answer tvpventures, very nice, respectful and offering a real solution instead of the

nasty name calling. You seem like a person with a good heart.Smiley

Help your friend out Pick4ologist, tell her don't buy that $20 scratch ticket and use it toward her bills 

she has to pay. Many gamblers have played with money that should have gone to elsewhere.

United States
                    Member #137428
                    January 3, 2013
                    469 Posts
                    Posted: February 22, 2013, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

I dont claim.  Don't hate on me because I have good self esteem.  And you may not... And the moral of story is dont play with your bill money....

United States
                      Member #137428
                      January 3, 2013
                      469 Posts
                      Posted: February 22, 2013, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

I like your answer tvpventures, very nice, respectful and offering a real solution instead of the

nasty name calling. You seem like a person with a good heart.Smiley

Help your friend out Pick4ologist, tell her don't buy that $20 scratch ticket and use it toward her bills 

she has to pay. Many gamblers have played with money that should have gone to elsewhere.

She went and bought 5 jumbo bucks. And a$10 ticket.  She won $100.  So she fell better now....

United States
                        Member #137428
                        January 3, 2013
                        469 Posts
                        Posted: February 22, 2013, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

tvpventures....

Real friends shouldn't let friends drive drunk Either..Cheers  Point of story is learn from others mistakes.....

sharing stories is step 2 of intervention.

Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #123290
                          February 17, 2012
                          3048 Posts
                          Posted: February 22, 2013, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

Real friends shouldn't let friends drive drunk Either..Cheers  Point of story is learn from others mistakes.....

sharing stories is step 2 of intervention.

Well...at least you didn't give out her first and last name so she's anonymous here.

Glad she won that $100 lol

Was the win from the $10 ticket?

United States
                            Member #137428
                            January 3, 2013
                            469 Posts
                            Posted: February 22, 2013, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Yes.  ..... It was the 10$ ticket..... So many people spend dat last dollar on lotto.  Chasing dreams.

Wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #123290
                              February 17, 2012
                              3048 Posts
                              Posted: February 22, 2013, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Yes.  ..... It was the 10$ ticket..... So many people spend dat last dollar on lotto.  Chasing dreams.

That's what I thought, I read a thread on Reddit, there was a lottery employee there answering questions

and he said $10 are good and don't waste your time on $1 scratch tickets.