Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scratch-off odds - going up?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 4 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
North Carolina
United States
Member #64582
September 1, 2008
347 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2013, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

I've been watching the North Carolina scratch-off page. It seems to me that the odds are getting worse and worse.

It used to be around 1 in 3.68 was the odds for the cheap games. Now I'm seeing 1 in 4.88 for a $1 scratch-off!! I'm sure soon it will be over 5!

Are these changes happening everywhere - or just North Carolina?

It really makes me mad!!

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

Romancandle's avatar - moon
    Upacreek
    United States
    Member #136306
    December 8, 2012
    429 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2013, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

1 in 4.88 (overall odds) for my most recent $1 scratcher in IL... only games left in 1 in 3 range are $3 and up... best odds are on the $20 scratchers, but based on my results, I find it hard to believe... break even tickets seem to be the rate "big wins" lately in that price pointDead

IL website is also taking their sweet time updating remaining prizes- shame on you ILBS

Think I'm gonna take a little siesta from playing...

-RC

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2013, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

I've been watching the North Carolina scratch-off page. It seems to me that the odds are getting worse and worse.

It used to be around 1 in 3.68 was the odds for the cheap games. Now I'm seeing 1 in 4.88 for a $1 scratch-off!! I'm sure soon it will be over 5!

Are these changes happening everywhere - or just North Carolina?

It really makes me mad!!

If the odds are bad with scratchers, and there's no way to improve them, "Move On" is what I say. Play Pick-3 games.

You have more control of the outcome by studying the p-3 and playing the combos accordingly, as opposed to trusting blind luck with scratchers.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19911 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2013, 12:29 am - IP Logged

If the odds are bad with scratchers, and there's no way to improve them, "Move On" is what I say. Play Pick-3 games.

You have more control of the outcome by studying the p-3 and playing the combos accordingly, as opposed to trusting blind luck with scratchers.

I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman