Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Fantasy 5 Ticket to Expire

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 4 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2013, 12:20 am - IP Logged

I want to start banging my head against the wall when I turn on the news and hear "if you're holding the winning ticket drawn on 9/12/2012...."

This is at least the second time this year that a Florida Fantasy-5 jackpot worth more than $200,000 has gone unclaimed, as far as I know.  Anyone have a clue why this happens so much?   

I'd be happy just winning the money back that I've spent over the past 20 years, so when I just heard again last night that nobody has come forward and a pick-5 ticket worth $233,570.43 (just one winner) will expire on Monday at midnight, I started shaking my head.  Did they lose the ticket?  Die?  Throw it away? 

I usually don't pay much attention to this, since I check my tickets regularly, but the ticket was purchased in a local Publix supermarket I pass all the time.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10392 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2013, 2:01 am - IP Logged

Let's look at the possibilities;

Tourist buys ticket, goes to Everglades and rides airboat, ticket blows out of pocket and alligator eats it.

Scared

or

One of the four people that were in line to buy Miami Marlins season tickets when they went on sale (this is true, four people showed up) lost the ticket when they took their money out of their wallet.

or

A snowbird tucked the ticket away somewhere and forgot about it.

or

The lottery conpiracy buffs are right and Florida is the first state to start using paper that dissolves if a ticket is a winner! This is really advanced technology and the paper that the ticket is prinited on has a micro - micro RFID chip. Thus far 'they' are just experimenting with tickets that are about to expire. This is all still in beta.

:Tin hat:

Scared

or

?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: March 11, 2013, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Tickets that dissolve?  LOL    So that's what happens to my keys!  LOL

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10392 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2013, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

The Weekly World News, when it had hard copies, once did an artilce on "spasoids" - they're like lerprchuans but they get a real kick out of hiding things on you.

Justx,

I can't believe you didn't use this emotie  Bang Head   with this,

"I want to start banging my head against the wall when I turn on the news and hear "if you're holding the winning ticket drawn on 9/12/2012...."

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: March 12, 2013, 3:44 am - IP Logged

There's another Fantasy 5 ticket that will expire on March 15th in Pensacola for over $171,000.   I don't get it. 

I don't know if the one I mentioned above expired at midnight or if someone claimed it.   I don't see anything about it in the news.