Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

wow did this kid screw up

Topic closed. 118 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 7 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
40513 Posts
Posted: March 21, 2013, 10:56 am - IP Logged

If the tickets come up a winner the kid gets 20% of the pot. Green laugh

You never know, the lottery fairy could be helping them to become very rich

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

LAKE HAVASU AZ
    United States
    Member #44729
    August 8, 2006
    446 Posts
    Posted: March 21, 2013, 11:35 am - IP Logged

it's all good ...............if we win he gets a 100.00 from each of us Party

but if we loseThinking of...swimming with the fishes....lol...J/K

some day....some day

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40513 Posts
      Posted: March 21, 2013, 11:46 am - IP Logged

it's all good ...............if we win he gets a 100.00 from each of us Party

but if we loseThinking of...swimming with the fishes....lol...J/K

LOL, he must feel terrible, good luck to you and your group

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: March 21, 2013, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

First, how do you know it's a mistake and not a ticket that was accidentally left behind? If it was left behind the store may not own it and would therefore have no right to sell it.  In general, anyone who finds property has a legal obligation to make an effort to locate the owner.

There's also the chance that it was correctly printed at a player's request, but the player then realized they didn't have their money with them. Did the store give the player a reasonable chance to come back and pay, or did they sell it to the first person who would take it? Did ther clerk give the ticket to the player, who then left it as collateral for their debt? There may be a reasonable argument that the ticket was legitimately transferred to the customer  and that the store should have given the customer a reasonable chance to pay before selling the customer's ticket.

If it's the result of a mistake, who made the mistake and what was the mistake?

Several months ago a clerk accidentally printed my MM ticket with the megaplier, and before even asking me she printed another one without the megaplier. She then gave me the first ticket for free, but suppose I didn't get the ticket and those numbers had won the jackpot?

Sure, we mostly agree that nobody has sole rights to a set of numbers, but that ticket was generated using my betslip, and because I was making a good faith effort to buy a ticket (that I hope has a unique set of numbers). Whether anyone else had played those numbers or not, that ticket that was printed in error would have diluted the value of my ticket if those numbers were drawn. Making me buy the ticket to protect my value raises the cost of playing. There's absolutely no question that I would be able to sue; I need a filing fee, not a good case. The question is whether or not the clerk's negligence would result in me winning the lawsuit. If I win there are (at least) three possible outcomes. One is that the ticket printed by mistake is considered valid and the store has to pay. Another is that the ticket is declared valid, but the lottery has to make good. The third is that the ticket is declared void, since it was never requested by a player and was only printed as a result of the clerk's error.

That last one may be a serious bummer for anyone who bought the ticket. Legally it would be just like any other losing ticket, except that the player would get their money back, but you can be sure that the player isn't going to be happy about it.

None of that means there's a significant risk in buying a mistake, but I'd suggest that anyone who think's there's too much risk in playing with a pool consisting of people they know isn't thinking consistently if they'll buy a ticket without being positive that they're the only one with a rock solid claim of ownership.

Stupid rookie-like mistake on your part.

Lottery 101 - Never trust a clerk to give you what you ask for.

Fill out a Playslip.

You got nobody to blame but yourself.

Lawsuit? Laughable.

LAKE HAVASU AZ
          United States
          Member #44729
          August 8, 2006
          446 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2013, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

PartyGAME ON !!alrighty then , clinton michigan has sole ownership of selling the winner (i hope)Party

some day....some day

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19829 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2013, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

46 states with a lottery, and thousands of laws and red tape, customers understanding their rights, is a far and few affair.  After all lottery is about making small businesses happy, not lottery players. (A happy lottery player is one who can play online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

When it comes to lottery Jackpot games, its more like you break it you bought it.

The funny thing is refunds come easy with daily games in NY,  but a jackpot game, its like screw you!!  You broke it you bought it!!

You dont even get a ten minute grace period to cancel!  Those expensive computers sure are dumb!

From what I understand, JP games cannot be canceled and yes I agree its a good idea to find out your refund rights.  ( I have been playing for almost ten years and I still dont know albeit I also have never asked, except for some random P***ls).

Which bodes the question, perhaps, this kid DID ASK for PB tickets, and the clerk just printed MM tickets.

