Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My opinion about Florida joining Mega Millions.

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 4 years ago by haymaker.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Navarre, Florida
United States
Member #12806
March 22, 2005
16 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2013, 1:18 am - IP Logged

I just recently heard the exciting news that Mega Millions is comming to Florida and I want to voice my opinion about it.  From what I read, it is due to the overwealming demand from Florida Lottery players and retailers wanting Mega Millions here in Florida due to the world record $640 Million jackpot last year.  The Florida Lottery is just going to go ahead and join Mega Millions, not even needing Governor Rick Scott's aproval.  I know that back in 1999, Governor Jeb Bush banned the Florida Lottery from joining any Multi-State lottery game.  The wait ended in 2009 when Governor Charlie Crist gave the Florida Lottery the green light to join Powerball.  Along with California joining Powerball, every lottery state will have both multi-state games for their players to enjoy.  I also heard that Wyoming is starting a lottery and will be joining Powerball, hopefully it won't be long before Wyoming has Mega Millions as well.  What do you guys think?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19911 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2013, 1:22 am - IP Logged

thanks for your opinion,

as long as they keep Disney world open Hurray!

Let it Snow Snowman

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2013, 2:08 am - IP Logged

I like that Florida is joining Mega hopefully Wyoming will follow.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
        Nutley, New Jersey
        United States
        Member #131058
        August 1, 2012
        875 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2013, 3:03 am - IP Logged

I think it's a good idea for FL to have mega millions and CA to have PB. I'm not sure why it didn't happen sooner.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2013, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

I just recently heard the exciting news that Mega Millions is comming to Florida and I want to voice my opinion about it.  From what I read, it is due to the overwealming demand from Florida Lottery players and retailers wanting Mega Millions here in Florida due to the world record $640 Million jackpot last year.  The Florida Lottery is just going to go ahead and join Mega Millions, not even needing Governor Rick Scott's aproval.  I know that back in 1999, Governor Jeb Bush banned the Florida Lottery from joining any Multi-State lottery game.  The wait ended in 2009 when Governor Charlie Crist gave the Florida Lottery the green light to join Powerball.  Along with California joining Powerball, every lottery state will have both multi-state games for their players to enjoy.  I also heard that Wyoming is starting a lottery and will be joining Powerball, hopefully it won't be long before Wyoming has Mega Millions as well.  What do you guys think?

"What do you guys think?"

I think that's the first and only thing Charlie Crist ever got right. He was a dope but at least he didn't screw that up! 

Here's to Charlie! Cheers 

Thanks for not screwin' that up, Charlie! Thumbs Up

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4111 Posts
            Posted: March 17, 2013, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

l think you said it all.

Litebets27's avatar - power
              Maryland
              United States
              Member #10465
              January 14, 2005
              6065 Posts
              Posted: March 17, 2013, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

I visit Florida once or twice a year.  I always play the lottery there and always ask for Mega Million, forgetting that Florida doesn't have Mega Million. Thank goodness Florida is joining. Now I won't get those crazy stares from the cashier when I ask for Mega Million. yeah!!!Hurray!

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                California
                United States
                Member #112364
                June 17, 2011
                661 Posts
                Posted: March 17, 2013, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

The more states join, the more players play. The more players play, the bigger the jackpot.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: March 17, 2013, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

The more states join, the more players play. The more players play, the bigger the jackpot.

Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19911 Posts
                    Posted: March 17, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                      Florida
                      United States
                      Member #61435
                      May 22, 2008
                      908 Posts
                      Posted: March 18, 2013, 5:52 am - IP Logged

Glad we joined, been asking the Pink Flamingo for some time.....

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
                        Member #103786
                        January 5, 2011
                        486 Posts
                        Posted: March 20, 2013, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Yep that's why hopefully with california joining powerball it will be the last of the $10 mill minimum increases until the jackpot gets over $100 million...................one can hope

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3856 Posts
                          Posted: March 20, 2013, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

Yep that's why hopefully with california joining powerball it will be the last of the $10 mill minimum increases until the jackpot gets over $100 million...................one can hope

I agree, and being a former resident of that state I find the response refreshing,

the cali-bashing goes to far, not just here, but on yahoo..etc...

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.