Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Wheels. Hard enough trapping right numbers,what is the best way to get them on one line?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Japan
Member #131605
August 14, 2012
372 Posts
Posted: March 2, 2013, 1:16 am - IP Logged

I like messing 'round with them in particular the ones on lotterypost.

Seems trying to get all 5 or 6 numbers on one line is harder than trapping them in your givin set hehehehe.

For instance I for fun take a winning number set for FL Lotto or Powerball then ofcourse pick more numbers for a total 18 or 15 or so and wheel them. Now I test an put them all on acending order...then I try descending, then I do a thing like this:

Ex. I have chosen 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 

I will input all numbers 1-7 then put them 15-8  or 15-8 first then ofcourse 1-7 

I have done this about 10 or so times for both games an maybe a few times for others but needless to say never once did the winning numbers appear on the same line. Now ain't that just a back breaker having the right numbers in your set but missing them in your lines from the wheel? lol.lol

Any 'o you have certain ways/methods of input numbers? Which have givin you best results?  I suppose once I find a way to trap the numbers on one line that shall be the way I always enter the numbers. 

Drum

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
    Member #2815
    November 18, 2003
    502 Posts
    Posted: March 2, 2013, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the world of static wheels. What you have observed is the major drawback of wheels found at the internet. They simply don't care how the numbers are positioned within the wheel and each individual block. The solution is the concept of dynamic wheels which are defined using filters. The filters define how a block should be formed and the system should try to make the blocks in such a way that most (if not all) of the produced blocks pass the filters. A good solution is what Stoopendaal has created and posted here at lotterypost. In this approach you import a wheel and set some filters and try to make the assigned numbers to the wheel also pass all the filters without altering the wheel itself. This is good but also has some limitations. An even better approach is to directly build a wheel based on these filters, so the wheel can change in such a way it can pass all the filters and still maintain 100% guarantee. Furthermore, if you target a v,k,t,m construction where m=k you can further reduce the required blocks and still get the desired guarantee provided the winning combination satisfies all the constraints set by the filters.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3104 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2013, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

If you have all the winning numbers among your wheeled numbers and want them to form up on one line you  have to play a full wheel.  Or as lottoarchitect suggests, make a conditional full wheel using filters. Of course then you have to win the filter lottery.

When you play a shortened wheel, and all 6 of the winning numbers fall among those 15 wheeled, it is kind of like you've created a mini 6/15 game with odds of . . .

6 if 6 = 1 in 5005.00
      5 if 6 = 1 in 92.69
      4 if 6 = 1 in 9.27
      3 if 6 = 1 in 2.98

So you can see the size of the jump necessary to take if from a 3 or 4 number win to a 5 or 6.

One thing you can do is map the wheel, plug in your pointers say 01-15 and see if what pointers form a set of six for example if 01-02-03-04-05-06 goes to positions 01-02-03-04-05-06 then you know by dropping your top or best six picks in the first six positions they will form a winning line if your best picks are winners.

Another thing is to play a wheel made of pairing off three number blocks.

01-02-03 | 04-05-06 | 07-08-09 | 10-11-12 | 13-14-15 |

01-02-03 04-05-06
      01-02-03 07-08-09
      01-02-03 10-11-12
      01-02-03 13-14-15
      04-05-06 07-08-09
      04-05-06 10-11-12
      04-05-06 13-14-15
      07-08-09 10-11-12
      07-08-09 13-14-15
      10-11-12 13-14-15

While this wheel only has a (15,6,3,6)=10 guarantee, if any two blocks have all six winning numbers among them, it's a jackpot!

BobP

JAP69's avatar - alas
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #6
        November 4, 2001
        8790 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2013, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Try pick 6 lottery wheels in lottery post systems.

MAGA

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2013, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Am Anfang war das Licht!

The only way to get it right for sure with a set of numbers is to play a full wheel. As you are probably bad at guessing the right numbers, you probably will not use full wheels.

You can get full wheels by LP, put them in Excel, split the strings to cells. Activate the filter and select your choice. Using Excel you can add as many filters as there are columns. Do you have enough with over 1000 columns?

If you want to filter by sums, you can add a column with =sum(cells:cells) and filter that. You can imagine and create your own filters, totally independant from commercial programs.

I had simulated, not playing many 14 number wheels that contained the 6 right numbers for the local 6/42. My budget was around 6 to 14 USD (/EUR) at the time. I also caught 5 plus the reserve number with 10 numbers, and got 5/6 in one line. I had several 5 in 10 and 5 in 11, that paid, I think, from around 50 to 150 EUR. The best in simulation was a 6 in 11.

Most published methods to select numbers end up in 50% payouts when you are lucky. If you sell wheels to millions of people, surely one can win a big pot, the others pay.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: March 2, 2013, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Improving your skills at picking a smaller number pool with all the winning numbers is one way to have more winning numbers on the same line when wheeling but that is even harder so I've been working on an easier alternative.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: March 2, 2013, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

If God owes you a favor for numerous good deeds, ask him to give you that line via your next dream.  Blue Angel

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
                Member #2815
                November 18, 2003
                502 Posts
                Posted: March 2, 2013, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

If you have all the winning numbers among your wheeled numbers and want them to form up on one line you  have to play a full wheel.  Or as lottoarchitect suggests, make a conditional full wheel using filters. Of course then you have to win the filter lottery.

Actually I didn't suggest a conditional full wheel, the wheel is still abbreviated and offers 100% guarantee. The difference is each block is formed in such a way that fully passes all the defined filters. Of course this now turns into a "filter lottery" competition. To make it simple I'll use an example.

If e.g. we believe the actual winning combination will return a sum in the range of 100-200, playing a wheel that has blocks outside that range isn't productive given our feeling. A static wheel will produce blocks like 1 2 3 4 5 6, a filter driven construction will not have such blocks in there and it will use blocks that have the sum 100-200. Perhaps sums might not be the best example. What about decades? We don't want e.g. more than 3 numbers to be within any decade. A static wheel will have 4 or 5 or more numbers from the same decade in several of its blocks. A filter driven construction however will not have such blocks and still offer the 100% guarantee. If it is possible or not to achieve 100%, depends on the defined filters but I believe the idea and the concept is clear. Therefore by eliminating combinations that we feel they'll not show up (but they will definitely be in a static wheel), we give room to combinations that form what I call "looks like a winning ticket" and these will be exclusively used to make the wheel.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: March 2, 2013, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

If God owes you a favor for numerous good deeds, ask him to give you that line via your next dream.  Blue Angel

How does that work?  Do you or God keep track of your good deeds ?  And can you collect on request?

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: March 2, 2013, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

We both keep track.

Within 24 hours of request. +/-  2% margin of accuracy, depending on interference from solar flares, black holes or spiritual abnormalities.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19830 Posts
                      Posted: March 2, 2013, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

We both keep track.

Within 24 hours of request. +/-  2% margin of accuracy, depending on interference from solar flares, black holes or spiritual abnormalities.

Sounds like a plan but wouldn't work for me.  I probably wouldn't remember dreaming about the numbers until I sawed them posted after a drawing.  In fact I something get the feeling when I see winning numbers posted I've seen them somewhere before.

Evil Looking