Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Virginia scratch off-bar code doesn't match prize $...

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 4 years ago by ScratcherBoy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #140348
March 16, 2013
4 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2013, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I purchased a Virginia Scratch off which when scratched revealed one matching number and a $20 winner. I attempted to redeem this ticket at 2 seperate lottery retailers who both advised me that the bar code scan read redeem at VA lottery office and that the prize was over $600.. Myself and both retailers scoured that ticket for a missed match of some sort  with no luck. Any ideas what could be going on ?

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #103813
    January 5, 2011
    1530 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2013, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

I purchased a Virginia Scratch off which when scratched revealed one matching number and a $20 winner. I attempted to redeem this ticket at 2 seperate lottery retailers who both advised me that the bar code scan read redeem at VA lottery office and that the prize was over $600.. Myself and both retailers scoured that ticket for a missed match of some sort  with no luck. Any ideas what could be going on ?

Post a picture of the ticket. Can't help much without seeing what you're talking about.

Already replied in your original post for this in Lotery Discussion:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/258478/2975666

United States
      Member #45031
      August 13, 2006
      29 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2013, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

take it to the lottery office. in cases where the matching numbers don't match the results in the bar code, the bar code is what they go by.