Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 2:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Finally!

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 4 years ago by shyguitar.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Big Stone Gap, VA
United States
Member #108912
April 2, 2011
68 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2013, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been on here, mainly because where I'm located scratchoffs are not kind. I've been bitching about VA tickets ever since I got back in this state. Well last night my luck took a little for the better as I was able to score $500 on a $5 ticket. Then today hit for another $100 on a $20. Both came out the same vending machine at Scotchman's. I was definitely chasing the $500 last night as I had bought 6 straight duds and only had a $50 bill left, so I asked the store clerk if he could break it. He said no, so I went down the road to another store and bought a candy bar and came right back to that machine because I was pissed and was determined to win at least $5, geesh! Lo and behold a symbol! I really miss Florida but from what I'm reading, looks FL is not being kind either. Oh well, happy winnings to all!

Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #109275
    April 9, 2011
    1503 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2013, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been on here, mainly because where I'm located scratchoffs are not kind. I've been bitching about VA tickets ever since I got back in this state. Well last night my luck took a little for the better as I was able to score $500 on a $5 ticket. Then today hit for another $100 on a $20. Both came out the same vending machine at Scotchman's. I was definitely chasing the $500 last night as I had bought 6 straight duds and only had a $50 bill left, so I asked the store clerk if he could break it. He said no, so I went down the road to another store and bought a candy bar and came right back to that machine because I was pissed and was determined to win at least $5, geesh! Lo and behold a symbol! I really miss Florida but from what I'm reading, looks FL is not being kind either. Oh well, happy winnings to all!

Nice hits. Virginia is the only state I am ahead in. 15-20 years ago on the way to Myrtle Beach I got 2 tickets and one hit $50. Sometimes chasing pays off and isn't as bad to chase on $5 as $20's. Sucks the guy wouldnt break it for you. If you left he got nothing. If you put it all back in, then he gets $2.50(going off Pa's 5%) just for making change.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2013, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Nice wins madscratch good jobHurray!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
        Member #122468
        February 1, 2012
        530 Posts
        Posted: March 18, 2013, 8:53 am - IP Logged

Hi Madscratch11,

Congrats on the wins. I've never won more than 200 dollars on a scratch ticket so winning 500 dollars is fantastic.