Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question for those who use LSA software..

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Developer.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Maryland
United States
Member #126396
April 8, 2012
402 Posts
Posted: March 4, 2013, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Guys, if someone can help me to understand how to do manual updates for lotterys draws. The softwares live update not up date normaly, it is normally behind..But for manual update the file reqire specific format, that in official sites they dont have this format. And I ahve to update up to 50 draws with days of the week too.

Can anyone claify how you guys do in it? I am trying to ask for help from anyone who curenty use this software..

Thanks in advance..

tvpventures..

United States
    Member #105312
    January 29, 2011
    435 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2013, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Good luck on it.  You're right, he quit updating the databases a year or two ago.  My thought is he might have died or just grown weary of it all.  But a standard text editor will put what he does still put out if you get it in print format. 

As for those updates, I ceased using the database there for a lot of what was coming from it toward the end of the site updating.  I found a lot of the database was flawed and a person couldn't depend on the older draws it spat out bearing any relationship to anything actually drawn on that date.

The daily custom results here are a good way of daily updating, though you do need a text editor.  I'm fond of Ultra-edit.  But I also use NoteTab Light [paid version] for a lot of simpler text editing from some of the other sites. 

If you do a few websearches you can find a good many sites for relatively easy updating and dependable data.  One site gives out a year-deep and updates daily.  Another you can get updates a month at a shot from each lottery.  Neither of those sites offer any unnecessary challenges insofar as converting the text to a format EXCEL can import.

Good luck.

ValidationAll statements made above are accurate, precise, lucid and sometimes supported by factoids written down somewhere.

clifford1944's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Broken Arrow Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #85721
      January 21, 2010
      160 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2013, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Go to top Windows / Main Window ( this is up on top next to Draws).  Then on the bottom left is a black house.  Just to the right of it is a button, click it.  This opens the file.    Goto the bottom of the file.  You should enter the data like this:  (pick 5 with no power number)

13 15 17 27 34 03/02/13 Sat
      06 12 21 24 31 03/03/13 Sun
      03 13 15 17 36 03/04/13 Mon

If you have like the Mega Millions the last number is the power number:

09 13 24 38 49 30 02/22/13 Fri
      06 07 13 15 43 07 02/26/13 Tue
      17 30 38 43 51 20 03/01/13 Fri

Save the file and reopen LSA and it will be refreshed.

Home, home where I wanted to be.

Maryland
        United States
        Member #126396
        April 8, 2012
        402 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2013, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Go to top Windows / Main Window ( this is up on top next to Draws).  Then on the bottom left is a black house.  Just to the right of it is a button, click it.  This opens the file.    Goto the bottom of the file.  You should enter the data like this:  (pick 5 with no power number)

13 15 17 27 34 03/02/13 Sat
        06 12 21 24 31 03/03/13 Sun
        03 13 15 17 36 03/04/13 Mon

If you have like the Mega Millions the last number is the power number:

09 13 24 38 49 30 02/22/13 Fri
        06 07 13 15 43 07 02/26/13 Tue
        17 30 38 43 51 20 03/01/13 Fri

Save the file and reopen LSA and it will be refreshed.

Thanks,

Yes, I know where to go for manual data update, I dont have exact format for this software file and I have to do up to 50 updates or so. ..

I purchased this software twice due to my hard drive change and I see some good possibilities in it, but I cant properly use it due to draws not up to date and honestly, sorry, Developer, I think the name here, I did not want to put it out here, but costumer service not so quick in responce..and sometimes not at all..

tvpventures...

Maryland
          United States
          Member #126396
          April 8, 2012
          402 Posts
          Posted: March 5, 2013, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

Good luck on it.  You're right, he quit updating the databases a year or two ago.  My thought is he might have died or just grown weary of it all.  But a standard text editor will put what he does still put out if you get it in print format. 

As for those updates, I ceased using the database there for a lot of what was coming from it toward the end of the site updating.  I found a lot of the database was flawed and a person couldn't depend on the older draws it spat out bearing any relationship to anything actually drawn on that date.

