Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Method of lotto draw

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rowlettewheel.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Johnston City
United States
Member #139776
March 3, 2013
2 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2013, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

I am curious as to why so many lotteries have apparently  switched to letting computer draw the numbers rather than the old way of having the ping pong balls select the numbers.   It seems to me it is wide open to cheating by the various lotteries when it is computer selected since it would be very easy for the various lottery operators to simply write a program to determine what sets of numbers have not been drawn and let one of those be the winning numbers thereby making the jackpot grow everyone knows once it starts growing more and more people play it and play more than one ticket making those huge jackpots.  I think it should be investigated and they should all be required to go back to the old method of drawing the numbers .

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2013, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

I am curious as to why so many lotteries have apparently  switched to letting computer draw the numbers rather than the old way of having the ping pong balls select the numbers.   It seems to me it is wide open to cheating by the various lotteries when it is computer selected since it would be very easy for the various lottery operators to simply write a program to determine what sets of numbers have not been drawn and let one of those be the winning numbers thereby making the jackpot grow everyone knows once it starts growing more and more people play it and play more than one ticket making those huge jackpots.  I think it should be investigated and they should all be required to go back to the old method of drawing the numbers .

Welcome to Lottery Post, bigbobh, and best of luck to ya.

A lot of us agree with you about the fake computer drawings.

Make sure you sign the petition on the left side down the page a bit.

Good luck!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2013, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP  bigbobhThumbs Up

Computer drawingsBang Head

I Love Pink & Green 1908

CHERRY HILL, NJ
        United States
        Member #130213
        July 9, 2012
        387 Posts
        Posted: March 3, 2013, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

No system is exempt from the opportunity for cheating which is why vigilance is required from stakeholders; players, beneficiaries and the states. However, I think computers are the future. Everyone is aware that the future of gaming belongs to the next generation who are computer savvy. They not only are familiar with the medium but have been polled and found to be from higher economic strata (richer) and just as interested as  those of the older generation.

NY already has the quick draw where theres a drawing every 4 minutes. NJ just approved online gaming. The State Lotteries are just waiting for the chance to jump in and join the fray.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2013, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

No system is exempt from the opportunity for cheating which is why vigilance is required from stakeholders; players, beneficiaries and the states. However, I think computers are the future. Everyone is aware that the future of gaming belongs to the next generation who are computer savvy. They not only are familiar with the medium but have been polled and found to be from higher economic strata (richer) and just as interested as  those of the older generation.

NY already has the quick draw where theres a drawing every 4 minutes. NJ just approved online gaming. The State Lotteries are just waiting for the chance to jump in and join the fray.

It's much easier to cheat with a computer and much, much easier to cover your tracks afterward.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Johnston City
            United States
            Member #139776
            March 3, 2013
            2 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2013, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for pointing out the petition I did not notice it before I put my post up.  I have signed it. 

Bob H

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2013, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I demonstrate against computer simulated drawings by not playing games that have them.  So far it's working because most of Ohio's games use random balls for their drawings and they are shown on TV.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                6290 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2013, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Oklahoma has a game called Cash 5 where you can win $25,000 taxes paid. It's the hardest game to win. This game goes months & months without a winnerBang Head

My hubby tells me don't waste my time on Cash 5 Argue

Every game Oklahoma has except Mega & Powerball are computer generated even my favorite game Hot LottoBang Head

I Love Pink & Green 1908

LAKE HAVASU AZ
                  United States
                  Member #44729
                  August 8, 2006
                  446 Posts
                  Posted: March 4, 2013, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

welcome aboard the crazy train of lotteryParty...lol

and yes 99.5% agreeI Agree!.......bring back the ping pong balls.....there is an over abundents of them ,kids playing BEER PONG WITH THEM , instead of qtr bounce

some day....some day