Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Strange question about Lottery vs Economic Collapse

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 4 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2013, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

Government buying billions of rounds of bullets, President visiting Israel, being guaranteed another 10 years of aid.

Banging the war drum against Syria, or Iran, maybe. Who knows.

There will be no time for lottery, or anything else.

I just wanna win the p-3 straight just one more time. Green laugh

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5120 Posts
    Posted: March 21, 2013, 12:13 am - IP Logged

I know this is going to be a strange question here, but what can a lottery winner do to protect his/her winnings against a possible dollar collapse?  Do you take the money and transfer it all to a different country money system? What are some options that can be looked at?

Bagent:

no>>>>>>>>>no>>>>>>>>UR ??????IS NOT >>>>>>>STRANGE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!

NO >>ONE>>>2013<<<<<<KNOWS WATCHA tonkin BOUT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!

can>>u>>>>>2000>>>>>>research THIS SITE on BUYING>>>>SMALL islands>>SMALL ISLAND^^^^^^!!!!

thise is not a INVESTMENT >>ADVICE>>but>>RESEARCH >>island???$$!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5120 Posts
      Posted: March 21, 2013, 12:19 am - IP Logged

Government buying billions of rounds of bullets, President visiting Israel, being guaranteed another 10 years of aid.

Banging the war drum against Syria, or Iran, maybe. Who knows.

There will be no time for lottery, or anything else.

I just wanna win the p-3 straight just one more time. Green laugh

om:

FRIEND>>CAN'T agree but good luck!!!

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: March 21, 2013, 12:26 am - IP Logged

om:

FRIEND>>CAN'T agree but good luck!!!

Tanks, i need all the help i can get. hee

Kumo's avatar - ebDWVf6 jpg?1

United States
          Member #122235
          January 27, 2012
          172 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2013, 1:09 am - IP Logged

Buy up some acerage in a secluded area that gets plenty of annual rainfall and has good soil and a good growing season. Build a well defended rock walled fortress with plenty of room for family and friends. Stock up on a couple of years worth of provisions, heirloom seeds, canning materials, etc. Bring along a copy of the Declaration of Independence and the Amendments to the Constitution for good measure.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. ~Ronald Reagan

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." ~Wolfgang von Goethe

"It's preferable to be harmlessly paranoid than fatally stupid."  ~Anonymous

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
            Nutley, New Jersey
            United States
            Member #131058
            August 1, 2012
            875 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2013, 2:37 am - IP Logged

Buy up some acerage in a secluded area that gets plenty of annual rainfall and has good soil and a good growing season. Build a well defended rock walled fortress with plenty of room for family and friends. Stock up on a couple of years worth of provisions, heirloom seeds, canning materials, etc. Bring along a copy of the Declaration of Independence and the Amendments to the Constitution for good measure.

don’t forget guns and lots of ammunition. There will be roving bands of hungry marauders who didn't prepare.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: March 21, 2013, 3:04 am - IP Logged

look at currency collapses in history USA alone, has had 5 of them, the paper isnt real wealth.  Yeah i know usa seems  a super power.  but i would alt least diversify  hoarding cash is no good if that cash becomes worthless. likes soutern money after the civil war.  I dot think any country will survive the next crash unscathed everything will take a loss. its a matter of who ends up with all the assets  when its all over.  and i mean th productive assets,.  look at russia, and their collapse. it all ended up in the ex KGB's hands  when the dust settled.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: March 21, 2013, 3:16 am - IP Logged

"the paper isnt real wealth"

There is absolutely nothing with financial value that exceeds what somebody else will give you for it, and what somebody will give you for somehting depends on the economy and the practical utility of the object.

The US accounts for about 20% of the world's economy, so the effects of a major economic problem isn't going to be limited to the US. 1000 pounds of gold or 5 million Euros might not be worth much (or anything) more than the current equivalent in US dollars. Anyone worrying about what to invest in to guard against truly serious economic problems should be looking for things with practical utility.