The daily custom results here are a good way of daily updating, though you do need a text editor.  I'm fond of Ultra-edit.  But I also use NoteTab Light [paid version] for a lot of simpler text editing from some of the other sites. 

If you do a few websearches you can find a good many sites for relatively easy updating and dependable data.  One site gives out a year-deep and updates daily.  Another you can get updates a month at a shot from each lottery.  Neither of those sites offer any unnecessary challenges insofar as converting the text to a format EXCEL can import.

Good luck.

JosephusMinimus,

So as I understand from your post, you saying I need special program to actualy to change one format to another? Pease, correct me if I am wrong.. So text editor woud change the format lets say, from Mega Million site draws, where I can copy it, and it will change it to the format that I need?

Thanks,

tvpventures..

United States
            Member #105312
            January 29, 2011
            435 Posts
            Posted: March 5, 2013, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

tpventures:  I'm not certain I'm answering the same questions you're answering.  I haven't been to the MM site in a longish while, so I'm not certain how they offer up downloads of their [past?  most recent?] draws.

The Texas Lottery [Official] site offers direct downloads into EXCEL for PB, MM, as does the NC official site, for instance, and when I can I use those.  The Texas EXEL download gives the dates with the month, day and year in separate columns, but it converts to a single column using the formula,  =DATE(2013,3,5), so it isn't a problem making that conversion right inside EXCEL.

The reason for the text editor for my particular purposes is removing various spaces, standardizing delimiters frequently found in downloads prior to importing them to EXCEL.  I might be doing something wrong -- everything I know is self-taught.  But I find there's not a lot of standardization from site to site in the way they offer downloads and the way I eventually came to deal with it all was the text editor, specifically Ultra-Edit. 

EU reveals visually whatever characters, format instructions and whatnot come down with the download and allows you to deal with them.  Otherwise things frequently end up in the wrong columns, numbers separated by dashes as delimiters get read as 1/1/1900 [date], etc, unless you remember to specify a dash as a delimiter when you import.  And if you do specify it as a delimiter and the date digits are also separated by dashes between the day, month and year, you end up with day, month and year in separate columns as opposed to a single column.

But I'm not certain you and I are near enough being on the same page in what we do in these matters to allow what I'm saying to be of any benefit to you.

ValidationAll statements made above are accurate, precise, lucid and sometimes supported by factoids written down somewhere.

Maryland
              United States
              Member #126396
              April 8, 2012
              402 Posts
              Posted: March 5, 2013, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

tpventures:  I'm not certain I'm answering the same questions you're answering.  I haven't been to the MM site in a longish while, so I'm not certain how they offer up downloads of their [past?  most recent?] draws.

The Texas Lottery [Official] site offers direct downloads into EXCEL for PB, MM, as does the NC official site, for instance, and when I can I use those.  The Texas EXEL download gives the dates with the month, day and year in separate columns, but it converts to a single column using the formula,  =DATE(2013,3,5), so it isn't a problem making that conversion right inside EXCEL.

The reason for the text editor for my particular purposes is removing various spaces, standardizing delimiters frequently found in downloads prior to importing them to EXCEL.  I might be doing something wrong -- everything I know is self-taught.  But I find there's not a lot of standardization from site to site in the way they offer downloads and the way I eventually came to deal with it all was the text editor, specifically Ultra-Edit. 

EU reveals visually whatever characters, format instructions and whatnot come down with the download and allows you to deal with them.  Otherwise things frequently end up in the wrong columns, numbers separated by dashes as delimiters get read as 1/1/1900 [date], etc, unless you remember to specify a dash as a delimiter when you import.  And if you do specify it as a delimiter and the date digits are also separated by dashes between the day, month and year, you end up with day, month and year in separate columns as opposed to a single column.

But I'm not certain you and I are near enough being on the same page in what we do in these matters to allow what I'm saying to be of any benefit to you.

Well, Mega million offficial site or Maryland Lottery site dont really offer any downloads. I just would have to sopy and paste. Powerball site offers I think plain text format and also microsoft excel, but the draws how they came they have to be reformat to LCA software file anyway..Cause for LSA we need to update draws in specific order..Added days of weeks and etc..That is what I was asking if ultra edit would do that.. ?

