Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:00 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you play draw games and scratchers or just draw games and which ones?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 4 years ago by JoshUK.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: March 15, 2013, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Hi again,

Just curious to what people play. Do some people play both draw games and scratchers and which draw games and what dollar amount for scratch tickets do people play?  I play both draw games and scratchers. I play MM and PB with the multiplier and Powerplay option. Play Mass Cash, cost is a dollar to play (that game is played 7 days a week). On Mass Cash I play it every now and then but not daily. Lucky for Life the draw game that has a main prize of 1000 a day for life but costs 2.00 I played it for the first 2 months when it first came out in Feb. of 2012 but never won anything and didn't like the fact that if you got 5 numbers instead of 6 numbers you won 25,000. On Mass Cash if you get all 5 numbers out of 35 numbers you get 100,000 so it didn't make as much sense for me to keep playing the Lucky for Life Game. I have noticed that noone has won the main prize for Lucky for Life in over 6 months or longer. I have been a Quick Pick person but now am going to to try to pick my numbers more often. As far as scratchers it varies. Sometimes I will play more of the 2 and 5 dollar scratchers, other times will try a 10 or 20 dollar one.  Since 2 people in my town have won the big jackpots on scratchers in the last year I've been wondering if I should play in other towns since I do believe the likelihood of another big winner on a scratcher in my town might be unlikely. I'm still playing in my town for now since I would be happy with any wins but have also gone to other towns as well to play (no luck with that). Sorry for the long post.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6305 Posts
    Posted: March 15, 2013, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Draw games for me because Oklahoma scratchers SUX. I play powerball, with power-play mega with megaply and hot lotto no sizzle.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: March 15, 2013, 10:33 am - IP Logged

I play MM and PB w/no multiplier or powerplay. I prefer extra lines to the multipliers. Scratchers are not much fun to me, so I only buy 1 or 2 tickets in the course of a year, or even a few years.

United States
        Member #122468
        February 1, 2012
        530 Posts
        Posted: March 15, 2013, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Draw games for me because Oklahoma scratchers SUX. I play powerball, with power-play mega with megaply and hot lotto no sizzle.

Hi dallascowboyfan,

I understand why you don't play scratchers in your state. You replied on another post that your top prize for scratchers is 50K that's nuts. Seems we have the PB and MM in common both of us play with the Powerplay and Megaplier. I  play that way because if I ever got 5 numbers on MM and didn't play the Multiplier then I would get 250k instead of 1 million and would be kicking myself for not playing with that extra dollar. The same with PB for the extra dollar you can get 2 million instead of 1 million and 40 thousand instead of 10,000 if you get 4 numbers plus the pb number. What is Hot Lotto?

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          42075 Posts
          Posted: March 15, 2013, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Mostly 3 digit, and mega-powerball, sometimes I will get a scratcher and I do like raffles, and bluberry waffles.

HyperBe Happy.

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: March 15, 2013, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Hi again,

Just curious to what people play. Do some people play both draw games and scratchers and which draw games and what dollar amount for scratch tickets do people play?  I play both draw games and scratchers. I play MM and PB with the multiplier and Powerplay option. Play Mass Cash, cost is a dollar to play (that game is played 7 days a week). On Mass Cash I play it every now and then but not daily. Lucky for Life the draw game that has a main prize of 1000 a day for life but costs 2.00 I played it for the first 2 months when it first came out in Feb. of 2012 but never won anything and didn't like the fact that if you got 5 numbers instead of 6 numbers you won 25,000. On Mass Cash if you get all 5 numbers out of 35 numbers you get 100,000 so it didn't make as much sense for me to keep playing the Lucky for Life Game. I have noticed that noone has won the main prize for Lucky for Life in over 6 months or longer. I have been a Quick Pick person but now am going to to try to pick my numbers more often. As far as scratchers it varies. Sometimes I will play more of the 2 and 5 dollar scratchers, other times will try a 10 or 20 dollar one.  Since 2 people in my town have won the big jackpots on scratchers in the last year I've been wondering if I should play in other towns since I do believe the likelihood of another big winner on a scratcher in my town might be unlikely. I'm still playing in my town for now since I would be happy with any wins but have also gone to other towns as well to play (no luck with that). Sorry for the long post.

I play both but with the scratchers I usually only play the $20, and the $10 ones they usually have better odds...PB and MM I play regularly every draw...

