Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 11:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Back testing... Is it a real view...

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 4 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Peculiar, Mo
United States
Member #140561
March 22, 2013
5 Posts
Posted: March 22, 2013, 6:38 am - IP Logged

I developed a c# program that generates tickets using a Balanced Wheel (Published by Gail) that creates 10 tickets from 12 numbers as well as I am filtering on Gail's suggested Sum of Numbers.  I have conducted numerious back tests and will post my results on the last 500 drawings.

3,615 tickets generated, $405.00 (405 tickets) in 1$ matches (2 of 5), $510 (51 Tickets) in $10 matches (3 of 5), $750.00 (3 tickets) in $250 matches (4 of 5)

The games stated averages are $1 in 9.6, $10 in 102.6, and $250 in 3396.  My questions are .... can I trust the backtest to be revelant to the future?  Are my numbers low in gains (46% ROI).  I am a little better in $1 wins, almost double in $10 dollar wins... and tripple on $250 dollar wins.

I am new to using software and tools to choose numbers.  Would you say that I am on the right Track?

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2013, 7:07 am - IP Logged

I developed a c# program that generates tickets using a Balanced Wheel (Published by Gail) that creates 10 tickets from 12 numbers as well as I am filtering on Gail's suggested Sum of Numbers.  I have conducted numerious back tests and will post my results on the last 500 drawings.

3,615 tickets generated, $405.00 (405 tickets) in 1$ matches (2 of 5), $510 (51 Tickets) in $10 matches (3 of 5), $750.00 (3 tickets) in $250 matches (4 of 5)

The games stated averages are $1 in 9.6, $10 in 102.6, and $250 in 3396.  My questions are .... can I trust the backtest to be revelant to the future?  Are my numbers low in gains (46% ROI).  I am a little better in $1 wins, almost double in $10 dollar wins... and tripple on $250 dollar wins.

I am new to using software and tools to choose numbers.  Would you say that I am on the right Track?

You can post your picks on LP, and you can play them for real same time.

You did not specify your wheel conditions, your picks and the lottery.

You smell like scam to me.

Peculiar, Mo
      United States
      Member #140561
      March 22, 2013
      5 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2013, 7:16 am - IP Logged

No scam.  The lottery is the Missouri Show Me Cash, I posted my picks for tonight. I am not boasting because I have nothing to compare to other than I never had many returns on my quick picks that I used to play.

I entered this topic because I have real questions. I am not marketing or selling anything other than trying to find a piece of mind and a sense of direction.

Thanks for all reply's.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19901 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2013, 7:27 am - IP Logged

When you say "back testing", do you mean you are doing more than just generating a group of combinations and comparing them to the previous drawings?

Since most systems are dynamic, the combinations you would have generated in the past might be different than the combinations you generated most recently, so "back testing" would have to account for that too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: March 22, 2013, 7:27 am - IP Logged

No scam.  The lottery is the Missouri Show Me Cash, I posted my picks for tonight. I am not boasting because I have nothing to compare to other than I never had many returns on my quick picks that I used to play.

I entered this topic because I have real questions. I am not marketing or selling anything other than trying to find a piece of mind and a sense of direction.

Thanks for all reply's.

You need to upgrade to post more than ten picks and use your wheels.

The player bets, the croupier is doing the dealing. You are the player.

Peculiar, Mo
            United States
            Member #140561
            March 22, 2013
            5 Posts
            Posted: March 22, 2013, 7:45 am - IP Logged

I am using old data and treating it like it's new for testing purposes.  So, I am able to generate statistics to view how many of my tickets would have matched.  I dynamically look at the old data as if it were new at that period of time.  So, in other words... I can look at any date and generate numbers for the next days drawing.

Peculiar, Mo
              United States
              Member #140561
              March 22, 2013
              5 Posts
              Posted: March 22, 2013, 7:51 am - IP Logged

You need to upgrade to post more than ten picks and use your wheels.

The player bets, the croupier is doing the dealing. You are the player.

It is not a prove or disprove theory.   It's a question on how real is data from old drawing and can it be predictive of future events.  I just joined today so I only play 10 tickets per day (that's my budget) and I only play the Missouri Show Me.  But I will place my forecasts out daily for the fun.  I have found that there are gaps in times where results can be differnent.  That means that at 400 to 475 days ago I might be doing better in the stats but overall, in the long run.... i just run a 1,000 past entries to relect my averages.

Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: March 22, 2013, 7:56 am - IP Logged

I am using old data and treating it like it's new for testing purposes.  So, I am able to generate statistics to view how many of my tickets would have matched.  I dynamically look at the old data as if it were new at that period of time.  So, in other words... I can look at any date and generate numbers for the next days drawing.

old data = history, past drawings

You simulated a payout if you had played your wheel in the past? Our lottery used to offer such a service. Old stuff.
                Anybody can view past drawings, most can analyse them.

I never heard about dynamic vision, I always was looking just like that.

If you are new here, you can crawl through the posts. There is a search textbox.

You say that you have wheeling software and analytical software for your drawings. You say that you copied Gail Howard's smartluck program and that you don't know which numbers you should pick?

Peculiar, Mo
                  United States
                  Member #140561
                  March 22, 2013
                  5 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2013, 8:05 am - IP Logged

old data = history, past drawings

You simulated a payout if you had played your wheel in the past? Our lottery used to offer such a service. Old stuff.
                  Anybody can view past drawings, most can analyse them.

I never heard about dynamic vision, I always was looking just like that.

If you are new here, you can crawl through the posts. There is a search textbox.

You say that you have wheeling software and analytical software for your drawings. You say that you copied Gail Howard's smartluck program and that you don't know which numbers you should pick?

Well SergM, I see I've made a friend for life out of you.  I have not copied anyone's software other than a public release of one published wheel, included filter logic that was published in public release, and decided programmically which numbers that I want to play.  If no one wants to address the question... how reliable is using old data when evaluting wheels, choices, and logic then the purpose of my thread is mute.

I was hoping for a real discussion of old data verses if I am trying to sell a gold watch on the street corner.... or etc...

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
                    Athens
                    Greece
                    Member #133234
                    September 24, 2012
                    192 Posts
                    Posted: March 22, 2013, 8:21 am - IP Logged

Welcome to LP OtterWay.

You can use "old data" in order to "evaluate" your wheels.

Patterns/trends will always be there. "Proving />TRUE randomness", will not happen in this life.

Best Of Luck.

6/49 dis(assembly)

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                      Member #5599
                      July 13, 2004
                      1192 Posts
                      Posted: March 22, 2013, 9:00 am - IP Logged

How valid is the measure you are backtesting with? That will determine how relevent your future predictions will be.

As a programmer you have an edge on all the rest. Use it to find the most valid measures. *S*

I think you will find that the Gail Howard approch and wheeling will only take you so far.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6305 Posts
                        Posted: March 22, 2013, 9:12 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP OtterWay, you might want to post your question on the Mathematics or Lottery Sysyem forum. 

Keep in mind when ever the a jackpot gets high a lot scammers start posting on the LP so Serge is just making sure your not one.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: March 22, 2013, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Lurking