Anyway, Thanks for your respond..I wish the software would just be live updated up to date and would be no problems then..

tvpventures..

United States
                Member #105312
                January 29, 2011
                435 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2013, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, the site was good for P4, P5 and jackpot draws.  I had a purchased version of the software and exchanged a number of emails with the guy about the pick 3 anomalies.  He was helpful, friendly, responsive, generally a pleasure to deal with.

I kept checking back for a longish while after he stopped updating, just to see if he was doing it again.  Never happened.

I hope he just got tired of the hassles and is otherwise okay.

His name, by the way, is or was, Joe.  His email is or was CDEX at AOL.  If you try contacting him and learn anything I'd be obliged to know.

Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #126396
                  April 8, 2012
                  402 Posts
                  Posted: March 6, 2013, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, the site was good for P4, P5 and jackpot draws.  I had a purchased version of the software and exchanged a number of emails with the guy about the pick 3 anomalies.  He was helpful, friendly, responsive, generally a pleasure to deal with.

I kept checking back for a longish while after he stopped updating, just to see if he was doing it again.  Never happened.

I hope he just got tired of the hassles and is otherwise okay.

His name, by the way, is or was, Joe.  His email is or was CDEX at AOL.  If you try contacting him and learn anything I'd be obliged to know.

I tried to contact this person , if he/she would respond I woud not come up here for questions.. Anyway, if something come up or I will hear from "costumer support" I will definatey let you know..

tvpventures..

Developer's avatar - logo2 small.jpg
                    Somerset
                    United Kingdom
                    Member #9710
                    December 17, 2004
                    184 Posts
                    Posted: March 9, 2013, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

I might have died?

No sorry still here.

The problem I constantly see with update issues nearly always comes down to security on the users machine.

Under Windows Vista,Windows 7 and Windows 8 Microsoft implemented a system level security called UAC (Google it)

Now this prevents software writing to your hard disk without user permission.

This has stopped the once seen overnight world wide spread of viruses, but plays havoke with many programs that need to write to the hard disk.

LSA downloads a file from the web server and writes it to your hard drive, UAC stops this action if you have not told Windows your happy LSA can do this..

Simple solution run LSA as an administrator, here is the link to my support page explaining how to do this.

http://www.lsa-lottery-software.com/How_to_Run_LSA_as_an_Administrator.htm

JosephusMinimus are you talking about LSA? the site has always been up?

Anyone having update problems with LSA please follow the link above and follow the instructions, you will then find you can update.

It has been said every software has a bug in it, it has also been said that every program can be reduced by one line of code.

There for any program can be reduced to 1 line that dont work.

Somerset
                      United Kingdom
                      Member #9710
                      December 17, 2004
                      184 Posts
                      Posted: March 9, 2013, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

Also see http://www.lsa-lottery-software.com/Update_Draws_Manually.htm for how to update LSA manually and information on the format of the file.

Thanks

Jamie

It has been said every software has a bug in it, it has also been said that every program can be reduced by one line of code.

Somerset
                        United Kingdom
                        Member #9710
                        December 17, 2004
                        184 Posts
                        Posted: March 9, 2013, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I think there has been a little misunderstanding here JosephusMinimus is talking about some other software, what is MM?

LSA database files are plain text files opened in, and edited in Notepad.

LSA does not use Excel or interface with Excel.

Jamie

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: March 9, 2013, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

I think there has been a little misunderstanding here JosephusMinimus is talking about some other software, what is MM?

Jamie

MM is MegaMillions.

Somerset
                            United Kingdom
                            Member #9710
                            December 17, 2004
                            184 Posts
                            Posted: March 9, 2013, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Thanks LottoBoner should have thought of that.

Jamie

MonEl's avatar - 24zd6s0

United States
                              Member #132100
                              August 26, 2012
                              1108 Posts
                              Posted: March 10, 2013, 12:29 am - IP Logged

Jamie

Jamie

Seems as if JosephusMinimus was taking about "Lottery Director".