United States
              Member #122468
              February 1, 2012
              530 Posts
              Posted: March 15, 2013, 10:50 am - IP Logged

I play MM and PB w/no multiplier or powerplay. I prefer extra lines to the multipliers. Scratchers are not much fun to me, so I only buy 1 or 2 tickets in the course of a year, or even a few years.

Hi Ronnie316,

I understand why you don't play the powerplay if it means you get extra lines to play. I feel compelled to play the powerplay and multiplier. It's great that you only buy 1 or 2 scracth tickets a year, think of all the money you have saved by not buying those.

United States
                Member #122468
                February 1, 2012
                530 Posts
                Posted: March 15, 2013, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Mostly 3 digit, and mega-powerball, sometimes I will get a scratcher and I do like raffles, and bluberry waffles.

Hi sully16,

I like Blueberry pancakes too, lol.

United States
                  Member #122468
                  February 1, 2012
                  530 Posts
                  Posted: March 15, 2013, 10:53 am - IP Logged

I play both but with the scratchers I usually only play the $20, and the $10 ones they usually have better odds...PB and MM I play regularly every draw...

Hi billoinare2bee,

So you play the 10 and 20 dollar scratchers because of the better odds as you say. I haven't had much luck with the 10 dollar scratchers.

Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #78798
                    August 21, 2009
                    336 Posts
                    Posted: March 15, 2013, 11:45 am - IP Logged

I mostly play the draw games. I stopped buying scratch tickets. I used to play numbers game a lot, 3 exact $1 and $2 bets. but not anymore. I have not won anything on numbers game since december 2010. But I play Powerball (sometimes with Powerplay), Mega Millions, Megabucks Doubler and Lucky for Life every draw. I play mass cash every draw too but I havent bought a ticket in 2 days and wont buy one until maybe 4 more days/draws. I been try to save me money for the other games. I really wish I can win a big prize soon, I would love to win lucky for life.

United States
                      Member #122468
                      February 1, 2012
                      530 Posts
                      Posted: March 15, 2013, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I mostly play the draw games. I stopped buying scratch tickets. I used to play numbers game a lot, 3 exact $1 and $2 bets. but not anymore. I have not won anything on numbers game since december 2010. But I play Powerball (sometimes with Powerplay), Mega Millions, Megabucks Doubler and Lucky for Life every draw. I play mass cash every draw too but I havent bought a ticket in 2 days and wont buy one until maybe 4 more days/draws. I been try to save me money for the other games. I really wish I can win a big prize soon, I would love to win lucky for life.

Hi Genome,

I see we play some of the same draw games but I don't play Megabucks and rarely play Lucky for Life. How have you been doing on Mass Cash and Luck for Life games? The most I've won on Mass Cash was 10 dollars by getting 3 numbers. I'm surprised I don't win more often on Mass Cash since there are only 35 numbers in the drawpool.

Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #78798
                        August 21, 2009
                        336 Posts
                        Posted: March 15, 2013, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Hi Genome,

I see we play some of the same draw games but I don't play Megabucks and rarely play Lucky for Life. How have you been doing on Mass Cash and Luck for Life games? The most I've won on Mass Cash was 10 dollars by getting 3 numbers. I'm surprised I don't win more often on Mass Cash since there are only 35 numbers in the drawpool.

I havent won anything more than $5 on Lucky for life and I won $10 on mass cash recently. Thats it. I really wish I could win a big prize like the megabucks or lucky for life jackpot, or the sencond place prize in powerball. I would be in Braintree that next morning to claim my prize. I don't care about remaining anonomyous.

United States
                          Member #122468
                          February 1, 2012
                          530 Posts
                          Posted: March 15, 2013, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

I havent won anything more than $5 on Lucky for life and I won $10 on mass cash recently. Thats it. I really wish I could win a big prize like the megabucks or lucky for life jackpot, or the sencond place prize in powerball. I would be in Braintree that next morning to claim my prize. I don't care about remaining anonomyous.

Hi Genome,

Like yourself I too would love to win any big prize  (even a small prize I'd take). I wish our state would allow us to be anonymous but even so I'd gladly take the jackpot, lol. If I ever won a jackpot would only tell my immediate family and would seek out financial advice  (getting a lawyer, accountant in place)before coming forward. Genome good luck to you.

Japan
                            Member #131605
                            August 14, 2012
                            372 Posts
                            Posted: March 15, 2013, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Every so often I play/played scrathers.

But..I rather use my lotto money on draw games. Powerball, FL Lotto...an soon Mega Millions.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                              u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19964 Posts
                              Posted: March 15, 2013, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

WE ARE ALL WINNERS!! Party

Let it Snow Snowman