But the kid was just not wise enough to check. What if there was a long line of poolies? The kid would feel a lot of pressure to get out of there.  He probably was even on his lunch break!!!

I have often not checked my tickets, but then when I get to the car, I say to myself "man you didn't check"

Did this kid have enough time to double check and get back to work in time?  Maybe he know they were wrong, but couldn't do anything about it?

If you receive 110 wrong tickets, what would you do?

I mostly get my info on refunds from the clerks, could they all be lying?

Thinking of...

Ohio states on its website that multi-states games can't be canceled and if they can't be canceled someone has to pay for them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: March 21, 2013, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Ohio states on its website that multi-states games can't be canceled and if they can't be canceled someone has to pay for them.

thanks RJoh.  man thats rough. no wonder clerks dont like serving the lotto .

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

LAKE HAVASU AZ
                United States
                Member #44729
                August 8, 2006
                446 Posts
                Posted: March 22, 2013, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

well this went alot better 220 chances and it's for power ball NOT MEGA ....but tonite we have 210 chances for mega

wonder wonder wonder.....to hit both ...yep pipe dreaming...lol

some day....some day

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2013, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

three numbers matched and mega ball......Partyoh ...wrong game....lol

Lol you so crazyGreen laugh

I Love Pink & Green 1908

AlwaysSunday's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
                    Minnesota
                    United States
                    Member #140099
                    March 11, 2013
                    24 Posts
                    Posted: March 22, 2013, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh

hows that saying go?  if you want it done right...hey you never know, maybe you have a winner for friday, and you were able to purchase twice as many MM tickets as powerball.

However if you played quickpicks, you can just throw them all in the trash now.

However if you played quickpicks, you can just throw them all in the trash now

lol. That is hilarious.

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: March 23, 2013, 12:09 am - IP Logged

well this went alot better 220 chances and it's for power ball NOT MEGA ....but tonite we have 210 chances for mega

wonder wonder wonder.....to hit both ...yep pipe dreaming...lol

So how did we do?  Are we having "kid" roast this weekend?

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3474 Posts
                        Posted: March 23, 2013, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Stupid rookie-like mistake on your part.

Lottery 101 - Never trust a clerk to give you what you ask for.

Fill out a Playslip.

You got nobody to blame but yourself.

Lawsuit? Laughable.

The stupid mistake is thinking that you've got a clue. It's an especialy stupid mistake, since I said I used a betslip.

As for a lawsuit, you don't need a really good case. You only need the filing fee. As we've recently seen with a lawsuit over a pool, once somebody files a lawsuit even the share of the prize that isn't being disputed may be frozen until the case is settled. I don't see any reason at all to buy a ticket that the original purchaser didn't leave with, when they'll be glad to print whatever you want specifically for you.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                          u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19858 Posts
                          Posted: March 23, 2013, 12:47 am - IP Logged

So how did we do?  Are we having "kid" roast this weekend?

Mar 26th $26 Million  est.  Jackpot: No grand prize winners anyway

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3300 Posts
                            Posted: March 23, 2013, 5:34 am - IP Logged

well to add to the " people who run pools are morons" thread i have a tale.

i ran a pool,   ,,, no thats not it,, :D   and handed over running it to a buddy who CAN read and seems intelligent. but he still messes up, not a bigy becase we play on my system of   low cost entry in every draw. ie min entries.  about $700 a year between the 3 of us.  anyhow he came home with tickets he didnt check, and the clerk didnt    enter right. he didnt check till too late, and yeah  here we can do refunds.

alos instructions on how to play the new harder to win powerball,  seemed to have evvaded him, when they where  written on a guide issued by the  lottoery to his house.  and getting the numbers marked and entered was a complete balls up. a single phone call to me would have sorted it all out. as i am the   team lotto guru.

I guess lotto isnt the most important thing in some peoples lives.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

LAKE HAVASU AZ
                              United States
                              Member #44729
                              August 8, 2006
                              446 Posts
                              Posted: March 23, 2013, 6:33 am - IP Logged

well this is AWSOME!!!!!!!!! $19.00 .................................WE EACH GET 0.90 CENTSParty

some day....some day