Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pair hit counter

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Harve$t Moon.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #135615
November 27, 2012
405 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2013, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Based on another thread (didn't want to hijack it), I threw this together: http://lottodrawodds.com/tools/tool4.aspx

I've been fairly busy so I haven't had time to do many updates to the site. This idea seemed pretty straight forward so I coded it. Basically, it generates every possible set and then finds how often the number pairs matched up (based on the date range). So the column "Times Positions 1 and 2 hit" simply means how often Position 1 and Position 2 occurred in a winning draw.

Let me know if something doesn't make sense or needs more explanation.

Florida
    United States
    Member #66575
    October 30, 2008
    3549 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2013, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Very Nice Manual

Thank You

Carlig

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40431 Posts
      Posted: March 19, 2013, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Florida
        United States
        Member #135615
        November 27, 2012
        405 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2013, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

If people find it helpful, there's more than can be done with it. I can add more filters in there like assuming a position. Say if you have a system that typically nails Position 1. You could pick that number for position 1 and it would run the pairs for the other two positions.

Some of the more interesting testing has been when outs are applied to that list. For example, if any given number (for each position) is under the out average for the pasy 180 days, add 10% of the total column to itself. Then look and see if a number has been out more than it's previous out maximum over the last 180 days. If that happens, add 20% to the total column back to itself. This method turns the Total column into more of a ranking system. I've done light testing and it typically produces several wins a week. Sometimes the hit is in the first 5 results, others times its number 15 in the list. So it's just a question as to how many sets you want to play.

I've also been toying with the idea of generating data where the code will find how well a number peformed, week by week, from the previous year. That will give some data points like what we could expect out of a number, an average on a hot week vs a cold week. Overall performance for the year. Stuff like that. Taking it a step further, the data could be generated for previous years to get a sense of trending for each number on each position. So year by year (or month by month), we would be able to see what numbers might be considered hot or cold. All of that could be applied to the pair ranking system. It's a bit of work but could be interesting to see how well it works. I'm just not sure how I would present the data. Maybe just go the obvious route and make a chart for it similar to what I have on my site already.

Anyone else have ideas for filters, different data points, or anything I'm not thinking of?

kreative1's avatar - flower2
          NE PA
          United States
          Member #127838
          May 10, 2012
          1230 Posts
          Posted: March 19, 2013, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

as soon as my headache goes away, I'll think about it

it must be this weather or something but thinking right now hurts

lol

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
            Member #76986
            July 10, 2009
            8035 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2013, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Hi Manual,

Will you put install a counter for the Powerball and Mega Millions games?  Something that would count, sort from highest frequency to lowest frequency the pairs from many, many games .... And that would separate the Power balls and Mega balls from the mix ... while counting and sorting them and using your various formats? Whew!!!  Thanks!

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
              Member #76986
              July 10, 2009
              8035 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2013, 1:47 am - IP Logged

Hi Manual,

Will you put install a counter for the Powerball and Mega Millions games?  Something that would count, sort from highest frequency to lowest frequency the pairs from many, many games .... And that would separate the Power balls and Mega balls from the mix ... while counting and sorting them and using your various formats? Whew!!!  Thanks!

Bump ...

Would still like to have such a counter.  Thanks!